mafra

Legend
Ball or Dunn
Beal
RJ
Randle
Jackson

Does this do anything for the fan base?

I trade IQ and Mitch and picks for Beal. Deal a pick and Knox for Jax, sign RFA Ball or Dunn

Rose
RB
Obi
Noel

Our bench?.

Ball or Dunn
Beal
RJ
Randle
Jackson

Does this do anything for the fan base?

I trade IQ and Mitch and picks for Beal. Deal a pick and Knox for Jax, sign RFA Ball or Dunn

Rose
RB
Obi
Noel

Our bench?.

That?s a better team. Ironically though, we?d still probably end up the 4th seed in the East. I don?t think that lineup puts us into the elite teams mix.

Quickley and MRob are so cheap and have so much upside. We?d only be getting one year of Beal and then he could decline his player option.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Knicks have RJ, MRob, Obi, IQ, and Knox. These are our 5 young assets. We also have 4 picks in top 58 this year (3 of top 33). We have future picks as well?.

I think the goal is to make a deal for a DL, Beal, DM and not pull a Melo trade?. Meaning we keep 3/5 young players?.

Or, do you trade all 5 if that means 2 stars? Or do you trade Randle? This is a fluid situation.

Kiyaman

Legend
Good find JR is definitely worth those $$$$

I was talking to an ole friend who's a Heats fan, he said the Hawks reveal Randle's number (Game-Plan), and exploited it throughout the Knicks vs Hawks series for a 4-1 series, the reason why Randle couldn't average 20 pts and 10 rbs.
I told him Randle's allstar season plus getting the MIP award makes Randle's trade value high enough to trade him for a allstar who want to leave their team in the offseason.
He told me, Randle's trade value went down each postseason game he played, and doubt that any NBA team would swap their allstar for Randle.
When I mention Dame Lillard, he laugh and said "maybe Randle & Barrett for McCollum". .
I wish I knew bout the 23M per extension to butter up the trade.
But when he said, "McCollum" .. I almost drop to the floor. I wouldn't trade bad decision making Barrett for McCollum straight up.

mafra

Legend
Randle has flaws and all, but I don?t want to hear from Hawks fans. Swap Young and Randle and Hawks still win.

Randle has no help in playoffs. We saw the caliber player he can be if surrounded by shooting - that was obvious in the regular season.

Not saying I would offer him the max or refuse to trade? but even Westbrook and KD couldn?t get over the hump. It takes a TEAM.

With that said, I think it?s possible PHO thinks their team is ready and may feel it is better served to spread 100 mil around, thus refusing to pay CP3 the 3/100 deal he covets.

With our season and fans returning, I can see Rose going all in on Paul.

Would Paul, Beal, Randle and RJ do anything for people?

I don?t want Paul, but I can?t ignore the clear path that could be open for it to occur

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks have RJ, MRob, Obi, IQ, and Knox. These are our 5 young assets. We also have 4 picks in top 58 this year (3 of top 33). We have future picks as well….

I think the goal is to make a deal for a DL, Beal, DM and not pull a Melo trade…. Meaning we keep 3/5 young players….

Or, do you trade all 5 if that means 2 stars? Or do you trade Randle? This is a fluid situation.

First thing first ..
1) What Knicks position were strong every game during the Knicks vs Hawks series?
2) What Knicks position were weak every game during the Knicks vs Hawks series?
3) What Players on our roster belong in next season starter lineup?
4) What Player on our roster has the talent to be a our 6th Man?

We have a roster of ....
PG-Randle, Payton, Quickley, D.Rose, Frank
SG-Barrett, Burks, Quickley, D.Rose, Frank
SF-Bullock, Knox, Randle
PF-Obi, Taj
C--MitchRob, Noel, Pelle
Who needs to be replace? And by who?
We also need an assistant head-coach .. Thibs postseason coaching were the PITS,

Kiyaman

Legend
Randle has flaws and all, but I don’t want to hear from Hawks fans. Swap Young and Randle and Hawks still win.

