2020-2021 NY Knicks

mafra

Legend
4-3 is the best start after 7 games since 2012, when team was 6-1.

Randle is averaging more points than Booker a game, more rebounds than AD, and more assists than Doncic.

His name is Julius.

pat

Starter
Randle and Barrett are No 1 and No. 2 in minutes per game. This is not good. Especially considering that Barrett is still growing and Randle has a history of severe injuries.

mafra

Legend
As Isola said, ?The minutes-police crowd need to calm down.?

It?s basketball, not a blood sport. It wasn?t a back-2-back... RJ is 20 and had 9 months off. People wanted Randle traded but now are worried he may burn out 10 games into the season?

Randle is our best player. If we want to win, he needs to play. Thibbs trying to establish a culture. Burn them all out, if you must, and get above .500

Knicks suck for 2 decades. We have our best start in 8 years, and some are focused on minutes?

pat

Starter
As Isola said, “The minutes-police crowd need to calm down.”

It’s basketball, not a blood sport. It wasn’t a back-2-back... RJ is 20 and had 9 months off. People wanted Randle traded but now are worried he may burn out 10 games into the season?

Randle is our best player. If we want to win, he needs to play. Thibbs trying to establish a culture. Burn them all out, if you must, and get above .500

Knicks suck for 2 decades. We have our best start in 8 years, and some are focused on minutes?

And then what? We miss out on a great draft just to see a pile of rubble after a couple of mid-tier players barely took us to the playoffs. My point is presicely that Barrett is 20 and those 9 months does not take away from the stress baskeball is putting on your joints. The schedule is incredibly tight and all over the globe you see injuries piling up in pro sports.

mafra

Legend
And, scientifically, we have mountains of evidence that playing 41 minutes is detrimental to his development, as opposed to 34 minutes?

Point is, it?s early and we have injuries.... It?s not like this is year 3 of RJ playing 40 minutes a game. Just enjoy the wins...

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Great news, Randle is getting worked out intensly and he needs to save his energy for later. Gibson's a perfect backup

mafra

Legend
Pelicans listening to offers for Lonzo. One PELs fan site suggested Knox-Rivers and DAL 1st.

NYK interested in D-Rose as well.

It?s interesting. We finally have a young guard emerging, so why the interest in trading for a guard now? I don?t object if it upgrades the roster, but timing seems strange.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Pelicans listening to offers for Lonzo. One PELs fan site suggested Knox-Rivers and DAL 1st.

NYK interested in D-Rose as well.

I would rather do Elfrid and DAL 1st for Lonzo.

Elfrid has similar stats to lonzos but is shooting better percentages. I think this would be a fair deal for both sides.

mafra

Legend
Yeah, but I?m not in love with it. It?s a great draft and that DAL pick could be a top 10-15 selection.

Lonzo and RJ as a pair would create spacing nightmares, with their shooting woes.

Kiyaman

Legend
I would rather do Elfrid and DAL 1st for Lonzo.

Elfrid has similar stats to lonzos but is shooting better percentages. I think this would be a fair deal for both sides.

I don't think Payton & Randle are welcome by the NO Pelicans organization, after their one season performance that made Anthony Davis leave.
We need to send Barrett & Frank to the Pelicans for Lonzo, to watch Frank receive more playing-time minute than Zion ex-teammate RJ Barrett.

Broadway

All Star
We love to have our name in the mix of everything

Bulls supposedly said they won't give him away and as long as our records remain close to the same...don't see why they would. The Knicks need to figure out what they're doing. Are we rebuilding or are we trying to win right now? The assets we have aren't enough to what we'd likely wan to keep(RJ and Robinson). Unless we depart with picks all we have is fodder honestly due to our team depreciating assets

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
I don't think Payton & Randle are welcome by the NO Pelicans organization, after their one season performance that made Anthony Davis leave.
We need to send Barrett & Frank to the Pelicans for Lonzo, to watch Frank receive more playing-time minute than Zion ex-teammate RJ Barrett.

Barrett and frank for lonzo?!?!

What are you on :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Yeah, but I’m not in love with it. It’s a great draft and that DAL pick could be a top 10-15 selection.

Lonzo and RJ as a pair would create spacing nightmares, with their shooting woes.

Yea I'm reconsidering trading that pick tbh.

But if we do get lonzo the man should be limited to 5 shots a game at best. We just need him to be a floor general that can make good passes

DSJ asked to go to G League to get minutes. I feel bad for him at this point. I never liked his game, but man, the Knicks buried his career by trading for him.

Broadway

All Star
DSJ asked to go to G League to get minutes. I feel bad for him at this point. I never liked his game, but man, the Knicks buried his career by trading for him.

From what I can see, many are applauding the move by him. He knows his career is about done and this may be his only saving ground. As of now this is how I see our youth player stock assets

Knits Stock is way down
DSJ Stock is way down
Knox Stock is rapidly declining
Robinson Stock is making a turn towards declining
OB1 Stock is Flat
Jared Harper Stock is Unknown
RJ Stock steadily rising
Quickley Stock>>>>Amc + Gamestop Stock

Where is true development taking place? And the team has the nerve to be discussing trading for Derrick Rose(rolling eyes), yeah because he sure has led Minnesota and Detroit to a ton of wins since leaving Knicks. Payton, Gibson, Rose are connected to Perry and Thibs add in the 4 Kentucky players who I believe are the connection between Calipari and Leon Rose...

We're showing signs of running a country club type of team again...it's making me angry and I'm starting to hate this team seriously

Last edited:
I feel a little differently about what is happening with MRob?s value. MRob went from a guy who couldn?t stay on the court because of fouls to a solid starter with plenty of untapped potential.

If you believe Thibs and the other coaches will get there with Toppin, then that?s potentially 4 guys who are improving under this coaching staff?s watch.

If RJ, Quickley, MRob, and Toppin are all on the up this season, I?m not really shaken by other guys ending up on the scrap heap.

Under our prior coaches, virtually none of our young guys were on an upward trend, except for KP, and that went toxic at lightspeed.

mafra

Legend
Tom Thibodeau said rookie Obi Toppin needs to continue "learning the NBA, the defense and being a multiple-effort guy."
"[Toppin] may get the initial part but there?s a second, third and fourth part that has to be done also," Thibodeau said. Toppin had four points in nine minutes on Monday and it's hard to see him carving out a fantasy-relevant role while Julius Randle is gobbling up 36.7 minutes at the power forward spot.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks announced the GLeague roster and DSJ isn't on it perhaps because of his status as a 4 yr player but if he doesn't get playing time in the NBA and the GLeague its got to be the worst case for a guy going into his contract year looking for a new home.