Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 72
  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,873
    Rep Power
    21

    Default NBA Restart: Are you watching??! Let’s discuss!!!

    I know our beloved aren’t participating but I’m still watching. Watching “Lebitch” and the Lakeshow getting shot out by the Craptors Saturday night was classic. James Harden and the Rox are amazing. Damphony May finally have a chance. I think this is anyone’s Chip for the taking like the 98’ strike shortened season in which we made the finals and eventually succumbed to the Timmy and the Spurs. Any other NBA observations if you are still watching.

  2. #2
    12th man mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,110
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Michael Porter with 37-12. Drafting Knox over a sliding MP almost as foolish as trading KP

  3. #3
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12,400
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Very impressed with how the NBA is handling the virus. The video board is a gas, hooked up to the NBA app and your phone camera I'm guessing because I haven't used it or downloded the app.

    The players and the NBA also used the downtime to make a statement on racial justice, unprecedented where a whole league including players, coaches and league office addressing racism in this country. Original idea to put phrases like Black Lives Matter, Justice, Enough, Equality on the back of players jerseys.

    Really enjoying watching that Rockets team, its like watching David and Goliath, with them getting killed on the boards by 25 rbs but still managing to beat the Bucks and Giannis. I would have thought D'Antoni would have found some minutes for Tyson Chandler against Lopez but he didn't play at all.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,873
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Michael Porter with 37-12. Drafting Knox over a sliding MP almost as foolish as trading KP
    Mikejr another 30/15 us Mizzou fans dreaming “what if” he played more than 2 minutes and 1 tourney game hurt 😞

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,873
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Very impressed with how the NBA is handling the virus. The video board is a gas, hooked up to the NBA app and your phone camera I'm guessing because I haven't used it or downloded the app.

    The players and the NBA also used the downtime to make a statement on racial justice, unprecedented where a whole league including players, coaches and league office addressing racism in this country. Original idea to put phrases like Black Lives Matter, Justice, Enough, Equality on the back of players jerseys.

    Really enjoying watching that Rockets team, its like watching David and Goliath, with them getting killed on the boards by 25 rbs but still managing to beat the Bucks and Giannis. I would have thought D'Antoni would have found some minutes for Tyson Chandler against Lopez but he didn't play at all.
    Me2. Amazing the predominantly “black league full of tattooed thugs”are handling their business better than most states and the White House. I’m waiting for Trump tweet some more of his “black son-of-bitches” bull**** about our league the association. NBA games all afternoon and evening like the NCAA tournament I love it. Seems all the teams in the bubble are playing hard figuring it’s anyone’s championship to be had. I’m loving it like the old McDonalds commercial. Too bad our Knicks were too garbage to attend. We got run over by the tank
    Last edited by jimkcchief88; Aug 06, 2020 at 07:43.

  6. #6
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12,400
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    Me2. Amazing the predominantly “black league full of tattooed thugs” are handling their business better than most states and the White House. I’m waiting for Trump tweet some more of his “black son-of-bitch” bull**** about our league the association. NBA games all afternoon and evening like the NCAA tournament I love it. Seems all the teams in the bubble are playing hard figuring it’s anyone’s championship to be had.
    F##uck Trump. He's a frigging nut job, tweeted he was going to throw out the 1st pitch at Yankee Stadium but he had to recant because it was news to the Yankees because they didn't even invite him. Seems he was jealous that his covid-19 guy Dr. Fauci threw out the first pitch for the Nats and he didn't want to be upstaged by him.

    Starting with that BS that he turns off the games when the players kneel for the anthem but Lebron tweeted good riddance we don't care that you don't watch. Good for Lebron.

  7. #7
    Superstar Dark Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    Me2. Amazing the predominantly “black league full of tattooed thugs”are handling their business better than most states and the White House. I’m waiting for Trump tweet some more of his “black son-of-bitches” bull**** about our league the association. NBA games all afternoon and evening like the NCAA tournament I love it. Seems all the teams in the bubble are playing hard figuring it’s anyone’s championship to be had. I’m loving it like the old McDonalds commercial. Too bad our Knicks were too garbage to attend. We got run over by the tank
    "Black league full of tattooed Thugs" Seriously!!
    Do you know what you sound like??? Why do you feel embolden to say that and feel nothing?? Are blacks that handle their business so far out of reality? Is it because you/other view them as being incompetent? I know you mention the states and the White House as maybe a cover for your remarks. Your statement is closely mirror those of something said by the 'guy in the White House'(hate saying that). In this society we know there are all kinds of problems but you just bought those problems into this forum. Why?? You language and choice of words are most disturbing. You can't joke this off.