Randle has no help in playoffs. We saw the caliber player he can be if surrounded by shooting - that was obvious in the regular season.

Not saying I would offer him the max or refuse to trade… but even Westbrook and KD couldn’t get over the hump. It takes a TEAM.

With that said, I think it’s possible PHO thinks their team is ready and may feel it is better served to spread 100 mil around, thus refusing to pay CP3 the 3/100 deal he covets.

With our season and fans returning, I can see Rose going all in on Paul.

Would Paul, Beal, Randle and RJ do anything for people?

I don’t want Paul, but I can’t ignore the clear path that could be open for it to occur

Let me see .. Randle's playoff performance was almost as awful as Thibs coaching/substitution in the playoffs. Randle average 29% FG shooting throughout the 5 games, and kept shooting every chance he got. Plus Hero-Randle average his 5 turn-overs each playoff game.

The help! The help was the Knicks 2nd unit bench players who scored 55 pts off the bench in GAME-2 win (D.Rose, Burks, Quickley, Obi, and Taj).
Sorry to say, the head coach Thibs destroyed the help by taking veteran star D.Rose & Taj out of the 2nd unit lineup, and putting both veterans in the starter lineup alongside Randle.
Which resulted in 3 consecutive Knicks losses to end the Knicks presence in the playoffs.
That should give Knicks fans a hint or clue on what happens when u put a star-player in the same lineup with Randle type of performance.
In the playoffs D.Rose average 20 pts on 47% shooting whenever he could keep the ball out of Randle hands.
And Burks average 14 pts on 42% shooting ..
And our bad decision-making 3rd pick Barrett average 14 pts on 38% shooting.

Chris Paul represent Team-Ball on offense/defense for 48 minute per game.
Randle like ex-Knicks Melo represent individual ISO-Ball, and no PF to help the center down-low !!!

mafra

Legend
If Lillard isn?t available, the Knicks will pursue other options to upgrade their backcourt this summer, and Ian Begley of SNY.TV hears that Derrick Rose?s performance after being acquired from the Pistons will affect their strategy. If they can re-sign Rose, the Knicks will be less likely to spend big on another veteran point guard and may turn to restricted free agents such as Devonte? Graham, Lonzo Ball or Kendrick Nunn. New York talked to the Pelicans about a possible Ball trade before the March deadline, but there?s not a consensus on him among the front office, according to Begley.
With their playoff run over, Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau met with newly signed guard Luca Vildoza on Thursday and watched him in a workout, writes Marc Berman of The New York Post. Former Knicks guard and current Timberwolves assistant coach Pablo Prigioni believes his fellow Argentinian has a bright NBA future. ?(Vildoza is) really, really good,?? Prigioni said. ?I really like him. Very talented, got a great shot and knows how to pass. I?m really excited to see Luca next season with the Knicks. Tom?s going to like him.??

Kiyaman

Legend
If Lillard isn’t available, the Knicks will pursue other options to upgrade their backcourt this summer, and Ian Begley of SNY.TV hears that Derrick Rose‘s performance after being acquired from the Pistons will affect their strategy. If they can re-sign Rose, the Knicks will be less likely to spend big on another veteran point guard and may turn to restricted free agents such as Devonte’ Graham, Lonzo Ball or Kendrick Nunn. New York talked to the Pelicans about a possible Ball trade before the March deadline, but there’s not a consensus on him among the front office, according to Begley.
With their playoff run over, Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau met with newly signed guard Luca Vildoza on Thursday and watched him in a workout, writes Marc Berman of The New York Post. Former Knicks guard and current Timberwolves assistant coach Pablo Prigioni believes his fellow Argentinian has a bright NBA future. “(Vildoza is) really, really good,’’ Prigioni said. “I really like him. Very talented, got a great shot and knows how to pass. I’m really excited to see Luca next season with the Knicks. Tom’s going to like him.’’

