Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Golden State Warriors Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Golden State Warriors 1/21/2021 10:00 pm [Game #16]

(7-8) -- (8-6)

Venue TV TIME
    Chase Center, San Francisco, CA MSG 10:00 PM EST

Probable starters:

Injury Report

New York Knicks Golden State Warriors
    Alec Burks - sprained left ankle (PROB) Alen Smailagić - Right knee arthroscopy (OUT)
    Frank Ntilikina - Sprained right knee (DOUBT) Marquese Chriss - Right syndesmosis ankle with a fibular fracture injury (OUT)
    Austin Rivers - Sore right Achilles (DOUBT) Klay Thompson - Right Achilles tendon repair (OUT)

Game Preview

Alec Burks hopes to pick up where he left off three weeks ago when he likely will return to the New York Knicks' lineup for their game Thursday night against one of his former teams, the Golden State Warriors, in San Francisco.

Both clubs are riding two-game winning streaks as they meet for the first time since December 2019, a game the Knicks won on the road in overtime.

After signing on as a free agent in the offseason, Burks burst out of the gates for the Knicks, scoring 22 points off the bench in each of his first two games.

He was even better in his third outing, having hit four of five 3-pointers and put up 18 points before suffering a sprained left ankle in the second half against Milwaukee. That was on Dec. 27, and he hasn't played since.

After practice Wednesday, Burks insisted it was just coincidental that he'd be returning against the Warriors, for whom he was averaging a career-best 16.1 points in 48 games last season before getting dealt to Philadelphia.

"I'm just glad to be playing,'' he claimed. "It's a team I used to play for. I still got a great relationship (there), a great organization. But I'm just excited to play against anybody.''

Burks enters the game having averaged 20.7 points in his three games with the Knicks. He has shot 53.1 percent from the field, made 10 of his 15 3-point attempts (66.7 percent) and converted 18 of his 20 free throws (90.0 percent).

The Knicks did just fine without him their last two games, crushing Boston 105-75 before holding off Orlando 91-84. Julius Randle led the way against the Celtics with 20 points, one more than R.J. Barrett, while Barrett had 22 against the Magic, one more than Randle.

The Knicks have had the last two days off, not counting Wednesday's practice in San Francisco. Not long thereafter, the Warriors took the same court to host the San Antonio Spurs in the front half of a back-to-back.

What the Knicks saw on television from their San Francisco hotel rooms was an unselfish Warriors display of 31 assists for the second consecutive game.

The beneficiary of six of the point-blank connections was rookie James Wiseman, who converted each into a dunk. He added a seventh following an offensive rebound, padding his season-best 20-point total.

Stephen Curry had a game-high seven assists to complement a game-high 26 points, while Draymond Green added six assists, including a pair to Wiseman.

"James knows where to be with the timing of the lobs," Warriors coach Steve Kerr praised after the win. "Just had a good flow to our offense and James is learning. He knows where to be."

The well-rested Knicks will see the Warriors on the second night of a back-to-back, but that didn't bother Golden State the only previous time they experienced the consecutive-night scheduling this season.

On that occasion, also getting both games at home, they dispatched of Portland by 15 points on the first night and then Sacramento by 31 on the next.

--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

12th man

Wsup Rady .. Thanks for the Game-Thread, this late night game vs Steph Curry's GSW may be the game we need after the two afternoon matinee wins, plus having Burks scoring back in the rotation may give us the boost we need in our low scoring. I like Burks scoring at the SG spot (10 times better than RJ) but Burks poor defense is just like RJ, makes me wanna take them out of the game every time were on the defensive-end of the court.
    Wiseman vs MitchRob are the matchup I wanna see tonight.

RJ and the Knicks baby. RJ with 14 in the first Q, a quarter that sees the Knicks up 40-31.

As a team, in the first, NY shot 6-9 from downtown.

12th man

Im thinking wheres Quickley, then i notice we scored 40 pts in the 1st qtr.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    RJ and the Knicks baby. RJ with 14 in the first Q, a quarter that sees the Knicks up 40-31.

As a team, in the first, NY shot 6-9 from downtown.

I'm tired of RJ scoring the majority of his game points in the first quarter, it's time for RJ to start scoring the majority of his points in the 2nd half of the game.
    Lets see how many pts RJ score in the 2nd half tonite ???

RJ doesn’t turn 21 until June... Jimmy Butler was 22 his rookie season.

12th man

We need some scoring in the 2nd qtr. badly

NY 21-27 from FT line so far in the first half... Green gets second technical... ejected.

24 points from downtown... 21 from the charity stripe... 45/63 first half points. This is an analytical approach to scoring ...

Sssh... RJ has 18 first half points on just 6 shots.

12th man

Draymond ejected?? get your betchass outta here !!!
    Draymond & Steph plan on doing the same thing they did to Lebron Lakers this week in their comeback win the final 5 min of the game.

Half Time .. Knicks 63 - GSW 57
    I still wanna see a trio- lineup of Frank, Quickley, and Burks on the court.
    Bullocks performance has been playing win-win b.ball the past 3 games, hope Thibs let him explode in the 2nd half

WE THE BEST
    IG: @KNICKSMOB

Woke up just in time to catch the fourth quarter, Knicks heading to connect 3 straight Ws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Game over folks

Quote Originally Posted by rady View Post
    Woke up just in time to catch the fourth quarter, Knicks heading to connect 3 straight Ws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great way to start your day