Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Cleveland Cavaliers 1/15/2021 7:30 [Game #13]

Kiyaman

Legend
I missed the game last night, but I checked the game-stats, and watched uTube highlights of the game today .... The Knicks are pitiful, the Cavs ran a weak 7 man rotation that got tired in the 2nd half and played with little energy in the 4th Qtr.. If the Knicks would've played a tight defense in the 2nd half of the game the Knicks would've won the game easy.

Randle didn't play defense all game, nor did Randle try to get Drummond in foul trouble during the game, and the number 1 reason I agree with others on trading Randle, are not his many silly turn-overs in crunch-time, but Randle don't box-out opponents in the paint, always giving opponents a second-shot.

Payton and Rivers (tier-3) skills are not par to any of the NBA .500 teams starting PG. However, on their previous teams their skill level has been good energy coming off the the bench having a decent guard & Forward in their lineup to provide help defense, and help getting the ball to the open man on every offensive possession. Under Thibs rotation/substitution Payton & Rivers has not received any guard & Forward help on defense, nor offense in any of their lineups in the past 5 games.

Our 2nd season RJ Barrett's individual raw performance has been no help on the defensive-end, and to much ISO-iso on the offensive-end of the court, that has rubbed off on Payton to go iso too. This may be one of the top reason the Knicks go from a 5-3 winning team to a 5-10 LOSER team on Monday.

Bullock's individual-skill performance has showed to have a very low b.ball IQ on help Defense, and help offense. Mainly because Thibs greenlight to Randle & Barrett forever trying some ISO move on the offensive-end, rather than keep passing the ball for the open man.
Plus Bullock has no hunger watching how lost Randle & Barret look on the defensive end of the court by never providing any help-defense to teammates, especially in the final 7 minutes of a game to gain some Knick stops on defense.

The Knicks only have one legit Big-Man on their roster to control the paint area (MitchRob).
Noel and all the PF Thibs put in the Knicks rotation has been a joke to every Knicks opponent this season.
Before, the regular season started I kept mentioning I wanted the Rookie guard Quickley to take all of Barrett's playing-time. Now after watching two shoot-first iso-guards in brick throwing Payton & Barrett the majority of Knicks fans want Quickley to replace Payton. When Barrett's weak performance has to go too. Hold on! Didn't the Knicks cut Payton before the season?

Kiyaman

Legend
Also the homie RJ has had back to back 20 point games, he shot 58% yesterday and he went 2-4 from 3PT. LOVE TO SEE IT :gony:

We lost both games .. Plus both team starter guards were DNP!
I'm still waiting for our 2nd season RJ Barrett to take over a game by his scoring ability (it ain't gonna happen any time soon), Plus Barrett get no points or props for his nonexistent hustle or team-ball performance, because Barrett stinks on DEFENSE !!!