Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Cleveland Cavaliers 1/15/2021 7:30 [Game #13]

tiger0330

Legend
Critical t/o by RJ with less than 2 mins left, going behind his back with his dribble and bouncing it off a Cavs foot. Cavs also get a clear path foul for 100-97 lead and the ball. Dotson makes his FTs and makes a driving layup for a Cavs 5pt lead with 1 min left.

mafra

Legend
Randle fouled and makes shot. But idiot misses FT. Then Dotson turns it over. He?s been terrible tonight. Who was it that wanted more if DD?

Bullock steal all then turn it over.... awful, awful, awful... missed FTs, turnovers... nobody to count on at end of games...

mafra

Legend
CLE ball with 30 seconds left.. 102-99... but they decide to foul Drummon, who has 30+ points and 20 rebounds and has taken 15 FTs and made 10....

He makes 1 and makes it a 2 possession game.

Why not play defense and get the stop?

mafra

Legend
It?s sad when I don?t even care when they lose anymore.... this team is awful and there?s not much to hope for moving forward.

We can?t even root for lottery picks bc we end up selecting obvious busts like Obi Toppin. Man, we are bad and I don?t even know if I want to keep putting myself through this...

Anybody think we?ll be a top 4 team in EC by 2025?

tiger0330

Legend
RJ sinks 2 FTs then hits a huge shot as shot clock expires, to keep NYK close... thenC with 1:30 left, NYK have ball down 1....

Then RJ tries to dribble between his legs, loses ball, Randle fouls CLE and a clear path is called... 1 point lead balloons to 5 and game over. Awful! 2 bonehead decisions from our 2 main players and we lose to a terrible Cavs teams.

Folks, we are one of the worst teams in NBA and 5 game losing streak is simply a sign of things to come the next 2 months.

Fortunately, since this team is unwatchable right now, I didn’t watch a single second. Just listened to final 4 minutes.
You are what you are. No one expected much of the Knicks this season, I thought this year's version was worse than last year's version but they showed flashes. Now a 5 game losing streak but Burks may help when he comes back, I would bench Bullock and go with Burks when he comes back esp if the boys extend this streak.

mafra

Legend
Andre Drummond just laughed at Robinson...

Mitch had 5 and 4 and AD has 33 and 22

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
CLE starters played 39,39,39,40,41 minutes apiece. Only 7 men played really...

And who had stronger legs down the stretch? The Cavs.

Thibbs doesn?t realize our entire roster sucks. So why only play 8 guys?

mafra

Legend
You are what you are. No one expected much of the Knicks this season, I thought this year's version was worse than last year's version but they showed flashes. Now a 5 game losing streak but Burks may help when he comes back, I would bench Bullock and go with Burks when he comes back esp if the boys extend this streak.

I?m cool with RJ dribbling ball off his foot, Randle with a dumb foul and a missed FT, and an awful Bullock turnover... 3 turnovers, missed FT and bad foul all in final 90 seconds

I?m fine with us going 20-52...

This game pisses me off bc we win this game if we draft Halliburton over Toppin. Yes, I declare that!

Why we drafted the dunking 39 year-old from power house Dayton perplexed me then and now it makes me aggravated to even think about it.

Obi has given us nothing people... and don?t expect much from him the next 4 years either. He can pass and he can dunk and he is coachable and willing to work, the problem is he?s just not that good at playing the game of basketball and he?s undersized for what his role should be.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Critical t/o by RJ with less than 2 mins left, going behind his back with his dribble and bouncing it off a Cavs foot. Cavs also get a clear path foul for 100-97 lead and the ball. Dotson makes his FTs and makes a driving layup for a Cavs 5pt lead with 1 min left.

We showed no composure to close the game. I think Quickley should start, said that at beginning of yr. He's more of a quick paced guard we probably need to put some athletes around him and run

mafra

Legend
I didn?t watch, but coming out of a timeout late with us down 3 or something... Did we go ISO-IQ? He ended up passing ball with 7 second on shot clock or something...

But we have nobody else to close a game? RJ isn?t the answer... it?s either IQ or Randle or Rivers?

So, where was Austin down the stretch?

I?m with you tho. This season is over. They are mentally challenged if they think otherwise...

So hand the keys to IQ. Move EP to the bench.

mafra

Legend
The Cleveland Cavaliers are missing Collin Sexton, Kevin Porter Jr., Darius Garland and Kevin Love...and are still better than the New York Knicks.

NYK 0-5 since Austin Rivers declared Knicks as ?not a bad team, bc I?ve been on bad teams...?

mafra

Legend
Tommy Beer
@TommyBeer
?
35m
For Knicks fans looking for a bright spot...

Over NY?s last two games,
Immanuel Quickley has tallied:
42 points,
7 assists (vs. just 1 TO),
7 rebounds,
6 made 3-pointers

Meanwhile, the bum vet EP had 0 points and 3 turnovers and 1 FT attempt tonight, and played 20:27 minutes, and... despite fact that CLE was without both their PGs (Sexton and Garland).

Wouldn?t even punish terrorist at Gitmo to force them to watch EP. why must we endure such awful bball from a dude that wouldn?t even help St Johns win games?

tiger0330

Legend
I didn’t watch, but coming out of a timeout late with us down 3 or something... Did we go ISO-IQ? He ended up passing ball with 7 second on shot clock or something...

But we have nobody else to close a game? RJ isn’t the answer... it’s either IQ or Randle or Rivers?

I’m with you tho. This season is over. They are mentally challenged if they think otherwise...

I missed about 8 mins of the 4th because I had to take a phone call so I only got to see the end where RJ made that critical t/o. I'm going to cut Obi some slack but he can't shoot it like Haliburton that I'm sure of despite the fact he stands around the 3 pt line like he thinks he can shoot the 3. We'll see but I don't see a special player in Obi but I hope he proves me wrong.

mafra

Legend
Hard to have faith in Leon Rose, when after having 10 months to prepare for the draft, they decided to take Obi Toppin.

It?s almost like they made up their mind in Feb, then never decided to do any HW on any other player.. The good news is we didn?t trade up to draft this bust.

Now, considering roster construction and fact we had Knox.... it made no sense. And, as expected, his offensive game is nowhere near as polished as they promised.

Meanwhile, Halliburton is a beast. I?ve seen 6 of his games (I actually watch more Kings games than Knicks now).

Broadway

All Star
I didn?t watch, but coming out of a timeout late with us down 3 or something... Did we go ISO-IQ? He ended up passing ball with 7 second on shot clock or something...

But we have nobody else to close a game? RJ isn?t the answer... it?s either IQ or Randle or Rivers?

I?m with you tho. This season is over. They are mentally challenged if they think otherwise...

Rivers was awful tonight, really really awful. That's like 3 mediocre/bad gms in a row from him

Payton had 9pts on 4-7fg but like I said no matter what his numbers/production say even if positive it's the most empty of stats you'll ever witness

mafra

Legend
Rivers was awful tonight, really really awful. That's like 3 mediocre/bad gms in a row from him

Payton had 9pts on 4-7fg but like I said no matter what his numbers/production say even if positive it's the most empty of stats you'll ever witness

I did read that tonight. Again, I tuned in late fourth... Burks a big loss... with no PG, no ball movement, and no shooting... I wonder if the offensive futility is causing the defensive malaise?

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
The last 2 games we've actually played way better. Though we haven't come out victorious, I still see the improvement. Patience is key, guys.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Also the homie RJ has had back to back 20 point games, he shot 58% yesterday and he went 2-4 from 3PT. LOVE TO SEE IT :gony: