Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Cleveland Cavaliers 12/29/2020 7:00 pm [Game #4]

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Knicks played like trash. Good thing the Cavs played worse. Randle's putting up all star numbers. RJ is a number 3 scoring options on a good team. He is NOT a PG.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Coach Thibs has these Knicks players defending like it's the 1999 (JVG) Knicks team .. when you can overcome 24 turnovers, shoot under 70% from the FT line, and still come out on top and hold a team to under 90 points in this era of basketball. Tonight game was impressive !!!
Game Ball goes to Randle for playing like an animal.
When's the last time we've been able to lean on DEFENSE as our strength?

mafra

Legend
lol

Team has actually been solid from 3...for real

We found out something tonight. Without Burks and his 20 ppg, facing NYK killer Drummond.... coming off a big, momentum-building win... No way Knicks win this game.

10 dollar ML bet paid 29. I desperately wanted to do that.... but, man, a NYK loss and losing the bet. Too much. Especially 3rd game in 4 days...

I didn?t feel good about CLE winning, but thought their Gs would beat ours, AD would swallow Randle and EP crash back to earth.

But this coaching staff is different. We gotta keep it going tho....

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks played like trash. Good think the Cavs played worse. Randle's putting up all star numbers. RJ is a number 3 scoring options on a good team. He is NOT a PG.
The Cavs guards (Dotson) did pressure RJ every time he TRIED to take the point in the game, which wasn't much after two turnovers, and a big reason why he belong on the bench .. I would like to see Payton & Frank on the court for a straight 6 min in a game.

RJ Barrett's performance was useless, and showed to be the weakest player on the court tonight.
RJ Barrett's 26 pt performance in the Indiana Pacers game were a FLUKE, the 2nd half blow-out proved it.
I'm giving RJ Barrett's BUST performance a pass because this is his 2nd season, and his 3rd head-coach under the Dolan Knicks.
Being RJ was giving a 30+plus minute playing-time role in every game from rookie preseason games .. I expect a boost of improvement throughout the 2020-21 season in ISO RJ Barrett's Team-Ball skills (RJ stinks on defense, the #1 reason we need Thibs defensive minded coaching.).

Last edited:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
He did a lot of over dribbling tonight. I don't want to be to hard on Barrett. The entire team plays better with a real floor general and playmaker. There is still hope for Barrett and Knoxx. Maybe we can get Ball from New Orleans.?

Kiyaman

Legend
We found out something tonight. Without Burks and his 20 ppg, facing NYK killer Drummond.... coming off a big, momentum-building win... No way Knicks win this game.

10 dollar ML bet paid 29. I desperately wanted to do that.... but, man, a NYK loss and losing the bet. Too much. Especially 3rd game in 4 days...

I didn’t feel good about CLE winning, but thought their Gs would beat ours, AD would swallow Randle and EP crash back to earth.

But this coaching staff is different. We gotta keep it going tho....

My same thoughts

Kiyaman

Legend
He did a lot of over dribbling tonight. I don't want to be to hard on Barrett. The entire team plays better with a real floor general and playmaker. There is still hope for Barrett and Knoxx. Maybe we can get Ball from New Orleans.?

Our young-core of Knox & RJ Barrett .....
I'm shock to say, "Knox & Bullock has been growing well sharing the SF position in our 2-2 record.
And Frank & Quickley's Ball-skills are our best solution at the SG position to chase a .500 season.
Where does that leave our ISO-RJ Barrett ???

mafra

Legend
After getting blown out by NYK, Bucs beat heat 144-97.... they went 29-51 from downtown.

Knicks tonight were:

14-25 (3s)
13-21 (FT)

RJ was 4/4 from the charity stripe!

pat

Starter
I don't like the fact we play our starters for 40+ minutes. Typical Thibs move. I don't see how this is going to help us in the long run.

knicksin60

Starter
Thibs messed up Rose's knees before the Knicks ended up signing him. Hopefully the Knicks do not have to hold on to Randle if Thibs turns him into dust.

mafra

Legend
I don't like the fact we play our starters for 40+ minutes. Typical Thibs move. I don't see how this is going to help us in the long run.

I think there were only 8 available players for last night?s game.

IQ, Toppin, Rivers, Burks, DSJ were all out.

pat

Starter
Thibs messed up Rose's knees before the Knicks ended up signing him. Hopefully the Knicks do not have to hold on to Randle if Thibs turns him into dust.

Exactly my point. But also it isn't fair to the players. You can live with a bum knee if you signed a max contract and you know that you'll have a comfortable life if you're reasonable with your spending. That isn't true for the players that are starters with us but would ride the end of the bench with most other teams. They need to extend their careers as much as possible.

Last edited: