Frank Nitkinia has sprain knee

Kiyaman

Legend
Stefan Bondy
@SBondyNYDN
Ruh oh: Frank Ntilikina suffered a sprained knee, according to the Knicks, and is out tomorrow.
Good news is it?s not a bad sprain, and he?s day-to-day.
Quote Tweet
Stefan Bondy
@SBondyNYDN
? 13m
Ruh oh: Frank Ntilikina suffered a sprained knee, according to the Knicks, and is out tomorrow.
https://twitter.com/SBondyNYDN/status/1344364780371501070

First word on Frank Ntilikina is that his sprained right knee is a mild one. The Knicks guard will miss tomorrow's Raptors game but he is day-to-day. Thibodeau says he hurt his knee in the first quarter and will see how he does after a few days of treatment.

mafra

Legend
A shame, for his opportunity presented itself. No Frank or DSJ, IQ and Rivers are questionable. Let?s hope this doesn?t linger, but it?s clear now that Frank?s role is going to be a bench defensive 3&d type. Let?s hope he can fill this role for us, bc that role is important for any title-contending rotation.

Kiyaman

Legend
A shame, for his opportunity presented itself. No Frank or DSJ, IQ and Rivers are questionable. Let’s hope this doesn’t linger, but it’s clear now that Frank’s role is going to be a bench defensive 3&d type. Let’s hope he can fill this role for us, bc that role is important for any title-contending rotation.

Frank showed repeatedly how effective his combo-guard skills are, Frank should've been put at the SG position the day after we traded Tim Hardaway Jr..
All of RJ Barrett's SG minutes need to be giving to Frank.
I believe we would see an improve back-court when we tandem Payton & Frank, or Rivers & Frank, or Quickley & Frank.

tiger0330

Legend
My prediction is he won't be a Knick after this season. He's been beset with minor injuries all four seasons that have made him miss games despite only playing less than 20 mins a game, no one is paying a guy 7M a season if he can't be on the court. Terrible PG as well and not a consistent enough 3 pt shooter yet to become a 3 and D guy and despite everyone praising him for his D he'll never be an all NBA defender.

I just hope we can get something in trade for both him and DSJ.

Kiyaman

Legend
My prediction is he won't be a Knick after this season. He's been beset with minor injuries all four seasons that have made him miss games despite only playing less than 20 mins a game, no one is paying a guy 7M a season if he can't be on the court. Terrible PG as well and not a consistent enough 3 pt shooter yet to become a 3 and D guy and despite everyone praising him for his D he'll never be an all NBA defender.

Huh .. What was that? RJ Barrett had 21 consecutive misses from the 3 ball line !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Tiger .... You cant be hard on Frank for so many reasons, now DSJ has to be traded.
Frank is in his 4th season as a Knicks, and endured 4 new head-coaches of the Knicks.
Plus each season Frank been with the Knicks they had 8 or more guards on the roster under contract.
And as a career Knicks fan for 50 yrs the so-call Knicks Injury-List has always been a fable.
The Knicks better keep Frank like they did Charlie Ward to have success by having a defensive player to remind teammates to perform well on the DEFENSIVE-end of the court.

Hey Tiger,
What position did RJ ever win. Was it PG that he only played 2 minute and was a disaster. Maybe it was him being moved to SG because PG didn't work out. So if he won the PG then how did he win the SG. But them Peyton move into the PG. So he beat out 3 vet and 2nd year player(Ellington, Bullock, Dotson and Trier) so explain this to me. Those that know BB... know this ain't happening!!

Let me end with this all of the sportwriter that vote for the ROY or Rookie teams. RJ was at #8 or 9 in the ROY and he couldn't even make the 3rd team of the rookie teams. So where is our star that deserve to be playing 40 plus minutes a game and can't defend my dead grandmother?

Kiyaman

Legend
Austin Rivers 4th qtr. explosion last night over the Utah Jazz has my vote to be one of the Knicks Finishers this season. The Payton & Rivers back-court in the 4th qtr. confuse the Jazz players when the Knicks two point-guards took complete control of the quarter.
No offense to our players, but Payton Barrett and Randle had to be the worst trio of Finishers in the league last season.

The majority of winning NBA teams in the past decade has had two PG leading their lineup for a winning season.
Will Thibs over look the Rose & Frank dispute to give Frank decent playing-time minute to keep the Knicks winning at an above .500 level?
Will Thibs put Rivers & Frank in a lineup together?
Will Thibs keep giving inconsistent performance Barrett all the playing-time minute at SG throughout the season?
Or will Thibs start using Frank's defensive-minded performance at the SG position having Rivers, Payton, or Quickley at the PG position.

