i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

Houston Rockets
New York Knicks
John Wall - Left Ankle Sprain (PROB)Mitchell Robinson - Fractured right hand (OUT)
P.J. Tucker - Left Thigh Contusion (QUEST)-
KJ Martin - Assigned to G League (OUT)-
Kevin Porter Jr. - Assigned to G League (OUT)-
Victor Oladipo - Right Foot Strain (OUT)-
Dant? Exum - Right Calf Strain (NWT)-
Christian Wood - Right Ankle Sprain (NWT)-

Game Preview

The Houston Rockets have all but surrendered everything they gained with a six-game winning streak that pushed them above .500 and sparked conversation lauding their improved defense.

The Rockets will attempt to get back on track Friday when they visit the New York Knicks.

On Thursday, Houston blew a 13-point lead to the visiting Miami Heat en route to its fourth consecutive defeat. The Rockets have been without center Christian Wood, their leading scorer and rebounder, during the skid, and there is no end in sight for his return from a right ankle sprain.

Houston lost guard Victor Oladipo (foot) and forward P.J. Tucker (thigh) against the Heat, and neither practiced on Friday as the Rockets prepared for the start of a three-game road trip. Oladipo has been ruled out for Saturday, and uncertainty looms regarding whether he will travel. Tucker is questionable to play at New York.

The Knicks aren't overly concerned about the Rockets' roster woes, though.

"We know that we just have to go out and play our game," Knicks guard Derrick Rose said. "We know that with the guys that are stepping in for those (injured Houston) guys, this is a pro league, everybody's here for a reason.

"So if we go out and match their intensity, play the way we know how to play, we're almost in every game. ... If we go out and do what we're supposed to do, we know it's going to be in our favor, if we go out and play as hard as we can."

Before the Rockets can recover from their injuries, they must address their prolonged stretch of poor play, a run tied to attrition and one that also has revealed cracks in their facade.

"We need to space out and we need to do a better job of getting downhill," Rockets guard John Wall said. "The more we can get stops on the defensive end and push the pace, put a team in a bind where we're not playing half-court sets, (the better the results). But I feel like that all starts with me, so I've just got to do better."

The Knicks also are dealing with a new injury, as starting center Mitchell Robinson broke his right hand Friday during New York's 109-91 win over the visiting Washington Wizards.

Robinson had 10 points and 14 rebounds in 20 first-half minutes, but he didn't return to action after halftime. The timetable for his absence is uncertain.

"It's very tough, it definitely will be tough without him," New York teammate Julius Randle said of Robinson.

Starting with Houston, the Knicks will play seven of its next eight games at Madison Square Garden, a critical stretch in terms of maintaining position in the Eastern Conference playoff picture.

In acquiring Rose this week, the Knicks hope they advanced their playoff aspirations. Rose contributed 14 points and a team-high six assists Friday against the Wizards.

It might require time to rejigger the rotation, but Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau acknowledged plans to play Rose alongside rookie guard Immanuel Quickley as the second-team backcourt.

"You see it often that we have multiple point guards out on the floor," Thibodeau said. "It gives you another ball-handler, a secondary ball-handler, and you can probably include Alec (Burks) in that as well. So it gives us three guys that can go off the dribble and all three are very efficient at pick-and-rolls. I like those guys together.

"Their versatility allows them to actually play with both groups. And so I think we'll see some of that as we go forward as well."

--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

Thanks, Rady.

With MRob out, Noel moves to the starting lineup? Gibson plays center with the 2nd unit. We go small and Knox starts getting minutes again? I guess we?ll see.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game-Thread Rady .... Didnt we play last night! Wsup with our schedule?
I caught a little of the Rockets game vs Heats, and the Heat blew them out their game in the 2nd half.
No MitchRob tonight is BAD for us, lets hope Cousins stay on the perimeter shooting 3-balls, instead of owning the paint. We have to watch out for Gordon & Tucker more than Wall & Olydipo

Broadway

All Star
Our bench might be better than our starters. So far D-Rose addition has been good, there are some cons that exist still but as long as the team wins for now it likely won't matter

Our 2nd unit got us the lead and the starters now back in the game have stretched the lead to 17 points in the 2nd quarter.

Randle continues to play excellent offensively. Hits the buzzer beater and Knicks lead by 16 at the half.

Kiyaman

Legend
uhoh .. Randle's hitting the last-shot of a quarter .... Half-Time Knicks 63 - Rocks 47

The Knicks had a great first-half at the end of a back/back .. Quickley Payton and Rose are adding points, while RJ Barrett's handing out assist after assist are looking real good having a 16 pt lead at the half. First-Unit & 2nd-Unit gets big Props !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Our bench might be better than our starters. So far D-Rose addition has been good, there are some cons that exist still but as long as the team wins for now it likely won't matter

Thibs got Rose to fix our starters .. RJ has 5 assist in the first half (thas a first) !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Uhoh .. Wall notice there's no MitchRob guarding the paint .. Wall gonna get angry if teammate Cousins keep staying out on the perimeter on offense in the 2nd half LOL

Refs calling a lot of fouls on us in the 3rd but at the same time allowing the Rockets to play super physical defense against us. Any which way, two 3-pointers from Quickley have lead back to 12.

Toppin hits a 3 and then takes his man to the hoop in isolation in the low post for another 2 points.

Quickley now 4 for 5 from 3. Lead is 20.

Toppin just threw down a ridiculous one-handed dunk on the lob from Knox. Toppin finishes with 11 points on 5 for 9 shooting in 15 minutes.

Another dominant win for the Knicks to make it back to back.

Knicks improve to 13 - 15 and are now the 7th seed in the East.

Quickley with 22 points in 21 minutes. Rose with 16 points in 23 minutes.

That 2nd unit with Quickley, Rose, Burks, Toppin, and Gibson was the difference tonight. Another nice game for Randle too.

Last year the Knicks were 13 - 34 when we won our 13th game.

This year we start 13 - 15. That is a huge improvement in one season.