Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 137
  1. #61
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8,003
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingStarbury3 View Post
    Well guys im not the arrogant jerk I once was lol. I thought we did a good thing by drafting Obi but reading responses here it looks like im wrong

    I did think the kid from Israel seemed like he would have been a good pick too as well as Haliburton

    Whats next now?
    Donít sweat it. Mafra hates the pick. I think the rest of us are in wait and see mode.

    Weíre hoping there is some larger plan to address our ball handling issues. Tyrell Terry or Maledon at pick 23 would be good.

  2. #62
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12,097
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Celts should take Nesmith.

  3. #63
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8,003
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Siakum from Africa tho and he was properly
    Developed. We donít develop guys. And Toppin isnít that good a fit for our roster... or our coach... He can dunk. Wow.
    LOL. Maybe heíll turn into Zion.

  4. #64
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12,097
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Celts should take Nesmith.
    Bingo!!!!!

  5. #65
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,463
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingStarbury3 View Post
    Well guys im not the arrogant jerk I once was lol. I thought we did a good thing by drafting Obi but reading responses here it looks like im wrong

    I did think the kid from Israel seemed like he would have been a good pick too as well as Haliburton

    Whats next now?
    I could be wrong. I liked RJ. But I donít see much in a 22 yr-old mid major prospect, who canít create his own shot or play much defense, when we just took the same type of player in Knox 2 years ago. And he plays position of our big free agent signing.

    Obviously, this means Knox and Randle are gone... I think this is as bad as Frank over Mitchell and Knox over anybody else in that draft.

    Heíll be a ROY candidate bc we will
    Feature his offense and heíll shooters 24 shots a game. But he wonít be a winning player that turns this around here.

  6. #66
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12,097
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Cole off the board went earlier than predicted.

  7. #67
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8,003
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Celts should take Nesmith.
    He looked like he was already wearing a green Celtics suit before they picked him

  8. #68
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,463
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    BOS took Edwards or something last year, right? Shooter from Purdue? They got some bench shooters, more shooting than we have in our starting lineup.

  9. #69
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12,097
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Damn Presti has been dealing like a madman. Rubio back to MN and a swap for 17 for 2 picks in the 20s

  10. #70
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8,003
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Cole off the board went earlier than predicted.
    I wonder if Greg Anthony happy to see son go to Orlando? Wouldnít of been my 1st choice.

  11. #71
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8,003
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Damn Presti has been dealing like a madman. Rubio back to MN and a swap for 17 for 2 picks in the 20s
    He has enough picks to field 2 teams

  12. #72
    Veteran KingGoatlikina11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    3,351
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    I could be wrong. I liked RJ. But I don’t see much in a 22 yr-old mid major prospect, who can’t create his own shot or play much defense, when we just took the same type of player in Knox 2 years ago. And he plays position of our big free agent signing.

    Obviously, this means Knox and Randle are gone... I think this is as bad as Frank over Mitchell and Knox over anybody else in that draft.

    He’ll be a ROY candidate bc we will
    Feature his offense and he’ll shooters 24 shots a game. But he won’t be a winning player that turns this around here.
    I actually like Frank as a role player off the bench but I haven't really shared my opinions here in probably a good 6 or 7 years. We should have taken D Mitch of course, but alot of other teams also passed on him

    Knox is a complete bum and i sure hope we trade him. He has horrible instincts on defense so even if he improves his shot i think he'll always still be a liability

    I do still have some belief In RJ but what you said is true. He has a long ways to go

    I admit I don't know much about Obi. I was told on another site back in the summer that he had high potential as a 3 and D guy and with the 8th pick i wasn't expecting a star player

    Were gonna be in the lottery again next year though

    Thats the part thats hard to stomach

  13. #73
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,463
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    For NYK fans who want to get depressed quickly, read this scouting report on Toppin...

    https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2...ect-obi-toppin

    Our own Stingy has an extremely thorough breakdown of Toppin. The offense is legit; the defense is beyond abysmal. He canít really move laterally and has zero awareness defending the pick-and-roll. Also, at 22 years old, heís older than Frank Ntilikina, who is entering his fourth NBA season.

  14. #74
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12,097
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Presti did all this wheeling and dealing for a kid thats 7 ft tall but weighs 190 lbs. If it wasn't Presti Id say he was crazy.

  15. #75
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8,003
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingStarbury3 View Post
    I actually like Frank as a role player off the bench but I haven't really shared my opinions here in probably a good 6 or 7 years. We should have taken D Mitch of course, but alot of other teams also passed on him

    Knox is a complete bum and i sure hope we trade him. He has horrible instincts on defense so even if he improves his shot i think he'll always still be a liability

    I do still have some belief In RJ but what you said is true. He has a long ways to go

    I admit I don't know much about Obi. I was told on another site back in the summer that he had high potential as a 3 and D guy and with the 8th pick i wasn't expecting a star player

    Were gonna be in the lottery again next year though

    Thats the part thats hard to stomach
    I think the 3 and D guy youíre thinking about is probably Vassell.

    Obi Toppin was the college player of the year last season. He is an absolute beast on offense. Scores at the rim and can shoot the 3. Late bloomer. Already 22 years old. Awful on defense.

    I would have rather had Avdija or Haliburton but I donít hate this pick as much as recent picks.

    I agree that Knox is a bum.

    Glad to see you posting on here again.

Similar Threads

  1. 2020 NBA Draft: NYK target a PG
    By mafra in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: Dec 19, 2020, 05:20
  2. The official 2019 NBA Draft thread
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: Jun 22, 2019, 18:00
  3. The 2009 NBA Draft Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: Jul 03, 2009, 10:38
  4. Official NBA Draft 2009 Thread!
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jun 25, 2009, 19:07
  5. 2009 NBA Draft Thread/Overseas International Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: Apr 09, 2009, 15:42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •