home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

New York KnicksWashington Wizards
Jared Harper - G league assignment (OUT)Thomas Bryant - Left Knee; Left ACL injury (OUT)
Ignas Brazdeikis - G League assignment (OUT)Bradley Beal - Rest (OUT)
Frank Ntilikina - Health and safety protocols (OUT)Wendell Carter Jr - Tigh(OUT)
--

Game Preview

The Toronto Raptors pounded the Washington Wizards 137-115 on Wednesday night as defense remains a big problem for coach Scott Brooks' team.

Brooks said he liked how hard his team kept working and leading scorer Bradley Beal praised the Wizards for continuing to fight back.

"It's frustrating because we're in games. We have opportunities to win, like, we were down four or six, whatever it was ... we're right there in the game," Beal said. "And all of a sudden I look up and we're down 10. We're down 15. It's like, well. How are these runs happening, and why aren't we closing out games the way we need to? It's always a few mistakes here and there."

The Wizards will try to minimize those mistakes when they host the New York Knicks on Friday night. But they'll do it without Beal, who's getting the night off (rest).

The Wizards need to get away from the problems that have plagued them this season and last -- poor defense. They've got the offense and can score; players such as Beal and Russell Westbrook guarantee that. But they give up points in bunches, hurting their chances to come back in games.

Meanwhile, the Knicks got a few pieces of good news this week. First came the trade that reunited guard Derrick Rose and coach Tom Thibodeau. Rose scored 14 points in 20 minutes in a 98-96 loss at Miami on Tuesday.

"I just wanted to be comfortable," Rose told ESPN. "Like I said, I've been knowing these guys ever since high school, eighth grade, high school, so coming here, like I said, it's family. I never really thought about anything else but really getting here and understanding they wanted me to help grow the young guys they've already got here."

Rose was in the backcourt with rookie point guard Immanuel Quickley for most of the night, a combination that New York hopes will work well.

Rose should be a big addition to a New York offense trying to find its way. He's older now but can certainly run an offense and score points. Or the coaches could bring him off the bench as a powerful tool, which appears to be what Thibodeau wants now.

The Knicks also are going to get some fans at home games, thanks to Gov. Andrew Cuomo. He informed the team earlier this week that it can have some fans when it plays home games at Madison Square Garden.

In a statement, the Knicks said: "We intend to host roughly 2,000 fans at every game, beginning with the Feb. 23 Knicks game against the Warriors."

--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow! No Beal means the Wizards are practically handing the Knicks a win tonight.
Thanks for the Game-Thread Rady ....
Our Knicks Leon Rose & Thibs are trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat by adding Iso-scorer Derek Rose to become a trio-iso offensive-team (Rose RJ and Randle) for the new NBA where inside scoring has become instinct.
Our rookie star Quickley did not have much of a scoring game (2-9 FG attempts) his first outing in the backcourt with D.Rose. Hopefully that change tonight.
Thibs could win more games having Taj Gibson experience at the PF position for 12 to 18 min per game, alongside our weak inconsistent center Noel.
Does rookie Obi Toppin have the skills to rebound, screen, box-out, or block a shot?
In other words, what little we seen of Obi Toppin's performance he showed no skills of being any kind of forward. Maybe he's holding back ???

Rose finds Toppin for the dunk. Why it?s obvious to Rose to throw the ball to Toppin when he is wide open on the baseline, but no one else on our roster can figure that out, is beyond me.

Kiyaman

Legend
Rose finds Toppin for the dunk. Why it?s obvious to Rose to throw the ball to Toppin when he is wide open on the baseline, but no one else on our roster can figure that out, is beyond me.

Obi look better playing alongside MitchRob in the frontcourt, Obi didnt look so well letting little Ish snatch the ball out of his hands

Kiyaman

Legend
Half-Time .. Knicks 53 - Wiz 42
MitchRob has a double-double (10-14) playing 20 min in the first half.
I thought we were gonna lose the lead having Noel on the court.
Payton is the only Knick that scored on all his layup shots 5-7 shooting for 10 pts.
The 2nd unit did well increasing the lead to 1, plus holding onto the 11 pt lead with the help of MitchRob, instead of Noel at center.

Kiyaman

Legend
Gibson too! Gibson stick to inside shots only!
Well, it look like the Knicks got the WIN in this game .. so Thibs let Obi finish the game !!!

Knicks did what you should do against a bad team without one of their best players. Dominant win for the Knicks tonight.

Kiyaman

Legend
109-91 Knicks WIN .. watching PG-Rivers 2 min performance in garbage-time says, "bright move at getting PG-D.Rose.".

The injury to MitchRob will really hurt the team season success, if MitchRob is out for a long length of time. My best defensive players for a win on the Knicks roster are MitchRob & Frank.
No Frank, and no MitchRob means no Knicks win!
I had to take Taj Gibson out of my Knicks winning defense lineup for going outside his natural inside game by hanging out on the perimeter to shoot 3-balls.

Kiyaman

Legend
Mitchell Robinson had 10 points and 14 rebounds, all in the first half before leaving in the second half with a fractured right hand.
A hand injury usually takes 5 to 6 weeks .. how well will the Knicks team do without MitchRob ???

mafra

Legend
Bad break for Mitch and the Knicks. Hopefully, this dispels any notion to sell farm to go for it this year. Being in JJ Redick and play small ball (Obi and Randle at 4-5)... with Rose, JJ, RJ/IQ...

Good win for the Knicks. Nothing is taken for granted with our roster... keep aiming for 30 wins...