2020-2021 NY Knicks

Broadway

All Star
Exactly what I feel has been going on

The players who were picked, signed, or history with Perry/Rose/Thibs are who we?re rocking with, regardless of principles

Last edited:
The rumors about Knicks trading for Derrick Rose seem more substantial than the usual made up Knicks rumors. If the Knicks acquire Rose, my hope is that he would come off the bench and Quickley would move to the starting lineup.

mafra

Legend
The Pistons are "close" to trading Rose to the New York Knicks, where the 32-year-old point guard will reunite with his former head coach Tom Thibodeau, The Athletic reported Saturday.

Before the news broke, Pistons coach Dwane Casey said during his pregame interview that Rose would miss Saturday's road game against the Los Angeles Lakers due to personal reasons.

Rose signed a two-year, $15 million deal with the Pistons in 2019, and averaged 18.1 points and 5.6 assists, his best marks in each category since 2011-12. He played in 50 of the Pistons' 66 games, starting 15.

Detroit Free Press

Broadway

All Star
The rumors about Knicks trading for Derrick Rose seem more substantial than the usual made up Knicks rumors. If the Knicks acquire Rose, my hope is that he would come off the bench and Quickley would move to the starting lineup.

We can?t trade Payton based on his opt out and resigning new 1yr deal. Detroit supposedly going to go young

Could be a pick and player for Rose. I HATE THE TRADE even if we give up nothing

Rose is on an expiring 7.6 million dollar deal and Knicks have over 21 million in cap space remaining for this season. Sounds like they are trying to get a deal done by trading away DSJ.

I think Rose?s presence will reduce Payton?s minutes, but who knows.

Shams Charania saying Knicks are closing in on trade for Derrick Rose in exchange for DSJ and ?draft compensation?.

Draft compensation? R?uh r?oh. 2nd round pick? It couldn?t possibly be a 1st round pick, could it?

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Shams Charania saying Knicks are closing in on trade for Derrick Rose in exchange for DSJ and “draft compensation”.

Draft compensation? R’uh r’oh. 2nd round pick? It couldn’t possibly be a 1st round pick, could it?

AWFUL!!!!

Would've hated it if it were Knits or Knox or even filler like Austin Rivers. Rose isn't needed, only complicated the guard situation and overall rotations. He's basically 33yrs old, expiring. Even if Thibs calls himself trying to save his career with a contract re-up next yr it's still garbage. Now had we traded Austin Rivers and Noel for SHOOTING and future draft considerations I'd understand.

I guess Detroit might be looking to get back the 2nd round pick they had previously traded to us.

This trade, if it happens, will give us Rose?s Bird rights to sign him for another 2 years without it counting against the salary cap. Thibs sure does love Derrick Rose.

mafra

Legend
On one hand, DSJ or Frank and a second isn?t much for Rose, if Thibbs feels he?ll have value here... I think this means we move IQ to Starting lineup and have Rose as the backup.

But, with EP lately... is this really the course of action for Thibbs? I don?t buy it....

But, I agree with Broadway. It?s the principal here... a rebuilding team shouldn?t be trading away a young lottery prospect and a draft pick for this type of player. It may not sound like much but perhaps that?s filler for a bigger deal, for a better player.

You know, we all know what will happen. This move means less minutes for IQ, as we are stuck with a EP/DR rotation. Toss in fact Rose was here already and quit on the team.

I don?t want him!!! Maybe if CHI releases him, but I certainly wouldn?t even trade them Keith Van Horn, if we had his trading rights still.

I?m reading final trade is Derrick Rose for DSJ and Charlotte?s 2021 2nd round pick.

Goodbye DSJ. I hated you out of the draft, briefly tried to support you, and then realized you are a tough player to support.

pat

Starter
It's a moronic move. Don't give up any draft assests. No Thibs only needs to bring Noah out of retirement, so he can pretend it's 2012. This will delay Q's development because now he will bring Rose instead of Q off the bench as Elfrid' back-up. This is ship is going nowhere and you know why?: Everthing Dolan touches dies.

Broadway

All Star
It's a moronic move. Don't give up any draft assests. No Thibs only needs to bring Noah out of retirement, so he can pretend it's 2012. This will delay Q's development because now he will bring Rose instead of Q off the bench as Elfrid' back-up. This is ship is going nowhere and you know why?: Everthing Dolan touches dies.

