Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Veteran

Knicks game against Spurs has reportedly been postponed due to multiple COVID positives on the Spurs.
    Last edited by htr10; Feb 16, 2021 at 16:24.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    What a pickup D-Rose has been, simply for the fact that heís invested in developing the kids and establishing a winning culture. A total 180 turnaround from his first time here, when perhaps Melo and KP had him envisioning a title run, only to find out Melo at odds with front office, KP wants to party, and team had no leadership from coaching.

Rose and MRob injury a true blessing for Obi. I hope he runs with it and makes me look foolish!!!
    Drose is still title hunting and sounds like he has gotten his idiot brother out of his life who messed him up here in Chicago. Drose has made plenty of $$$ thru his career and has matured greatly!!! Dusted off my Knicks Drose jersey and tees ready for duty!!!

12th man

The Knicks 2nd unit has a dynamic trio of guards (Rose Quickley Burks), their clicking together plus having offensive-scoring burst at times that's been outscoring the majority of their Knicks opponent since the arrival of Rose.
    I have to take my hat off to Bullock & Noel 2-way hustle performance in the Knicks last 3 games.
    Randle had an ALL-Star performance in all 3 of the Knicks last games.
    Obi Toppin performance has been looking brighter, and Thibs been rewarding him with more playing-time.

NYK looking into a deal for Andre Drummond. Frank and a second rounder type swap

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    NYK looking into a deal for Andre Drummond. Frank and a second rounder type swap
    Iím on the fence. Drummond is impressive statistically but not entirely sure he will help us win games. Also depends on how long MRob will be out. If MRob is back in a month, seeing him forced to the bench is going to be a tough pill for fans to swallow.

On the flip side, Thibs is never going to play Ntilikina so getting someone he would play would be nice.

Veteran

Iíll say this much, any window to trade for Zach LaVine is long gone. He dropped another 35 tonight. No way Chicago is trading him now, if they ever were even considering trading him.

Heís a free agent after next season, so if CHI feels like they canít or wonít sign him to another deal, the time to trade him is during the offseason (to get most value). To trade him next deadline, he would be a rental and not being you as nice of a return....

Now, if theyíve already reached the conclusion that he wonít be part of their 2022-2023 roster, then the time to strike is now...

I mean, the flip side of the coin... when will has value be any higher?

But, of course, if they want to keep him and will max him out... then heís borderline untouchable.

How about Monk lately? Frank? Imagine if he scored 29!

Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau said on Thursday that the team will continue to focus on developing Obi Toppin as a power forward.
    With Mitchell Robinson (hand) sidelined, it was mentioned last week that Toppin could be used in a manner similar to how he was at Dayton. But the rookie, who has struggled to earn consistent rotation minutes, won't be used at the center position anytime soon based upon Thibodeau's comments. "Heís still a work in progress," Thibodeau said. "I think heís learning the league. I think Julius (Randle) has played more center than he has, so when heís played with Julius heís been more of the power forward. Him learning one position right now is probably better in terms of his overall development and growth. At some point we will get a look at that as well." Toppin's fantasy value remains unchanged as a result, with there being no reason to roster him in most leagues.

Possible NYK targets/deals that are realistic for Thibbs:

Andre Drummond: Mount Vernon native, age fits our roster timeline, and would fit well with Randle. With Mitch and Obi, this would be a move to sacrifice winning now over development. And, this almost makes trading MRob an inevitable outcome. I would pass. We need shooting more than rebounding/interior toughness.

JJ Redick: Could possibly represent the best 3-point option available (on the cheap). He has mentioned he wants Knicks or Nets, if released. If released, or if comes at price of Austin Rivers... then Iím all for it. Otherwise, his best days behind him.

Kyle Lowry: Impending free agent on the block. A massive upgrade over EP. he probably prefers a contender.... and the time for this trade was when we had Melo, but Dolan vetoed it.

Lonzo Ball: I think this could be a good deal, if limited to Knox-Knits package. I am intrigued but not willing to part with major assets for LB.

Oladipo or Wall: Wall makes too much, both are damaged goods. But Knox for Oladipo is interesting, no?

McCullum or Fornier? Sleeper SG snipers that would help and may not cost as much as the next group:

Booker, KAT, Zach Lavine or Bradley Beal: The present ďpie in the skyĒ dream. More likely, a deal like this made during Summer. Longest of long shots, and TBH.... probably costs you RJ and/or Mitch.

Would Beal, Randle, Drummond do much to move the needle in the EC?

Kevin Love, John Collins, KP: Donít even mentioned brining in another PF!
    Last edited by mafra; Feb 25, 2021 at 15:37.

I would trade MRob its year 3 what you see is what you get. We should trade for Drummond or another big to pair with Randle if we want to win NOW. Frank and Knox are both good trade assets and can both be rotational players in this league. With the trade picks we have and the 10 man rotation that Thibs runs we have some valuable trade assets and hopefully are buyers before the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by welcometonycity View Post
    I would trade MRob its year 3 what you see is what you get. We should trade for Drummond.
    You lost me there. Which team has ever won anything with Mr. empty stats on the roster?
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    Kurt Vonnegut

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by welcometonycity View Post
    I would trade MRob its year 3 what you see is what you get. We should trade for Drummond or another big to pair with Randle if we want to win NOW. Frank and Knox are both good trade assets and can both be rotational players in this league. With the trade picks we have and the 10 man rotation that Thibs runs we have some valuable trade assets and hopefully are buyers before the deadline.
    Drummond hasn't been in Cleveland long enough to get his voting papers.
    Asking to be traded to the next NBA team, after just a month or two on the Cavs, says something BIG bout Drummond and his agent decision making.
    Drummonds trade worth to the next NBA team today should be two 2nd round picks, nothing more!

Could the Knicks use Drummond in their rotation? Yes!
    Has the Knicks been a mismanagement team for over a decade? Yes!
    Did KP ask to be traded on the Knicks? Yes!
    Will Drummond ask for a trade when the Knicks go through one of their long losing slumps? Yes!

MitchRob is a Knicks KEEEPER !!!

RJís development from rookie year to sophomore campaign (remember, he is still only 20!)

Barrettís 34.5% three-point shooting clip on the year, though improved, doesnít quite tell the whole story. Take out five December games, and RJís shooting 40% from three in his last 30 outings. If youíre wondering which way thatís trending, heís up to 51.7% from range since the Derrick Rose trade.

This newfound stroke has carried over to the free throw line, where Barrett is making 72.9% of those. Heís become efficient enough to open things up for his driving game or remain effective offensively when itís not there. In recent games, itís allowed him to take on more of a scoring role, especially with Elfrid Payton out. Barrettís already eclipsed his 20-point game total from last year despite shooting only one extra shot a night.

RJ makes rising starts game. IQ doesnít get picked (Halliburton was selected).

Veteran

Quickley averages almost as many points per game as Haliburton and he plays 12 less minutes a game. Haliburton getting his numbers on a 13 - 21 team while Quickley has played a meaningful role on a 0.500 team. Same old ****.