How does the Knicks all time team stack up against other teams?

KingCharles34

All Star
Pg-Marbury
Sg-Bernard King
Sf-Carmelo
Pf-willis reed
C-Pat Ewing

Bench-Walt Frazier, Sprewell, Houston, Earl Monroe, Dave Debusschere, Jerry Lucas, Richie Guerin, Camby or Chandler

First off let me apologize for my little joke. Obviously Walt Frazier is the starting point guard and in my opinion to this day hes one of the best and most valuable point guards of all time

Some would argue Marbury doesnt belong on the team. And thats ok lol im not going to assemble an army of Starbury fans and insult people for disagreeing. I would leave him off the team myself because he didnt play with us long enough or have enough success

Anyways, all jokes aside. I think theres a good number of teams that would be better then us, but no team in the east would be able to easily eliminate the Knicks in a best of 7

I think we would out ip a good fight against the Celtics, the Bulls, Miami and whoever else

Just one more thing...the lineup i put together is just an example (minus the Marbury joke)

If you dont think Bernard King shouldnt be slid down to the 2 guard thats fine. Im not looking for a debate about how the lineup should be put together but if you want to comment on that feel free too.

My main question is how we would stack up against other teams

I think we?re pretty middle of the pack as far as all-time starting lineups.

Lakers would be ridiculously good with Magic, Jerry West, Kobe, Kareem, and Shaq, if you let those guys all slide into lineup spots.

Bulls could be kind of nuts if your could add MVP year Derrick Rose and Artis Gilmore at Center to Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, and Kukoc or Rodman.

Celtics would obviously been insane if you added Bob Cousy, Paul Pierce, and Bill Russell to Bird and McHale.

76ers could have Moses Malone, Dr. J, Barkley, Iverson, and anybody else and that is pretty insane.

As far as all-time Knicks starting 5, I think you have to go:

Walt Frazier, Earl Monroe, Willis Reed, and Patrick Ewing.

Only real debate for me is Bernard King vs Carmelo Anthony. Both had really similar numbers over their careers with Melo having more longevity. King was a more efficient scorer, but Melo had the better range. Both were not great on defense.

I will say this, if you actually want to win games, give me a frontcourt of Ewing, Camby, and Oakley. Or swap in Chandler for Camby. Teams wouldn?t be able to score within 12 feet of the hoop and boards would be ours on both ends.

KingCharles34

All Star
I pretty much agree with alot of what you said htr10. The Bulls would be very tough defensively with MJ, pippen, rodman and Gilmore

The reason why i thought of this is its been a while since i have used a current Knicks team on a 2k game. I pretty much just like to experiment with the all time teams

If the Magic put Dwight at the PF they would be really tough with him next to Shaq and also having TMac and Penny

I like your idea of Earl Monroe at SG. From my experiences at least on 2k, as long as we have walt frazier starting and healthy he is arguably the most valuable Knick of all time because he really didnt have any weaknesses. I mean you could argue Ewing too, and i seem to do better against Bill Russell using Ewing then i do with a center that doesnt have the nice mid range shot even including Shaq

I hate to admit it, but had Wristflaps Porzingis stuck around and had a somewhat healthy career with us he could have improved our all time team

mafra

Legend
Walt is not sitting on the bench. How
Many rings does Starbury have? Anybody that had that Game 7 Walt had is a starter in my book.

tiger0330

Legend
Kiya should chime in on this being a long time Knicks fan and resident historian. I'm not a fan of making these comparisons because the game has changed dramatically and players emphasize different skill sets now then they did in the Knicks best years. Not sure a guy like Oak could cut it in the league today.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya should chime in on this being a long time Knicks fan and resident historian. I'm not a fan of making these comparisons because the game has changed dramatically and players emphasize different skill sets now then they did in the Knicks best years. Not sure a guy like Oak could cut it in the league today.

Thanks Tiger .... When was the last time the Knicks had a 60-22 regular season?
In 1969-70 season.
All the players (the past 50 seasons) the Knicks added to the Knicks team roster after the Knicks 1970-71 Championship team could-not replace any of coach Holzman's winning championship rotation of Team-Ball players.
Coach Red Holzman would've traded/cut or waive the so-call star players like Marbury/Carmelo/and Oakley's individual-performance within a half a season as a Knicks.

In the past 50 Knicks season the closes the Knicks came to having a same-page
guard tandem to run the show like Monroe & Clyde were in the 1980-81 season of Ray Richardson & Ray Williams.
And the best SF the Knicks had to compare to Dave DeBusschere were Bernard King & Sprewell.
And the best PF the Knicks had to compare to Bill Bradley & Phil Jackson were Anthony Mason & Toby Knight.
And at center the only Knick that came close to being a winning Willis Reed were Bill Cartwright's double-double stat (10-20) since rookie season.