Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Milwaukee Bucks 12/27/2020 7:30 [Game #3]

Broadway

All Star
95-75 NYK with 5 seconds left in 3rd. EP having a good game, and guess what? Knicks are cruising ...

It's amazing what good point guard play can do for a team. He'll probably be okay for a few gms and give us more trash performances all the way through the entire season. We'll be speaking on the same issues all yr. For the record Payton would get Triple Near/Doubles off the bench in Orlando

mafra

Legend
Randle. Early triple dubs again. He was best player on floor... yeah, better than Freak tonight.

mafra

Legend
It's amazing what good point guard play can do for a team. He'll probably be okay for a few gms and give us more trash performances all the way through the entire season. We'll be speaking on the same issues all yr. For the record Payton would get Triple Near/Doubles off the bench in Orlando

It?s probably a matchup thing, for it doesn?t appear that MIL has decent PG play either. Still, if you get 27/6 from your Pg and 12 from
His backup... you?re gonna win most Games

Just like in NFL, the team with higher QBR wins 80% of their games.

EP outplayed Jrue and we win easily....

mafra

Legend
17-8-4 from RJ and 3-4 from FT line. Who cares about 0-4 from downtown.... I?ll take an efficient RJ who hits his FTs. That 3 point shot will come one of these years.

Mitch had 9-6 but controlled the paint....

Rivers and IQ and we may have something.... we?ll see.

Frank 4-4 from deep...

Broadway

All Star
It’s probably a matchup thing, for it doesn’t appear that MIL has decent PG play either. Still, if you get 27/6 from your Pg and 12 from
His backup... you’re gonna win most Games

Just like in NFL, the team with higher QBR wins 80% of their games.

EP outplayed Jrue and we win easily....

I'm just saying his performance tonight on an individual basis means little to me based on his career vs what our team looks like with someone who can be "CONSISTENTLY" productive from the position. Hell had Payton's stats stayed flat after the 1st qrt it says so much more than the numbers

As far as Knits, he was productive in front run fashion his performance was even more meaningless

The guys who appear to be fighting with what they have are Randle/Burks/RJ/Mitch

mafra

Legend
It gives me hope that Rivers and IQ can be an upgrade over EP. We all know what EP is... 5 great games a season....

Kiyaman

Legend
After a great (Defensive) game WIN 130 - 110 over Giannis Bucks ....
I still have criticism on our consistency as a team, player, and coach.
Thanks for the dynamic WIN, plus letting Frank get 10 straight minute of playing-time in the first half before we got a 5 pt lead.

I still question our 3 most minute played players from last season ...Same-Page? Consistency on both sides of the court?

Payton's 27 pts, and 7 ast in less than 30 minute were great tonight.
The big question lies .. When will Payton ever have a dynamic game like that again?
We need a consistent PG that gets teammates into the flow of the game as our starter.

Randle's 3 games has been consistently good on offensive side of the court, his defense stinks.

RJ Barrett's inconsistency gets a pass for being in his 2nd NBA season, hopefully throughout the season RJ will pick-up a few good things to do to improve the team.

mafra

Legend
Randle could be playing himself into a nice trade option if he keeps this up...

Or, is this efficient version a product of Kenny Payne prodding, and this KP helps us find a replacement to that other KP, and we found a franchise cornerstone? He plays this well they pick up his option?

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
If Thibbs is gonna stick to a tight 10-man rotation, now with Toppin out and Rivers returning...

Randle
RJ
Mitch
Burks
Bullock
Rivers
IQ
Noel
Knox
EP

I feel it?ll be a fluid situation, with EP-IQ the A duo... Frank then DSJ next in line should either of them struggle (or they play themselves into the rotation).

tiger0330

Legend
Big win no question about it. This and the first half against the Pacers show the shooting may not be as moribund as the experts and myself thought. We will have to see because you're not going to get many nights where both EP and Nits go 7-7 on their 3s.

I liked Thibs response that if you practice hard and right you're going to get better and then saying players like Payton and Nits come in late to practice because they laid eggs in the game but come back the next day to produce shows Thibs is right. Also like the fact that a guy like Kenny Payne who is the highest paid asst in the NBA is shagging balls for the guys like I've seen him in warm-ups, love the hands on instead of delegating it to the younger training staff.

Last edited: