Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Golden State Warriors 1/21/2021 10:00 pm [Game #16]

We?re approaching the one quarter mark of this shortened season and we?re 0.500 with the 6th best record in the East. I expected results under Thibs, but not this fast.

Kiyaman

Legend
We’re approaching the one quarter mark of this shortened season and we’re 0.500 with the 6th best record in the East. I expected results under Thibs, but not this fast.

Thibs sub-coaching games are going to give us the same head-aches coach JVG gave us .. Great win tonight !!!

mafra

Legend
RJ heard your pleas, Kiya.

This kid is already a man. Doesn?t turn 21 until June. Did you know Zion has made 1 shot outside of the paint this season, as of his last game?

RJ may not be Zion or Ja... He may not not be the third best player in that draft class or maybe the 10th... it don?t matter bc he isn?t a bust and a perfect Thibbs player.

Kiyaman

Legend
Hey I probably never posted this before but I'm so happy we drafted RJ. Kid's game is easy to watch, if he keeps messing around he might end up being an All-Star

You meant Randle, right?
The Knicks offense in the 2nd half did well without RJ Barrett interfering with Randle/Bullock/MitchRob inside scoring over a missing Draymond Green.
Tonight should've been RJ Barret's career-high 30 point game.
RJ Barrett been averaging 32 minute of playing time per game since his first game as a Knicks !!!

mafra

Legend
RJ had a breakaway the final minute, off a steal, that was somehow called an offensive foul, or he would?ve had 30. He outplayed Curry.

Kid is learning. Wait until RJ is 25...

Knicks have the number 1 rated defense in NBA.

Won?t be easy in Sac-town, with Fox, Buddy and Halliburton.

Kiyaman

Legend
RJ heard your pleas, Kiya.

This kid is already a man. Doesn’t turn 21 until June. Did you know Zion has made 1 shot outside of the paint this season, as of his last game?

RJ may not be Zion or Ja... He may not not be the third best player in that draft class or maybe the 10th... it don’t matter bc he isn’t a bust and a perfect Thibbs player.

I guess its on Thibs N the new Posse coaching-staff to get RJ performance to become a Knicks 2nd half threat on both sides of the court.
Tonight, Payton gets the WIN-Ball for the strong defensive effort he put on Steph Curry, making Curry work hard for those 30 pts, plus he stopped all of those Curry's antics that get Curry to the foul-line every night for double-digit points from the line.

mafra

Legend
RJ Barrett... over the past five games... he's been connecting on 51.4% of his shot attempts... to go with averages of 21.8 points, 6.4 rebounds, 3.6 dimes, 1.4 triples and 2.6 turnovers per game.

It was nice to have Burks back tonight, who quietly added 11 points while relegating Rivers to the line.

Obi flashed a few plays of brilliance, which was nice to see. Step up tomorrow, young man. Halliburton v Toppin!

Noel battled and protected the rim. EP and MRob played some defense.

Let?s keep the mojo going. Nets 9-7 and Knicks 8-8. Sac and POR are winnable games. Utah will be tough... get their this at 10-9 and we be preparing to make some calls as the trade deadline approaches.

Frank and DSJ are rapidly appearing in the rearview...

Not sure if this is sustainable, but at least it?s entertaining...

Kiyaman

Legend
RJ had a breakaway the final minute, off a steal, that was somehow called an offensive foul, or he would?ve had 30. He outplayed Curry.

I was rallying with RJ when he stole the ball, I too want him to finally have his first 30 pt game.
Recall RJ had 28 pts on 10-17 fg shooting tonite, and 14 pts were made in the first quarter on 5-6 fg shooting.

Won?t be easy in Sac-town, with Fox, Buddy and Halliburton

Will RJ be able to defend any of Sac-town trio of guards ???