Whatever, the Knicks FO do to replace PG-Payton in the starter lineup .. The new PG have to have the skills & talent to take the ball out of Randle's hands .. Randle leading the point for 40 minutes a game are old, and are not gonna work out good in 3 season in a row .. Randle lead the point our last 5 games to have the Team-average 39% FG shooting, and 33% from 3-Ball shooting in the postseason games. Not good to stay a .500 team next season.
Our biggest problem next season will be to get Randle to perform at the PF position when our opponents have dynamic 7 foot center like .. Embiid, Giannis, DeAndre Jordon, Capella, KAT, Ayton, Valanciunas, Jokic, and Mr. Gobert.

Combo-Guard D.Rose & C/F-Taj Gibson should be keepers to mentor chemistry in our 2nd season tandem Obi & Quickley to perform in the Knicks 2nd unit bench lineup .. The goal are to outscore 75% of their opponents during the 2021-22 season.

Early Vegas odds have us as the favorites to trade for Lillard. ?Screwing with Knicks fans? season has officially opened.

mafra

Legend
Oubre and NYK with mutual interest?.

NYP

? One free agent on their radar is Warriors small forward Kelly Oubre, the 25-year-old out of Kansas. Oubre?s ?3-and-D? image took a hit early this season when he got off to a treacherous start and missed 28 of his first 30 3-pointers for his new club.

He got much better, but that beginning dragged down his 3-point percentage for the season, winding up at 31.6 percent. Oubre is an athletic 6-foot-7 slasher with a 7-3 wingspan, right in general manager Scott Perry?s mold. He is known as a solid defender who can hit the 3.?

I don?t how I feel about Oubre. The best he has ever shot from 3 point range is 35%. Most seasons he?s been closer to 30%, which is awful. He seems to get injured a lot. Is his defense that good? I?m not sure.

He?s coming off a season where he made 14 million. He seems dramatically overvalued for what he?s done in his career so far.

tiger0330

Legend
I don’t how I feel about Oubre. The best he has ever shot from 3 point range is 35%. Most seasons he’s been closer to 30%, which is awful. He seems to get injured a lot. Is his defense that good? I’m not sure.

He’s coming off a season where he made 14 million. He seems dramatically overvalued for what he’s done in his career so far.

I don’t want Oubre at all unless it’s to replace RB and is like 5-10 mil for 2-3 years.
I’d make a better effort to retain Bull and Burks than to sign Oubre. This front office has proven to be better than to sign Oubre to a multi year deal.

Randle finishes 8th in MVP voting.

Derrick Rose finishes 9th because he got 1 first placed vote for MVP. Weird.

LOL. Knicks had 2 guys finish above any of the Brooklyn players.

mafra

Legend
We would be much better if we selected Donovan Mitchell and Mikhal Bridges instead of Knits and Knox. But that?s obvious.

We would be much better if we selected Donovan Mitchell and Mikhal Bridges instead of Knits and Knox. But that?s obvious.

I try not to think about it. Knicks and Mavs both blew it passing on Mitchell. That Knox pick, brutal. Like almost every guy picked after him would be more useful. MPJ would have been my guy in hindsight. I always try to defend Knicks picks, but the people who hated the Knox pick could not have been more right.

jimkcchief88

All Star

Those two whiff picks really screwed us. What was ?Fail-Jackson? thinking? I wanted to literally throw up watch DM drop 45 on the Clippers last night. We could have grabbed Mikejr too. I know ?protect ur picks Isiah? hasn?t posted for a while. I might change my sig to ?trade our picks because we can?t evaluate talent.? Hopefully our new GM is better in that regard. These playoffs showed we have to go get a real live PG to take the weight off Drose and another established scorer. JR is a third option not a go to guy. And we need a ?European? knockdown shooter. I?m sick of guys spending more time getting their hair braided(Bullock) than shooting. And check my history that?s a total paradym shift for me.