Bucks boycott Wed. playoff game

tiger0330

Legend
The Bucks did not come out of their locker room for their 4pm playoff game causing the cancellation of the other games for today's playoffs. Todays boycott of the game is because of the shooting of Jacob Blake in another excessive display of police force that is a theme and cause for the playoffs and players in the restart of this NBA season.

I don't remember anything like this ever happening in the NBA, not in the Vietnam era, during the civil rights movement, never in my memory. People will probably disagree with me, but I applaud the players for making their popularity and exposure a platform to try to make a difference.

tiger0330

Legend
Just remembered Sterling Brown of the Bucks was a victim of police harassment and racial profiling when he was arrested for parking in a handicap spot in an empty drug store parking lot late at night.

tiger0330

Legend
Worth noting that this did not lead to a DQ but rather a postponement of all 3 playoff games today.
Good point htr10. The league could have DQ'ed the Bucks for this game, Magic were on the court warming up in preparation for the game. That said it would have been inane if they were DQ'ed since these playoffs have that theme of social justice that the whole league is promoting.

pat

Starter
The Bucks did not come out of their locker room for their 4pm playoff game causing the cancellation of the other games for today's playoffs. Todays boycott of the game is because of the shooting of Jacob Blake in another excessive display of police force that is a theme and cause for the playoffs and players in the restart of this NBA season.

Especially now words matter. Trump and the GOP are trying to frame this as some sort of boycott. However, it is a strike. Olayers are levelling their labour in order to achieve something, not for themselves, but for others. Adam Silver ist good friends with Kushner and the billionaire owners have demonstrated time and time again, how they can twist politicians' arms whenever they want something, like a new arena. Slogans and virtue signaling is not going to get the job done. So please let's call it what it is: A strike.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Playoffs resume tomorrow thank goodness!!! I agree with the walkout and all the reasons behind it but back to basketball as I was really enjoying these playoffs. That being said I only live about 30 minutes away from Kenosha on the Illinois side and its crazy the thought process or lack thereof. Some are claiming "self-defense." Please. That kid left his home with an assault rifle looking for trouble and found it. At least one of the victims is white so its "white-white" crime in Kenosha. Worst part was after the shooting this 17 year old waltzed passed the police and drove himself home. Imagine that. He is being housed in a juvenile a mile or two south of my job on the same street. He should at least be downtown in the county with real knuckle-heads. And he is fighting extradition to Wisco. Unbelievable.

tiger0330

Legend
The 2 day postponement might have helped some teams like the Rox who should get Russ back tomorrow. Dallas I don't think can win without Porzingis so maybe the few extra days off let's him recover enough to play. This is an elimination game for the Mavs and if KP doesn't play there are going to be questions about his heart and durability.

tiger0330

Legend
The 2 day postponement might have helped some teams like the Rox who should get Russ back tomorrow. Dallas I don't think can win without Porzingis so maybe the few extra days off let's him recover enough to play. This is an elimination game for the Mavs and if KP doesn't play there are going to be questions about his heart and durability.
Just saw htr10 post about KP out with a torn meniscus. Meniscus not the worst knee injury, recovery is a couple of months but Mavs have plenty to worry about with that 5 yr deal with KP.