The Preseason Game Thread on Knicks vs Cavs Wed & Friday

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks leading 103-57 at the end of 3. I'd expect Thibs to give Harper, Pinson, Harper burn the rest of the way. I'd still like to see how IQ plays with this group but probably won't with Harper in there.

mafra

Legend
Tonight is why you get excited about what happened on Wed.

They came out and won their first contest, then fell flat. In Game 3, things got worse... but, after that comeback win... NyK found themselves at 2-1, and avoided a losing streak.

That helped the mindset...

We are trying to establish a culture here... and the only way that happens is by winning. Not through Fizdale moral victories. Ergo, the kids come in tonight and toast Cavs.

We finish pre-season 3-1.

Broadway

All Star
He might be a rook but off these last 2 games I could Thibs saying I've got nothing to lose by starting IQ over Payton for game 1.

Been waiting for the Knicks to pick up a lottery talent with a late round or second rounder, IQ might be that guy.

I don?t want to play musical chairs with the guards all season. If IQ is the goods let him loose and see what we have

Kiyaman

Legend
Well .. we finally got a team-ball play-maker guard with a quick release (Quickley) that's able to improve his teammates offensive performance on the court.
I wonder-wonder how Payton, DSJ, Frank, Burks, and Noel are feeling after tonight win-win Knicks game without them ???

tiger0330

Legend
I don?t want to play musical chairs with the guards all season. If IQ is the goods let him loose and see what we have

Maybe Thibs doesn't put the pressure of starting on the kid right away and it probably doesn't matter if IQ gets most of the minutes between him and EP. The kid has confidence, is bball savvy and makes the right play and EP can't shoot it like this kid can.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks 2020-21 regular-season games are going to be very interesting watching Quickley's-Energy .. He does bring excitement, we may have another Spreewell-Energy player for our rotation players to grab energy from for a Knicks win-win this season. Knox & Bullocks had incredible games tonight from keeping up with Quickley's uptempo-energy by scoring 20 pts & 17 pts on 7-10 & 6-7 shooting .. Great shooting night for the two.

Ouickley & MitchRob dynamics tonight (late first-rounders), are the Knicks future in having wining seasons, If Dolan don't trade them.

Kiyaman

Legend
Maybe Thibs doesn't put the pressure of starting on the kid right away and it probably doesn't matter if IQ gets most of the minutes between him and EP. The kid has confidence, is bball savvy and makes the right play and EP can't shoot it like this kid can.

Thibs should make rookie Quickley the combo 6th-Man (off the bench), the same as OKC did Harden, Boston did rookie Smart, and Jazz did rookie Donovan.
Thibs shouldn't start our rookie IQ until, after the Knicks 40th game when IQ himself, coaches, and fans agree that IQ belong in the starter lineup with a bunch of Tier-3 Knick players.
Since draft night, I been watching a lot of Quickley's college ball, his high-energy, ball-control, and smart quick release-shot has been on a higher level than all the guards on the 2020-21 Knicks roster.
.... Frank, Quckley, Barrett, Toppin, MitchRob, and 6th Man ??? .. are MY main lineup I would like to coach for a season.

Kiyaman

Legend
At the start of the regular season .. Thibs will start Payton, Burks, Barrett, Randle, Noel.
Hopefully, Thibs will have a 2nd-unit too .. Frank, Quickley, Knox, Toppin, and MitchRob.

I still believe DSJ, Knox, and Bullock should not be in Thibs 9-10 man rotation, and Barret belong on the 2nd unit.

KingCharles34

All Star
This kid Quickley has been on fire like a nba jam game. Looks like a natural scorer, good at using his speed and deception to create plays and even puts effort in on defense. I dont want to get too overhyped because it was just a preseason game against a g league team

Kyle Knox still has more to prove, im not getting off the anti Knox wagon until he does this during the regular season

Its good to see we may finally have a little core developing but again preseason games against the cavs and pistons arent the best measuring sticks

Sent from my SM-A115AZ using Tapatalk

Kiyaman

Legend
The players below are what we are working with in the 2020-21 Knicks season.
PG- Frank, Rivers, Payton
SG- Quickley, Barrett, Burks
SF- Toppin, Knox, Bullock, Iggy
PF- Toppin, Randle, Spellman
Center- MitchRob, Noel

I'm hoping Thibs spend time developing chemistry in a 2nd unit lineup of our young players throughout the season ....
Frank, Quickley, Barrett, Toppin, and MitchRob !!!