2020-2021 NY Knicks

tiger0330

Legend
Most critical game of the remaining schedule tonight for MIA BOS HAWKS and us for playoff positions with only one game separating us from ATL and MIA. ATL has only 3 games left with the easiest schedule, need a Wiz win tonight against the Hawks and Boston to beat MIA. Boys played a clutch game against the Clips and must repeat that tonight against the Lakers, lot of guys made key shots against the Clips for a total team win, need the same tonight.

tiger0330

Legend
No help from Boston, still have a qtr left but I’m calling it for the Heat after they pull ahead by 14 with one qtr to play. Celts could not take advantage of the Heat losing Butler to an eye injury for the second half.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Heat should lose at least one with either Mil or Phi. Atlanta needs to drop the second game against Was. We are not allowed to lose any of the last three. The question here is who's getting the home court advantage? NY or ATL?

mafra

Legend
In theory, we should win out and secure home court. Even if ATL wins out, all we need is for MIA to drop 1...

If we are tied with just ATL, we are the 4 seed

Kiyaman

Legend
The Play-In has invited Westbrook & Beal Wizards to the NBA playoffs ..
The Wizards are on a 13-4 run tuning up for the Play-in.

The Mavs Curry & Green are happy for the Play-in while battling hard the remaining games against Ja Morrant's Grizz for the 8th seed.

mafra

Legend
Brutal for NYK....

ATL beats WAS by 1 point on Mon and are up 117-116 with 13 seconds left. Back 2 back close wins by a possession, against a Wash team without Beal.

Knicks won season series but bc of some stupid rule, they?ll be the 4-5 seed if we finish in a 3 way tie with MiA.

Celtics lost. Knicks clinch playoffs for 1st time in 8 years.

Say what you want, the fact we had a better season than Boston is something worth celebrating too.

mafra

Legend
And LeBron sat again. HOU took 1 point lead in final seconds but lost.

We need to win out and hope MIA drops a game.

I?m still pumped. If you told me at the start of the season we?d lock up a top 6 seed in the East and a better record than the Celtics, I?d have said you were being overly optimistic.

It would be nice to get the 4 seed though.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Congrats to Julius Randle on a well deserved award, he carried this team on his back when nobody gave them a chance. These next four games are going to be crucial, Atlanta, Miami and Boston all have easier schedules and any wrong step might drop us to 5, 6 or even the play-in tournament (i'd be really surprised if that would actually happen)

This should have its own thread!

Kiyaman

Legend
I?m still pumped. If you told me at the start of the season we?d lock up a top 6 seed in the East and a better record than the Celtics, I?d have said you were being overly optimistic.

It would be nice to get the 4 seed though.

It would be nice to get the Knicks vs Hawks in the first-round of playoff !!!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Miami stuns Philly and i'm starting to accept the fact that we're only gonna be a 6th seed. No way the Hawks are gonna lose their last game to the Rockets. But the Bucks are now able to chose who they want in round 1. NY or MIA

mafra

Legend
If the Bucks are men, having lost in the 2020 EC semi-finals to the Heat, who then went on to reach the NBA Finals... I would be out for blood Saturday night. Wouldn?t you?

I doubt they are 1000%, in all-out mode to grab the 2 seed... They are only 1 game behind Nets. But, fact is Bklyn plays that day and MIL will know result before they take the floor.

Good news is MIL owns the tiebreaker, so W or L, MIL needs to win at home vs MIA on Sat night if they want to be the 2 seed.

1. They should be out for blood and revenge.

2. They still have something meaning to play for

You may say, they don?t want to go all out and then have to play them in playoffs next week. Screw that.

They can?t lay down and gift the easy 4-5 matchup vs NYK or ATL. Not to the team that sent you home.

You ruin their season and take the 4-5 from them. Then send them into the off-season next week.

None of this matters if we don?t beat CHA and BOS.

ATL hosts HOU in Sun. They have 1 game left. After MIL, MIA goes to DET on Sunday

mafra

Legend
Only 7/30 teams have 40 or more wins. Of the other 23 teams, only MIA and NYK can reach then 40 win plateau.

Think about that, we are a top 1/3 team! That?s how you build a foundation.

mafra

Legend
Per Kenny Albert: RJ is the only player in the Eastern conference to start all of his team?s games this season

mafra

Legend
Isn?t it lovely? It?s May 16th and we ain?t focused on ping pongs! Win today, and we finish 41-31... ten over .500... 4th seed...
If this were a regular 82 game season, we still would have a winning record!

Now we reap what we sow... We get ATL, home court, and we made playoffs. We have a legit shot to win a round.... and if we get to second round and get to battle PHI... wow!!!!

Work to do though...

tiger0330

Legend
Boston really has nothing to play for today having locked up that 7 seed. I hope Stevens rests guys like Tatum and Kemba today which will give us a better chance to clinch that 4th spot. Sweet home court, favorable matchup in the first round and avoiding that playin. Best thing about this season is we may finally have a group of guys we bring back next season instead of having that revolving door we’ve had for years.