Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Veteran

We’re 6th in overall defense and 25th in overall offense. Front office needed to try something.

Now the goal is to trade away Austin Rivers, I hope.

The 2nd round pick we traded away is the pick we got in 2018 for Willy Hernangomez. It kills me that anyone would play this off as a critical asset we are losing. We were never going to draft 4 more rookies to the roster in 2021.

Veteran

Reportedly, Brooklyn, Clippers, Milwaukee, and Miami all wanted Derrick Rose.

If Brooklyn had gotten Rose, fans and media would be all like “Brooklyn does it again!”.

Instead, we get Rose off the board and possibly create a market to trade Austin Rivers.

Now the Knicks are definitely winning a championship this season.

Sig made by Sons of Thunder

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Reportedly, Brooklyn, Clippers, Milwaukee, and Miami all wanted Derrick Rose.

If Brooklyn had gotten Rose, fans and media would be all like “Brooklyn does it again!”.

Instead, we get Rose off the board and possibly create a market to trade Austin Rivers.
    Brooklyn has had their share of criticism...namely the oddity of Kyrie, them having only 1 ball for 3 finicky stars, and the fact they can’t play defense...they do not get showered with endless praise

Had we not made the deal, the market for Rivers still remains correct?

Does he get minutes with Rose here or do we DNP him endless amount of games to get a 2024 2nd round pick 45-55 range after he strummed his harp and sang tenor about not being scared to sign in New York in the offseason

We’re the 2012 Bulls except lesser parts

What if Bulls make Zach Lavine available?...We may have to dig into a stash of assets we would prefer not cuhz we didn’t build up the assets we should’ve, we devalue the ones who have it, traded off a couple already setting a low bar
    Last edited by Broadway; Feb 07, 2021 at 17:18.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Brooklyn has had their share of criticism...namely the oddity of Kyrie, them having only 1 ball for 3 finicky stars, and the fact they can’t play defense...they do not get showered with endless praise

Had we not made the deal, the market for Rivers still remains correct?

Does he get minutes with Rose here or do we DNP him endless amount of games to get a 2024 2nd round pick 45-55 range after he strummed his harp and sang tenor about not being scared to sign in New York in the offseason

We’re the 2012 Bulls except lesser parts

What if Bulls make Zach Lavine available?...We may have to dig into a stash of assets we would prefer not cuhz we didn’t build up the assets we should’ve, we devalue the ones who have it, traded off a couple already setting a low bar
    I get that a Zach Lavine trade has been rumored, but why would the Bulls ever trade him? We’re talking about multiple 1st round picks if he did hit the market.

Veteran

Knicks did not want to include Knox in deal for Derrick Rose raising suspicion that separate deal involving Knox is forthcoming.

Knox and Knits and 2 first rounders get us...?

Veteran

Not sure about the credibility, but it is being reported that at least one team has reached out to the Knicks about the availability of Elfrid Payton.

Derrick Rose likely not eligible to play tonight because DSJ has yet to pass his physical in Detroit to make things official.

Quickley said that Rose has already made a point of offering to help him and Toppin with Thibs’ system.

If they flip EP and replace him with Rose, I am cool with that.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Good point Maf, Rose was likely getting waived and we gave up assets for him. I mean if he was that important we could've pulled the trigger in the offseason, he'd have 20+ gms as a Knick already. I'm certain some in the front office didn't want to do the trade then but Thibs made sure to force the org's hand via sabotage. I believe it's also a reason Thibs wouldn't start IQ for it would've made it more challenging to justify trading for Rose who he's wanted all along. Don't be surprised if Rose ends up starting after 10gms or so

WOW just WOW!!!

Thibs the same guy who 2 weeks ago said it would be good for DSJ to go down to the G-League and get minutes for him and the Knicks...lol he didn't play one game. I'm pretty much off Thibs now and how sad for I figured he'd be a much different coach this time around

The DSJ trade sets value for Knits and Knox...if we don't play them no way we get more than what Detroit gave us
    "Initially"...LOL

This organization and team makes it so easy sometimes to see the crap they try and pull with fans. Why is it "Initially" and why wouldn't it apply to Quickley?
    Last edited by Broadway; Feb 15, 2021 at 12:44.

Knows the team

I said it before the season started, that our new rookie Quickley has the skills to take a lot of RJ Barrett's minutes this upcoming season.
    As the Knicks season started, Payton & Burks did very well in the starter lineup before Burks caught a so-call injury that side line him. RJ was'nt doing well at the SF position as a starter. When RJ went back to being our starter SG, Payton started to look shady at the PG spot.
    The number one player in the Knicks starter lineup that needed to be replace by Quickley was RJ Barrett. Not Payton!
    I kept wondering why fans wanted Thibs to replace Payton in the starter lineup with Quickley, when Quickley played well beside Payton, DSJ, Frank, and Rivers.
    .There's a good reason why Quickley was drafted as a SG, and played the SG position in college.

Was Thibs smart in bringing D.Rose to the party? Recall we wanted D.Rose to switch to the SG position the last time he was a Knicks.

Veteran

MRob out 4 to 6 weeks with broken hand.

Veteran

Internet going crazy because ESPN has Knicks at #15 in their Power Rankings. Has to be the highest Knicks have been ranked since 2013.

Someone at ESPN thinks we’re a “top half” team. Hard to believe given that our franchise is their number one punching bag.

Veteran

Geeeezzz what a concept playing young talent so it can develop and get better 🙄🙄🙄

Maybe the major pro in the trade is Rose taking on a responsibility that should’ve already been here since the KP rebuild. Real leadership and focus on building up young players confidence and not destroying it

Keep proving me wrong D-Rose I won’t hate

I mean what are coaches and assistant coaches for if they aren’t truly coaching EVERYONE?

What a pickup D-Rose has been, simply for the fact that he’s invested in developing the kids and establishing a winning culture. A total 180 turnaround from his first time here, when perhaps Melo and KP had him envisioning a title run, only to find out Melo at odds with front office, KP wants to party, and team had no leadership from coaching.

Rose and MRob injury a true blessing for Obi. I hope he runs with it and makes me look foolish!!!