Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Boston Celtics 1/17/2021 1:00 [Game #14]

mafra

Legend
BOS announcer goes, ?Wow. Even Elfrid Payton is hitting jump shots today.?

Lol. Yes, we understand.

Are we playing that well or did Boston just not show up this afternoon? Either way, great game for us so far.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
?€‹
Correction Chief-Champions!!! Don’t hate on the Champs and at 2pm central it’s “Showtime” starring Patrick Mahoney baby if the Knicks had half the success my Chiefs have we would be big time!!! 48-35 Knicks at the half locking the Celtics down the Thibbs effect is evident!!!

Lol I'm kidding, hope they win!

I just put a wager on Mahomes - 400+ yards & 5 TDs .. :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks added Help-Defense to their 2nd half plan, and it has been working out well on the Tatumless-Celtics .. End of 3rd Qtr.
Knicks 75 - Boston 50 WOW!

Broadway

All Star
Are we playing that well or did Boston just not show up this afternoon? Either way, great game for us so far.

Although our defense has been solid

Boston didn?t show up, they have no Tatum and Kemba?s first game on the yr, 3 postponed gms in a row...haven?t played since the 8th

Looks like it might be their lowest scoring output on the yr

Kiyaman

Legend
The Quickley & Obi Toppin tandem looking real good .. both rookies got 12 pt each in their 12 min of playingtime.

Broadway

All Star
Thibs is finally catching on by running a 10 man rotation the first half of the game.
This is a young team Thibs, giving the 2 rookies playing time is a good thing.

Austin Rivers continues to play and he?s been ATROCIOUS. It?s amazing the privilege veteran players get in this league

mafra

Legend
Despite my harsh criticism, OBI scores 8 in the second half... 2-4 from downtown. Only 2 rebounds and no assists or steals. But at least he scores some points.

Broadway

All Star
Despite my harsh criticism, OBI scores 8 in the second half... 2-4 from downtown. Only 2 rebounds and no assists or steals. But at least he scores some points.

OB1 deserves a chance to prove his worth. Getting hurt to start career is never a good thing, hopefully simply a minor setback

With that being said when you look at Quick?s play, I figure his style is suited more so for athletes, which is exactly up OB1?s alley

I think Randle and RJ are respectable enough shooters to insert Quick and OB1 in the starting lineup in place of Payton and Bullock...I would like us to play quicker