NBA Restart: Are you watching??! Let?s discuss!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
I wouldn't go so far as saying that getting beaten by the Raps means they shouldn't be in the playoffs, Raps went 7-8 in the bubble beating the Lakers, Nugs and Bucks. Nets are going to get swept by the World Champion Raps.

The Toronto Raptors 150-122 WIN over the Brooklyn Nets to gain
a 4-0 sweep are looking-good to go to the ECF to hold-down their Championship grounds.
The Nets Fired the head-coach (Atkinson) that could've pulled a win or two out of the series.

The Boston Celtricks 110-106 WIN over the Ben SimmonsLESS Philly 76ers looked the same as the previous Boston 3 wins .. Boston swept the 76ers 4-0 in the postseason Bubble.

The Dallas Mavs young star Doncic pulled a (Magic Johnson/Larry Bird) last-shot 135-133 overtime playoff WIN over the Doc Rivers L.A. Clippers to TIE the series at 2-2 .. Great Game to watch !!!

tiger0330

Legend
The Toronto Raptors 150-122 WIN over the Brooklyn Nets to gain
a 4-0 sweep are looking-good to go to the ECF to hold-down their Championship grounds.
The Nets Fired the head-coach (Atkinson) that could've pulled a win or two out of the series.

The Boston Celtricks 110-106 WIN over the Ben SimmonsLESS Philly 76ers looked the same as the previous Boston 3 wins .. Boston swept the 76ers 4-0 in the postseason Bubble.

The Dallas Mavs young star Doncic pulled a (Magic Johnson/Larry Bird) last-shot 135-133 overtime playoff WIN over the Doc Rivers L.A. Clippers to TIE the series at 2-2 .. Great Game to watch !!!
Young Luka said hitting the game winner was the best feeling he’s had in his life. Best game of the playoffs so far, 2 ex-Knicks not named Porzingis THJ and Trey put up 46 and filled in admirably for their injured teammate. Trey needs to find a spot ahead of Barea.

Paul George needs to start living up to his billing as one of the best 2 way players soon otherwise we may see the Mavs in the WC finals.

tiger0330

Legend
He's not available but Fred Vanvleet is. Dropped 30 going 11-15 and 8-10 from deep along with 11 dimes, he's unrestricted and TOR is going to match anyone you have to believe but the Knicks have to try.
Slew of articles about Vanvleet being a FA target of the Knicks. Go get him and move on from Payton.

mafra

Legend
I do think PG is their main focus, either in draft, via trade, or free agent signing. What I like about simply signing FReddy is we won?t over reach for PG in the draft or settle on one available on trade market. Seems a safer bet, and with Freddy... and Randle... a good draft... is that we will
Be a 40-win playoff team and on the right track.

I want BPA at 8, if that?s a PG... fine. But don?t reach for a need.

KingCharles34

All Star
Porzingis still struggling with his knee. Hes definitely taken his game up another level but that won't matter if he cant stay healthy. Still is tough to watch these ex Knicks contributing with the Mavs

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Seeing ex Knicks performing well after leaving NY has always been something nasty to deal with but i am glad Burke is constantly putting up numbers as a starter in the playoffs. I loved him while he was a Knick and was sad to see him go

tiger0330

Legend
Seeing ex Knicks performing well after leaving NY has always been something nasty to deal with but i am glad Burke is constantly putting up numbers as a starter in the playoffs. I loved him while he was a Knick and was sad to see him go
All this talk about drafting a PG. When he was here I didn't think Fizdale gave him enough of a shot to be our starting PG, right now he's better than DSJ and Nits and arguably maybe even Payton. Knicks had a chance to pick him up again after he got waived by the Sixers and Dallas signed him to one of those substitution player contracts so he might become available again but I doubt DAL lets him with Barea being 36 yrs old.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Haven't watching and posting as much as I should but man watch these games until the end!!! OG saves the Craptors bacon with 0.5, the Bucks almost steal a game after being down 6 with 10 seconds left whew..Update: Lebron cries alot but still can bring it on both ends of the floor. We still need a PG as old friend Rajon Rondo was BIG for the Lakers last night. The Bucks are OUT and all us black folks in Illinois are HAPPY after the shooting in K-Town. Leave the land of cheese and come to us Giannis. You are too big a star those cheeseheads don't appreciate or deserve you there. Jimmy Buckets is still Jimmy Buckets the Bullies and Sixers messed up. The impending Celtics/Heat series looks to be a great one as Jason Tatum is a bad man as well. And my poor little Rockets um um um

Kiyaman

Legend
Lakers vs the 1-3 postseason underdog Denver Nuggets tonight ....
I say, the 1-3 Nuggets will win tonight game vs the AD Lebron Lakers !!!

Boston beat the Heats last night to make the series a 3-2 Miami Heats lead.
I'm sorry to say, but I believe the Harden & Westbrook small-ball Rockets lineup would beat Boston & Heats in 6 game postseason series.

Kawhi Lenard should've stayed another season with the Raptors .. Kawhi made coach Doc Rivers winning strategic coaching look bad this season, especially wanting a career postseason Grade C+ Paul George on the Clippers team. Especially the Clippers trading a young star in Shai
Gilgeous-Alexander for PG13 SMH

Kiyaman

Legend
FINALS .... Lakers vs Miami Heats

Game-1 .. Were all Lakers the first 3 quarters of the game for a 116-98 Lakers win over Miami to lead the FINALS 1-0.

tiger0330

Legend
Adebayo and Dragic doubtful for game 2. I think Butler’s ankle is not 100% either.

Lakers go up 2-0 and I’m calling for Lakers in a sweep the way they handled the Heat in game 1.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Well I guess we have to crown them damn Lakers and Lebitch. I've never been a Laker fan not even in the 80's. I've liked individual players on the Lakers like James Worthy but their "Championship Entitlement" turns me off big time.

Read today that NBA might do a 72 game season starting in December. That would be pretty good, all things considered.

tiger0330

Legend
Read today that NBA might do a 72 game season starting in December. That would be pretty good, all things considered.
The winter is coming and the prediction is the cold weather is going to make the pandemic worse which would put a damper on starting the NBA season again in arenas and the NBA is not going to play in a bubble again. I do have confidence in Silver and the NBA that they'll come up with a plan that is safe for both the fans and the players though but would scrub the season if it isn't.

Players? union has agreed to 72 game season starting December 22. With the NBA Draft scheduled for November 18, seems like we are going to start seeing other team transactions very soon.

tiger0330

Legend
NBA free agency tentatively to start right after draft on 11/20 to 11/22.

Draft, FA, training camp the start of a new season all in the short span of a month and a half. Should be exciting for us after not having much Knicks news to digest the last 8 months.I'm looking at rumors about trying to acquire CP3, I'll be disappointed if we go that route without getting assets back from OKC in their salary dump. Lots of other rumors over the last few months about who we'll pursue in FA and we should know in a couple of weeks about who the Knicks are interested in.

mafra

Legend
Former KU lottery pick, MKG, on NYK radar... A Thibbs defensive and bet leader guy, with Wildcat ties.

He?s only 27 and should be a league min type.

tiger0330

Legend
If we’re able to pick him up for the vets minimum, the Knicks should do it, he’s worth that to start a defensive identity. But he’s described as some reclamation project like he’s going to be able to improve his shooting after 8 years in the NBA and failing to improve in that time. I’m not paying more than half of an MLE contract for a dude that has a 27% 3 pt pct.