Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Miami Heat - 2/9/21 7:30PM

mafra

Legend
Makes you want to rip your eyes out when EP is taking a 3 in the final minute of a 1 possession game. I have to question Thibbs sanity as to why he?s on the floor late anyway? Dude can?t even shot 25% on layups (and he missed a layup too in the final 30 seconds).

Good news is, as long as EP is on this team I just assume we lose every game. So, the loss doesn?t sting.

mafra

Legend
RJ could've got a foul call on last play Butler's hand was on his hip but not the reason we lost

Not the reason we lost at all, but certainly was a main factor in MIa winning. Hear made 12 two-point FGs. I mean, they called mostly everything when MIa offensive player had contact.

Heat shot 39 free throws and we shot 16. Tough deficit to overcome. We had a chance but once again no one could hit a shot a late.

Kiyaman

Legend
Well, after 26 games, it's safe to assume the Knicks don't have any crunch-time scorers the team could count on, or rely on down the stretch.
The Heats 2nd season player SG-Herro are becoming their main scorer down the stretch.
I have seen our 2nd season SG-Barrett miss that same layup shot more times than he made them.
Good Night !!!

mafra

Legend
Knicks lose by 2...
MIA 32-39 from FT
NYK 12-16 from FT
Heat base entire identity on physical, tough defense... only committed 16 fouls? Heat make 12 two-point FGs and win.
Refs didn?t cost NYK the game, but certainly was a major factor in MIA winning

mafra

Legend
Somebody on radio said, the lead ref or one of the officials that was on floor tonight... NYK 3-19 last 22 games the ref called our game

mafra

Legend
Derrick Rose accounted for 14 points (5-of-9 FGs, 2-of-2 FTs), one rebound, three assists, one steal, one block and two 3-pointers in 20 minutes Tuesday vs. Miami.

Rose let rookies Immanuel Quickley and Obi Toppin know upon his arrival that he was there to help them grow, and the veteran guard made good on that promise Tuesday night. He connected with Toppin on a nice alley-oop during the first half, and Rose had good chemistry with Quickley when they shared the court. Quickly played 21 minutes, finishing with seven points (2-of-9 FGs, 2-of-2 FTs), two rebounds, three assists, one steal and one 3-pointer. If one game is an indication of what?s to come, Knicks fans and fantasy managers who want to see Quickley on the floor shouldn?t be too concerned. Rose will get his minutes, but so will Quickley. The odd man out on Tuesday was Austin Rivers, who was a DNP-CD.

Rotoworld

Broadway

All Star
Not the reason we lost at all, but certainly was a main factor in MIa winning. Hear made 12 two-point FGs. I mean, they called mostly everything when MIa offensive player had contact.

Again we could?ve got a couple more for sure in Payton?s favor actually...Butler and Bam were very aggressive tho, not much was going for them from the perimeter

Most calls they got were legit and they were primarily the only players getting calls. Foul calls is a one sided view on overall game

We shot 10-28 from 3...and we?re basically the worst in the league shooting them. Randle and RJ shot 9-32 overall, even worse. If they hit closer to their averages we win, comfortably mind you. We played terrible down the stretch

Are we going to review +/-, huge contrast between starters and bench?

Broadway

All Star
I looked up about 25 Game Logs on the season for FTA and with exception of 5gms where we shot 25-40, all the others were in the range of 12-17/GM

Tonight we shot 16...not a coincidence

Guess what, it?s indicative of our system and the fact we don?t have a real star on our team

I wasn?t happy with tonight?s officiating but our team seriously needs to look in the mirror how we play each night. We need to be more aggressive in the paint and lay off the 3s

I think what?s going to frustrate a lot of people on here is that with the game on the line, our best option now is probably putting the ball in Derrick Rose?s hands.

mafra

Legend
Randle and RJ were off and we allowed over 40% shooting from downtown. We only have ourselves to blame.

Most of the fouls were legit, even the radio guys conceded that. The problem was, there were also a few 50/50 calls that didn?t go our way, along with some bad calls and awful non-calls. In a 1 possession game, that?s all folks.

There?s a reason why an official was arrested for throwing games. You can?t tell me, with how physical MIA is, that they only committed 16 fouls all game.

Still, we lost bc our 2 leads dawgs couldn?t score. RJ had a shot but blew it... we committed a ton of foolish fouls (getting into bonus with 7 left in 4th), and we lost bc EP was on the floor in the final
Minutes.

I don?t blame the refs... they?re allowed to have a bad night too. But, in a 1 possession game... without their whistle, NY win by 10+...

Anyway, losing back2back to a
Struggling MIa team just reinforces there is no Cinderella story for this season. We aren?t good. We maybe in the 8-10 mix, but that?s just to get swept in the first round.

Yippee!!!

And, Randle and RJ will never be a 1 or 2 scoring option on a legit contending team.

Kiyaman

Legend
I think what’s going to frustrate a lot of people on here is that with the game on the line, our best option now is probably putting the ball in Derrick Rose’s hands.

RJ should have thrown the ball to a wide open Quickley on the side last night.
RJ has a habit of missing force layup attempts .. RJ has to be 1-3 on those force layup attempts in the past 2 seasons.
We Knicks fan have seen RJ & Randle's millions of mistakes and turnovers down the stretch of games in the past two seasons to know those two players should be the 4th or 5th offensive option late in the 4th quarters of games. It would've been nice to see a play written up for our scoring bench-players Burks or Quickley to take the last shot.
I watched several times in last years FINALS how the Heats bench-player rookie Herro took the last shot, or an important shot down the stretch.
Every time we play the Miami Heats I wish RJ had the Heats 2nd season player Herro's Jumper, or Nunn's play-maker skills or high IQ in ball-movement.
Last night game we were weak at the PF position by protecting the basket of inside scoring, plus our offense rarely bothered to get the ball inside the paint to our center MitchRob to score or draw a foul. Randle showed consistently throughout the game he could not stop or defend either Olynyk or Adebayo.