Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers 12/23/2020 [Game #1]

mafra

Legend
RJ and Burks on fire, with 20 apiece on the first half. Thibs won?t be happy we allowed 60 in the half, but impressive offensive showing so far. RJ drilled his first 2 threes!

mafra

Legend
Second half begins with awful EP turnover, who had Mitch wide open on P&R. Next possession EP steps out of bounds.

12 turnovers so far..

IQ hip pointer. He won?t returns.

EP is painful to watch. I can?t believe we have to watch him run the point again.

EP hits a 3. Knicks 9-16 from downtown.

tiger0330

Legend
Quick night over with a hip pointer. Just reading Knicks didn't offer either DSJ or Nits an extension and if they don't get into the game with IQ being out I'd say it's goodbye to those 2.

Kiyaman

Legend
Randle finally playing TEAM-BALL .. RJ playing his best game as a Knick .. Burks & IQ keeping us in the flow of things .. and Pacers Sabonis putting MitchRob & Noel in foul trouble.
Rookie Toppin need to do something other than shoot 3 balls

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
I was just using Yahoo Sports on my phone to see the box score and I saw a LIVE click through so maybe the NBA is offering a trial preview of LP. When I clicked it, it was just showing a Laker ceremony but maybe thats because we're at the half.

Oh I see, did it actually stream the game?

I used to use reddit but they started blocking the links

mafra

Legend
Frank looks awful. Time to move on. He passed on a wide open 3, then later ignored a wide open Knox at top of key for 3, instead takes a mid range pull-up (which he bricks). He can?t even cover McConnel. Then airballs a layup. Done with Knits. He wasn?t ready for his opportunity tonight and I don?t see a reason to give him more chances.

As I type... he bricks a 3.... Without IQ, there?s no PG leadership. EP had 4 turnovers and 3 assists

KNicks 0-1.

mafra

Legend
RJ and Burks with 20 apiece in first half. I think they combine for 4 points in second half. So nice to ignore our 2 best offensive weapons...

EP, Frank, DSJ all need to leave.

mafra

Legend
Our shooting % reverted to our mean... EP and Randle combine for 10 turnovers.

If you start these 2 you are a lottery bound team.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Pacers waited for the final 7 minute in the 4th qtr. to CLOBBER the Knicks .. 2 min remain in game .. Knicks 101 Pacers 116

Kiyaman

Legend
RJ and Burks with 20 apiece in first half. I think they combine for 4 points in second half. So nice to ignore our 2 best offensive weapons...

EP, Frank, DSJ all need to leave.

Randle playing Hero-ball in the 4th qtr. And
EP & RJ & Burks & Bullock's Defense stink-up the entire 4th quarter !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Frank looks awful. Time to move on. He passed on a wide open 3, then later ignored a wide open Knox at top of key for 3, instead takes a mid range pull-up (which he bricks). He can’t even cover McConnel. Then airballs a layup. Done with Knits. He wasn’t ready for his opportunity tonight and I don’t see a reason to give him more chances.

As I type... he bricks a 3.... Without IQ, there’s no PG leadership. EP had 4 turnovers and 3 assists

KNicks 0-1.

Never was a fan of the kid, I hope the Knicks can get something back for him and DSJ.

mafra

Legend
Sabonis exposed Mitch. No way he deserves a monster contract based on what we?ve seen so far. He was just eaten alive by a true C.

Broadway

All Star
Gonna be interesting to see who Knicks fans blame this yr if this is the rotation Thibs sticks with

We still have a point guard issue. One thing is for sure RJ is a pretty dope cat

mafra

Legend
If Obi is the most NBA ready player, this draft class will be historically bad.

More like, he?s most NBA ready to be Randle?s backup?

Broadway

All Star
Sabonis exposed Mitch. No way he deserves a monster contract based on what we?ve seen so far. He was just eaten alive by a true C.

I said when we drafted him kid was a project and when you?re an org having too many irons on the fire it stunts a proper development

This team needs to make a trade to trim the fat