Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Sacramento Kings 25/2/2021 7:30 pm [Game #33]

Hard to believe, but in the super tight East we are now tied for the 5th seed and a half game out of the 4th seed.

Kiyaman

Legend
WOW! The Game i miss .. we WIN by scoring 140 pts. Lets Go Knicks!
Plus finally having my Homie Frank on the court for 23 minute of playing-time .. Great! Some one let me know ....
How well did Franks hustle on offense/defense work in Thibs - rotation?
Did Thibs let the Frank & Quickley lineup get decent minute together?

Tonight, our 2nd unit bench player Burks scored 24 pts in 25 minute ..
And our star rookie IQ scored 25 pts in 20 minute.
It looks like Randle's All-Star leadership are given our players the boost to win the games we are suppose to WIN !!!

I used to talk plus/minus every night when I was trying to talk up Ntilikina a couple years ago.

Well, tonight Ntilikina was +17 in 23 minutes tonight, 2nd highest on the team to only Burks who shot the lights out from 3 tonight.

Long story short, if the goal is to win games, I?d love to see Ntilikina get a chance to be a regular in the rotation again.

Kiyaman

Legend
Randle with 21 points, 15 boards, and 4 assists. You almost take what he does every game for granted at this point.

Is Randle one all-star season better than all Melo's season as a Knicks? HECK YEAH !!!
Randle gets a lot of turnovers cause his passing-skills are not up to par, but that hasn't stopped Randle from looking to pass the ball first this season. Melo's selfishness never looked to pass the ball for like 7 or 8 season as a Knick.

Kiyaman

Legend
IQ with 18 already. Somehow Fox awarded another And-1, despite taking 2.5 steps after the foul.
Refs killing NBA
Frank leaves with 5 to go before the half. He drained a 3, drew a charge, and looked good.

Sounds like a lineup having an offense/defense threat from Quickley & Frank benefit well for each player, and the team.
No Payton, and No Rivers in the rotation tonight .. Thibs suprise the Kings by adding Frank in the Knicks rotation tonite to give the Kings their 9th consecutive loss .. will Kings fire their head-coach tonight too?
What are Leon Rose (Thibs) plans for Frank ???

mafra

Legend
Kiya... you missed a season?s best 140! Nearly had 80 in the first half. 49 off the bench from AB/IQ. A Noel missed layup from all 5 starters posting double figures.

SAC NBA worst defense, but I wonder if no EP had an impact.

Yea, Frank is the ideal peace to have in the second unit with IQ and Obi and Rose or AB.

Is it that much of a downgrade to go from Bullock to Knits?

Broadway

All Star
I missed the game...had to work :(

Looks like we went off with D-Rose starting. I said about 10gms he'd get a chance albeit injury due to EP. I see IQ went off nice for him to get back in his bag

mafra

Legend
Rose had 18/6... mid 60% FG and 2-2 from downtown. IQ outplayed Halliburton. But SAC can?t defend.

Let?s see if they beat Indy on Sat, then what they do Sunday and Tuesday in Det and SA. Go 2-1, get to 18-18 (.500 at the halfway Mark) and put pressure on Rose to make a significant improvement to help out playoff hopes.

Good news is, as evident with the big jump in nationally televised games for the second part of this season: the perception is changing, and Thibbs has this team heading on the right path. 30 wins a breeze now.

Side note: was that the last time Frank plays at MsG? Showcased for trade?

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya... you missed a season?s best 140! Nearly had 80 in the first half. 49 off the bench from AB/IQ. A Noel missed layup from all 5 starters posting double figures.

SAC NBA worst defense, but I wonder if no EP had an impact.

Yea, Frank is the ideal peace to have in the second unit with IQ and Obi and Rose or AB.

Is it that much of a downgrade to go from Bullock to Knits?

I'm glad Thibs made the quick change in tonights rotation by adding Frank's defensive skills to the 2nd unit lineup .. because in our last outing vs the Kings, Barnes/Fox/Hield/and Haliburton had no problem scoring at will in the 2nd half of the game for a Kings win.
Our 6.5 Frank's defensive-skills belong in the Knicks rotation .. Thibs have 4 decent double-digit scoring guards in the rotation .. in Rose, RJ, IQ, and Burks. Plus our PF Randle has become our teams highest scoring double-double player on the team.
Giving Frank playing-time night after night in the 2nd-unit alongside Quickley, i believe would make the 2nd unit a threat on offense/defense, plus improve Frank defensive-skills, and improve IQ offensive-skills as a tandem in the lineup. Plus have their teammates start trusting their decision making.

Are Leon Rose (Thibs) going to trade Frank ???

mafra

Legend
Great point. Frank was impactful tonight. He was prepared and took advantage. He needs to practice well and be consistent. EP ain?t no Wally Pip, but I still prefer to see Rose and Frank take over the PG duties.

tiger0330

Legend
I'm glad Thibs made the quick change in tonights rotation by adding Frank's defensive skills to the 2nd unit lineup .. because in our last outing vs the Kings, Barnes/Fox/Hield/and Haliburton had no problem scoring at will in the 2nd half of the game for a Kings win.
Our 6.5 Frank's defensive-skills belong in the Knicks rotation .. Thibs have 4 decent double-digit scoring guards in the rotation .. in Rose, RJ, IQ, and Burks. Plus our PF Randle has become our teams highest scoring double-double player on the team.
Giving Frank playing-time night after night in the 2nd-unit alongside Quickley, i believe would make the 2nd unit a threat on offense/defense, plus improve Frank defensive-skills, and improve IQ offensive-skills as a tandem in the lineup. Plus have their teammates start trusting their decision making.

Are Leon Rose (Thibs) going to trade Frank ???

Great point. Frank was impactful tonight. He was prepared and took advantage. He needs to practice well and be consistent. EP ain’t no Wally Pip, but I still prefer to see Rose and Frank take over the PG duties.
With the trade deadline looming next MAR 25th, you have to think they’re showcasing Nits for some help in the playoff run.

Broadway

All Star
Great point. Frank was impactful tonight. He was prepared and took advantage. He needs to practice well and be consistent. EP ain’t no Wally Pip, but I still prefer to see Rose and Frank take over the PG duties.

Frank showed he's serviceable, what he's shown AT BEST in his brief NBA career but we outclassed the Kings all night. To be expected from a 12-20 team

They still scored 120pts, so obviously defense was of no relevance...nothing has change other than find PT for him so we can trade him BEFORE HE GETS HURT AGAIN!!!

I prefer...

No EP
Start IQ
Trade Knits
D-Rose lead Bench Mob