Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Philadelphia 76ers 12/26/2020 7:30 [Game #2]

mafra

Legend
Randle was good.... He?s definitely our best player. But EP& Bullock shouldn?t be starting.

My starting lineup would be:

IQ
Burks
RJ
Randle
Mitch

Kiyaman

Legend
At least RJ was hitting his FTs...

I Think with IQ and Rivers we will be OK, but unfortunately they are huge losses right now. Them, along with Burks, is really our only threats from the back court.

If we walk away from this year with RJ and IQ and Mitch a starting C... we’ve done well.

At the end of the 3rd qtr. RJ Barrett shot 1-15 having 4 pts, and the Knicks were down by 17 pts.
The entire 4th qtr. were Garbage Time.

As for Quickley & Rivers, the two guards notice the head coach Thibs has no TEAM-BALL strategy plan for offense, or any plan to improve the many Knick players that keep telegraphing their passes.
The Knick two regular season games has shown us the Knicks are playing more sloppier than they did at the start of last season under Fiz.
There was no strategic team-ball move on offense or defense by Thibs Knicks in the 0-2 games !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Randle was good.... He’s definitely our best player. But EP& Bullock shouldn’t be starting.

My starting lineup would be:

IQ
Burks
RJ
Randle
Mitch

Randle was good! LOL
How much did Randle score in the first half of the game, compared to what he score in the 2nd half of the game.
Randle and RJ Barrett's scoring performance in the 2nd half of every game has been a BUST performance that got 2 head-coaches fired, and the president of the Knicks fired. FACTS !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Breen was saying the shooting woes continues from last year but they haven’t shot the ball well for the last six years. I haven’t looked it up but my bet is the Knicks have had a bottom 25 or worse offense over the last six years.

Thibs is going to bench Payton as soon as Quick comes back is the only redeeming thing that comes out of getting your butt kicked like the last 2 games.

Breen, has said nothing bout Frank in Thib's rotation for two games ..
Payton's performance say's "you should have kept me waived".
DSJ performance is ugly.
And tonight, at the end of the 3rd qtr. RJ Barrett's performance stink-up the court shooting 1-14, and 4 turn-overs for 4 pts. He did not deserve to play in the 4th quarter. Frank should have been giving RJ playingtime minute in th 4th qtr..

Frank firing Leon Rose as agent .. has had Frank benched throughout the preseason games, and in the Knicks 0-2 blowouts. Knick fans are force to watch CBA players Payton, DSJ, and Bullock.

Here's someone else quotation on the Frank factor ....
https://knicksmecca.blogspot.com/2020/12/the-ship-be-sinkin-again.html

I expected a slow start to the season in terms of wins and losses. Maybe 2-8. But time enough to maybe get it together. And in thinking so, I'm obviously projecting how I might have viewed the schedule as an opportunity to develop some team chemistry.
Judging from these first two games, Thibs kinda/sorta has that goal in mind but he's implementing that goal by trying to win with patterns of pretty vanilla coaching folklore (play the vets). This approach is indistinguishable from what we saw from Fizdale a year ago for twenty some games. Let's acknowledge that march through Knicks fandom hell as Mike Miller's learning sabbatical. Thibs is making the same mistakes that the ghosts of coaching staffs past have made over and over and over again.

Let's summarize something up front. The Knicks have been blown out of two difficult to win contests by big margins and by real sketchy play. And yet, like a Groundhog Day dedicated to punishing Knicks fans once again, the large volume of criticism involves not the players on the court - OH, NO - NOT THEM.

No, we are being treated (ONE MORE F'N TIME) to criticism of Frank Ntilikina whose involvement in both games amounted to a few minutes of garbage time.

Now we are again being fed the end-of-shelf-life narrative that Frank has not -cough- "earned" his playing time. Let's pretend we are all stupid and accept that premise for a moment. Buying into this empirically means that Payton, DSJ, and a gobbledygook reconfiguration of SGs, SFs, and walk-ons all HAVE EARNED playing time ahead of Frank. After all, the proof is in the game film.

Right.

The other day, Mavs owner, Mark Cuban was being interviewed and got a cheap shot question from one of the ESPN haters who asked if Cuban slept well after allegedly fleecing the Knicks in the Porzingus trade. Cuban diplomatically deflected the question but went on to make an important point about contemporary basketball fans. It is that fans follow players more than uniforms these days.

It's true.

And the majority of Knicks fans are Frankie fans. If there were fans in MSG last night, the buliding walls would be shaking from fans yelling Frank's name. Don't believe me, ask Fizdale.

There's a cognitive disconnect in how the coaching staffs evaluate Ntilikina. Mike Miller broke the code. After Fizdale's miserable run, Miller's Knicks played .500 ball often with Ntilikina being the catalyst. Frankie fans have seen this movie before. First he's a bust, then he's in games keeping them winnable, then the Knicks win winnable games, and he finally looks to be on his way... and then a new coach who thinks the Paytons of the world are better.

I for one am sick of this stupid loop. Trade Frank somewhere where I can enjoy watching him play - F the Knicks. They'll eventually bumble their way into sombody who is a cookie cutter PG. I don't even care anymore.

Chip Stern and I had a long conversation before the game about the Knicks bad habit of developing players all year long who leave. Gone. The guys who should be developed get free game watching seats.

Payton, Randle, Bullock, DSJ, ...

Why?

The thought occurred to me that in the time of need for a third string Center - could Iggy be a small ball candidate?