As a teenager, Austin Rivers watched his father Doc & Thibs build a championship team in Boston.
Rivers b.ball experience & skills says he's a keeper for coach Thibs.
Our previous three LOTTERY head-coaches never experiment at putting a 6.6 pass-first Frank at the SG position as a defensive combo-guard. Why? Why? Why?
Was it management investment in FA?
Tim Hardaway Jr. contract? Courtney Lee contract? Wayne Ellington contract?
Plus making SG RJ Barrett the 3rd pick in the 2019 draft, then making Barrett a rookie starter in the NBA .. a Iso SG that had poor passing skills throughout rookie season. Sad!

Kiyaman

Legend
Ntilikina has been sidelined for the past five games with the sprained right knee and is without a timeline for a return. Once he moves past the injury, Ntilikina will likely find himself outside of the rotation, as Alec Burks (ankle), Austin Rivers and Immanuel Quickley have seemingly emerged as Thibodeau's preferred backup options at either guard spot.
Yeah! yeah! yeah! Frank FIRED the Knicks (shot-caller) president as his agent !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
When will our savior return :cry:

REMEMBER .. It was Frank's 20 minute performance, and then 16 minute performance that boost the Knicks to their first two winning games this season.
The Knicks was a 5-3 winning team, now the Knicks are headed to become a 5-10 LOSER team at 12:00 pm on Monday MLK Day.

jimkcchief88

All Star

Sorry y?all Tiger is spot on here 💰 post IQ. is taking over the backcourt and Peyton think a holding own is own so Frank will end up being the odd man out. I know Frank is easy to root for being a nice story and all but this one a show business not show friends. Frank has no handle, no offensive instincts, and his jumper is broken. This last reminder of Fail-Jackson?s tenure in NYC won?t last the season with the Knicks. If he can?t be packaged together for some type of draft capital I can see his outright release. Did you see Colin Sexton drop 42 on the Nets big three last night??? Did you see Trea Young??? That?s what a top 10 drafted NBA guard is supposed to look like in 2020 not Frank. Frank is a major bust and it?s tragedy and a travesty that Fail-Jackson was allowed to screw the pooch there on Chief.

Kiyaman

Legend
Frank's performance will be needed in Thib's rotation asap for our next 10 games to be above .500.
Last night vs the Blazers PG-Damion Lillard scored 39 points on the Knicks ....
Thibs will need a defensive-stopper in the backcourt for the upcoming schedule against opponents high scoring guards .. Mitchell, Sexton, Lou Williams, PG3, Zach LaVine, Lillard, Herro, Dragic, Butler, Westbrook, Beal, Oladipo, Gordon, and Trae Young.

A Defensive coach Thibs .. plus a young 6.6 defensive-guard Frank.
As a Basketball fan, i thought a defensive coach Thibs would have taken a young 6.6 defensive-guard Frank under his wing to jell him in every Knicks lineup from the preseason games.
Frank did not receive any playing-time during preseason, nor in the Knicks first two regular season games.
Frank has a total of 40 minute of playing-time In the Knicks 18 Games this season.

Leon Rose are still sour bout Frank Firing him.
Leon Rose need to trade Frank's young talent to the next team, if coach Thibs believe Payton, Rivers, Barrett, and Burks performance deserve playing-time over Frank.

tiger0330

Legend
Poor DSJ the forgotten man as the key piece in the KP trade, still has the hops as seen in this dunk contest with Obi at a practice and I've seen him play defense. Too bad he hasn't put it all together and probably won't get the opportunity to do so as a Knick with even Nits ahead of him on the depth chart.

Kiyaman

Legend
All of DSJ performances the past two seasons from preseason games to regular season games says, "CUT" asap!

DSJ would've had a better chance at making the Knicks if coaches Fiz/Miller/Thibs would've tandem DSJ alongside Frank as a offense/defense backcourt to run the 2nd unit lineup.
Last season Knicks backcourt of Payton & Barrett were pure CRAP on offense and defense (21-45 record), plus the two never stepped-up their performance in the 4th qtr. for a Knicks win.

Kiyaman

Legend
NO Frank, no Knicks wins !!!
The Friday night Knicks are in Washington to face the Westbrook & Beal Wizards .. The Wizards has a habit of winning tight crunch-time games. Don't sleep on the 6-16 Wizards.
It would be nice if the Knicks had a secret weapon (Frank) who's skills & performance are right for crunch-time moments down the stretch to provide STOPS on defense, and half-court scoring on offense.
There's one thing I notice bout Frank performance since his rookie season, Frank's a 4th quarter player !!!