Sure is, we're going to learn soon why

He mentioned his ability to develop youth by having a huge hand in D-Rose winning league MVP as the youngest player. He went out of his way to mention Rose...lol @Thibs

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Rose averaging 14&4, and has embraced backup role. This has to come at expense of EPs minutes. Still dumb to trade assets for a guy we can sing in a few months.

Broadway

All Star
Rose averaging 14&4, and has embraced backup role. This has to come at expense of EPs minutes. Still dumb to trade assets for a guy we can sing in a few months.

Good point Maf, Rose was likely getting waived and we gave up assets for him. I mean if he was that important we could've pulled the trigger in the offseason, he'd have 20+ gms as a Knick already. I'm certain some in the front office didn't want to do the trade then but Thibs made sure to force the org's hand via sabotage. I believe it's also a reason Thibs wouldn't start IQ for it would've made it more challenging to justify trading for Rose who he's wanted all along. Don't be surprised if Rose ends up starting after 10gms or so

WOW just WOW!!!

Thibs the same guy who 2 weeks ago said it would be good for DSJ to go down to the G-League and get minutes for him and the Knicks...lol he didn't play one game. I'm pretty much off Thibs now and how sad for I figured he'd be a much different coach this time around

The DSJ trade sets value for Knits and Knox...if we don't play them no way we get more than what Detroit gave us

Last edited:
DSJ, Ntilikina, and Knox are going to have very little trade value no matter what we do.

Ntilikina is an 8.3 million dollar and DSJ is a 7.7 million dollar qualifying offer for next season. Knox is a little bit of a better deal with 1 season left on his rookie contract.

Last edited:
We?re 6th in overall defense and 25th in overall offense. Front office needed to try something.

Now the goal is to trade away Austin Rivers, I hope.

The 2nd round pick we traded away is the pick we got in 2018 for Willy Hernangomez. It kills me that anyone would play this off as a critical asset we are losing. We were never going to draft 4 more rookies to the roster in 2021.

Reportedly, Brooklyn, Clippers, Milwaukee, and Miami all wanted Derrick Rose.

If Brooklyn had gotten Rose, fans and media would be all like ?Brooklyn does it again!?.

Instead, we get Rose off the board and possibly create a market to trade Austin Rivers.

Broadway

All Star
Reportedly, Brooklyn, Clippers, Milwaukee, and Miami all wanted Derrick Rose.

If Brooklyn had gotten Rose, fans and media would be all like ?Brooklyn does it again!?.

Instead, we get Rose off the board and possibly create a market to trade Austin Rivers.

Brooklyn has had their share of criticism...namely the oddity of Kyrie, them having only 1 ball for 3 finicky stars, and the fact they can?t play defense...they do not get showered with endless praise

Had we not made the deal, the market for Rivers still remains correct?

Does he get minutes with Rose here or do we DNP him endless amount of games to get a 2024 2nd round pick 45-55 range after he strummed his harp and sang tenor about not being scared to sign in New York in the offseason

We?re the 2012 Bulls except lesser parts

What if Bulls make Zach Lavine available?...We may have to dig into a stash of assets we would prefer not cuhz we didn?t build up the assets we should?ve, we devalue the ones who have it, traded off a couple already setting a low bar

Last edited:
Brooklyn has had their share of criticism...namely the oddity of Kyrie, them having only 1 ball for 3 finicky stars, and the fact they can?t play defense...they do not get showered with endless praise

Had we not made the deal, the market for Rivers still remains correct?

Does he get minutes with Rose here or do we DNP him endless amount of games to get a 2024 2nd round pick 45-55 range after he strummed his harp and sang tenor about not being scared to sign in New York in the offseason

We?re the 2012 Bulls except lesser parts

What if Bulls make Zach Lavine available?...We may have to dig into a stash of assets we would prefer not cuhz we didn?t build up the assets we should?ve, we devalue the ones who have it, traded off a couple already setting a low bar

I get that a Zach Lavine trade has been rumored, but why would the Bulls ever trade him? We?re talking about multiple 1st round picks if he did hit the market.