2020 NBA Draft thread

mafra

Legend
Boooooooo!

So, Leon drafts a guys who his son is his agent. Screw Rose. You?ll be fired in 4 years and we?ll start another rebuild in 2025.

mafra

Legend
I lost to Ossining my senior year in our bowl game. Toppin went to Ossining and his pops a NYC playground legend. But, he is a BAD fit on a team without a PG or shooters.

Rose lost me and this is a bad pick.

mafra

Legend
You know you messed up when they guy you should?ve taken goes the next pick and the other team falls down hurrying them selection to the podium.

It?s funny how much things have changed with the NBA draft. You draft the best college player at 8 and it seems like a mistake.

mafra

Legend
KNicks Just drafted a guy who wasn?t even good enough to play college basketball until he grew 7 inches his Jr year. The dude is almost 23? Unbelievable bad pick. Yeah... he feasted on kids 4 years younger at Dayton. A major conference. What an awful pick!!!!

mafra

Legend
It?s funny how much things have changed with the NBA draft. You draft the best college player at 8 and it seems like a mistake.

There?s a reason teams don?t draft 22 yr-olds in the lottery. This isn?t 1975 and he?s coming out of UCLA.

mafra

Legend
We sign Randle, Portis, Morris, Gibson and draft Knox, so naturally let?s waste the 8th pick on another PF.

Knox and Toppin arguably the weakest defensive PF duo in NBA history.

To be fair, Pascal Siakam was drafted at age 22, so Toppin?s age doesn?t bother me.

I guess this means they are trading Randle, maybe?

Don?t love the Obi Toppin pick, but don?t hate it as much as others.

If we get Tyrell Terry or Theo Maledon at 23, I?ll be happier.

tiger0330

Legend
To be fair, Pascal Siakam was drafted at age 22, so Toppin’s age doesn’t bother me.

Don’t love the Obi Toppin pick, but don’t hate it as much as others.
If they don't get Cole or Terry, Randall for Russ maybe or we roll with DSJ and Nits.

mafra

Legend
that's funny maf; ironically funny:)

I prepared myself for it for a week, especially al day after CLE rumor surfaced. When Pat and Okoro went, I knew it was coming. I though I was prepared for it. But, then it happened and I am more irate than I ever imagined. Such a freaking waste of a pick.

Thibs will hate the kid and won?t play him, that?s assuming we trade Randle. It also means we have up on Knox, bc they play the same position. Mostly, tho, it shows Rose is all
About how ?connections? and not finding the best players.

Sorry, I don?t want my freaking GM using a lottery pick on a guy just bc his own son is the player?s agent. That?s wrong!

Now, is he BPA? Maybe, if we had the correct roster. But not here...

22 and from a mid-major! It?s almost like Rose has no clue who to draft, so to avoid perception of a bust he?ll take the guy who can be featured on highlight packages.

You know what you won?t see? Obi finishing games bc he will be out in P&R situations and exposed.

And, guess what? With no spacing (shooters) and no PG, Toppin won?t be able to get a shot off.

Like I said, I was prepared to be disappointed.... but this is like when we took Jordan Hill all over again. I have no faith in this pick or this regime. I?m watching Mavs this season.

KingCharles34

All Star
Well guys im not the arrogant jerk I once was lol. I thought we did a good thing by drafting Obi but reading responses here it looks like im wrong

I did think the kid from Israel seemed like he would have been a good pick too as well as Haliburton

Whats next now?

mafra

Legend
To be fair, Pascal Siakam was drafted at age 22, so Toppin?s age doesn?t bother me.

Don?t love the Obi Toppin pick, but don?t hate it as much as others.

If we get Tyrell Terry or Theo Maledon at 23, I?ll be happier.

Siakum from Africa tho and he was properly
Developed. We don?t develop guys. And Toppin isn?t that good a fit for our roster... or our coach... He can dunk. Wow.