  8. #8
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12,400
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Raider View Post
    "Black league full of tattooed Thugs" Seriously!!
    Do you know what you sound like??? Why do you feel embolden to say that and feel nothing?? Are blacks that handle their business so far out of reality? Is it because you/other view them as being incompetent? I know you mention the states and the White House as maybe a cover for your remarks. Your statement is closely mirror those of something said by the 'guy in the White House'(hate saying that). In this society we know there are all kinds of problems but you just bought those problems into this forum. Why?? You language and choice of words are most disturbing. You can't joke this off.
    No worse than he POTUS calling African countries “
    S##thole” countries in a cabinet meeting along with NFL players kneeling during the Anthem “son of a bitches”. Social niceties and protocol have been thrown out the window when millions of Americans hear Trump utter racist comments or demean war heroes on Twitter etc. and shrug it off as “That’s Trump being Trump”.

    You’re probably right about keeping politics out of a Knicks forum and we have other forums here for discussions like this but we’re such a small community of users we use the Knicks forum for everything.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Aug 06, 2020 at 15:33.

  9. #9
    Superstar Dark Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    No worse than he POTUS calling African countries “
    S##thole” countries in a cabinet meeting along with NFL players kneeling during the Anthem “son of a bitches”. Social niceties and protocol have been thrown out the window when millions of Americans hear Trump utter racist comments or demean war heroes on Twitter etc. and shrug it off as “That’s Trump being Trump”.

    You’re probably right about keeping politics out of a Knicks forum and we have other forums here for discussions like this but we’re such a small community of users we use the Knicks forum for everything.
    That was 'Totally uncalled for" by Jim.
    He knew what he was doing and thought it OK. Well it isn't with me. Why "Black League"... Why 'Thugs' which is the most troubling of his wording.

    Because other standards have drop below ground level it is no reason for this forum to condone or listen too that talk. It in his mind and heart. Nothing Good!!


  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8,719
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Chief puts those offensive comments in quotation marks. He was mocking the people who would say those things about the NBA. Please do not think Chief was actually saying those statements.

  11. #11
    Superstar Dark Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    I have use quotation marks but someone else said it before me or stated where it came from in the same post or thread.

    Didn't see it being used anywhere else and it was said somewhere maybe showing the link would removed the bitter taste. We all make mistakes thinking someone may have seen the same thing or heard the same thing. If that the case then lets clear it up with the link.

  12. #12
    12th man mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,110
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    When I perused the post, I read Chief’s words as quoting what he was saying was the prevalent knock on NBA players by racists and insensitive jerks. The stereotype. I didn’t take it as him making a backhanded compliment or being racist.

    Yesterday was the 156th anniversary of my thrice great grandfather, who fought for Union 1861-1865, who went on furlough and got married in NJ on 08-07-1864. After that, he rejoined the Army of the Potomac and ran Gen Lee down.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,873
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Chief puts those offensive comments in quotation marks. He was mocking the people who would say those things about the NBA. Please do not think Chief was actually saying those statements.
    Thanks you Htr10. Dumb Raider strikes again and that ain’t in quotes. I thought he was on my ignore list. Anyway the prohibitive favorite Lakers looking suspect and I hope the Blazers and “Skinny Melo” the Lakeshow in the first round. Can’t believe Dame missed two big free throws down the stretch yesterday. I thought it was always Dame time. I missed the Bucks/Mavs last night maybe I can catch a replay. My “Covid Cardinals” can’t get on the field so the NBA is saving me right now and it’s fantastic like that old commercial.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,873
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    When I perused the post, I read Chief’s words as quoting what he was saying was the prevalent knock on NBA players by racists and insensitive jerks. The stereotype. I didn’t take it as him making a backhanded compliment or being racist.

    Yesterday was the 156th anniversary of my thrice great grandfather, who fought for Union 1861-1865, who went on furlough and got married in NJ on 08-07-1864. After that, he rejoined the Army of the Potomac and ran Gen Lee down.
    Thanks Maf and cool 😎 story! My mother’s family is from Georgia and her maiden name is Sherman as in General Sherman. It’s 2020 and the NBA is showing out with BLM on the court and jerseys. I’m having a little trouble identifying some of the players because of the slogans but that’s ok. I’m trying to figure out how to get on as a virtual fan. Anybody know how it’s done??!!

  15. #15
    12th man mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,110
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    Thanks Maf and cool 😎 story! My mother’s family is from Georgia and her maiden name is Sherman as in General Sherman. It’s 2020 and the NBA is showing out with BLM on the court and jerseys. I’m having a little trouble identifying some of the players because of the slogans but that’s ok. I’m trying to figure out how to get on as a virtual fan. Anybody know how it’s done??!!
    Wow. Crazy, right! My ancestor from NY and fought for NJ 7th... in VA only.... Gettysburg... he was captured at second Battle of Bull Run in 1862... fortunately, they were still gentleman agreements then with prisoner exchanges....

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Nov 03, 2013, 16:32
  2. The most important thing we need to discuss
    By RunningJumper in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2011, 18:19
  3. Who's going to be watching the NBA Draft Lottery?
    By AmareForPresident in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: May 18, 2011, 17:16
  4. Let's discuss available coaches
    By RunningJumper in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: Feb 12, 2011, 11:16
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 07, 2004, 14:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •