home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

Indiana PacersNew York Knicks
Malcolm Brogdon - Sore right knee (QUEST)Elfrid Payton - Sore right hamstring (DOUBT)
Caris LeVert - Kidney operation (OUT)Mitchell Robinson - Fractured right hand (OUT)
TJ Warren - Left food injury rehab (OUT)-

Game Preview

The New York Knicks, winners of five of their past seven games, will look to continue their ascent on Saturday when they host the slumping Indiana Pacers.

New York set season highs in points, field-goal percentage (58.6 percent) and 3-pointers (19) in a 140-121 victory over the Sacramento Kings on Thursday.

"It was good, it was cooking," said Knicks forward Julius Randle, who collected 21 points and 14 rebounds. "Everybody was sharing the ball, everybody was scoring, having fun."

Randle averages team-leading totals in points (23.2), rebounds (11.0) and assists (5.5). The first-time All-Star averaged 14.5, 10.0 and 8.5, respectively, as the Knicks split their first two meetings with Indiana this season.

New York rookie Immanuel Quickley erupted for 25 points off the bench on Thursday, a welcome sight considering he was a disastrous 3-for-22 from the floor in his previous three games combined.

"It's all coming together for us," Quickley said. "We've taken a big step as far as offense and defense, but we're not satisfied."

Nor should they be in the eyes of coach Tom Thibodeau, who is preaching a cautious approach for a team that hasn't made the playoffs since the 2012-13 season.

"I don't want us to get lost and get too far ahead. I just want us to concentrate on what's in front of us," Thibodeau said. "I think you begin the season with (a playoff berth) in mind and all the things you have to do.

"You want to build those habits consistently. Practicing well is important, knowing your opponent well. If you start taking away from that and start looking too far down the road, that's when you're going to get clipped and fall."

RJ Barrett had 26 points in New York's season-opening 121-107 road loss to Indiana on Dec. 23 before producing 25 in a 106-102 road win over the Pacers on Jan. 2.

Indiana's Domantas Sabonis collected 32 points and 13 rebounds in the first meeting before adding 13 and 13 in the rematch.

Sabonis earned his second straight NBA All-Star selection on Friday afternoon after being named as a replacement for injured Brooklyn Nets forward Kevin Durant. Sabonis' night didn't end on a happy note, however, as the Pacers fell for the seventh time in 10 games, losing 118-112 to the host Boston Celtics.

Sabonis fell just short of his 25th double-double of the season, recording 24 points and nine assists on Friday. Justin Holiday added 19 points for Indiana while Myles Turner had 17 points and 10 rebounds, but the Pacers shot just 39.3 percent from the floor while allowing the Celtics to shoot 51.2 percent.

"We just got to keep grinding it, keep playing hard," Pacers coach Nate Bjorkgren said. "I like the shots we had late, I like the fight in our guys. We got down there nine or 10, and we kept coming back."

Pacers forward JaKarr Sampson missed the Friday game due to health and safety protocols. Although Sampson is not with the team at the moment, Bjorkgren told reporters that he "will be soon."

--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

mafra

Legend
Big game for NYK, as we reach the midway point...

1-1 vs Indy. Battle for season series. Fighting for the 4-10 spots together. Knicks playing relevant ball and it's almost March!

TOR, MIA, NY, BOS, CHO, CHa all with 17 losses. Indy with 16. All battling for the 4-10 spots.

Indy has struggled in FEB, but have played well on second leg of a back2back. If RJ played Indy 82 times, he would be LeBron. So, what RJ shows up today? New starting lineup continue to jolt the offense? Will Frank be consistent?

This is for the season series! Let?s go!

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game-Thread Rady .... I'm glad Sabonis are replacing Durant in the All-Star game, I believe he would have erupted our chances to be a .500 team, cause coaches picked Randle over him for the all-star game. Sabonis will play his regular double-double game tonight.
I was hoping to see Levert in a Pacers jersey tonight ...

mafra

Legend
90 seconds left in the first quarter.... NYK have 19 points. Only 2 FT attempts. Shooting 8-21. That 140 result of Sac sucking... not bc of Rose starting.

No offense from starters or the bench.

TBH, if not for AB scoring 20 in fourth we lose.

32-19 and Indy is much more energetic. Can tell what will happen. Third Q Indy pulls away. We have a fake comeback and lose by 8.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm hoping Obi know we need all the defensive rebounds .. we also need to score on all our shots at the FT line vs the Pacers .. Pacers lost yesterday to Boston they want a win tonight

mafra

Legend
One of those games again, where they hack us and no call and we barely touch them and quick whistle. 16 to 6 FT disparity already.

This is gonna be a slow death and a miserable evening.

46-30

Broadway

All Star
Sloppy game by us so far first half. Finally got a decent call but we need to do a better job attacking the rim to draw contact. We're amongst the worst in the league doing this

mafra

Legend
RJ drains a few 3s... we rally back and had a few chances to take the lead...

Rose hits a 3 at the buzzer... and at the break... Knicks up 2... 54-52, thanks to a 24-6 run ...

Why? We stepped up defense and Rose the energy level

Kiyaman

Legend
Taj Gibson is out with an ankle injury .. Yikes!
Burks get ur head into the game.

Thibs should have let the 2nd unit lineup stay in longer to keep the speed of the tempo high before putting the starters back in .. Keven Knox 3-ball sighting, hooray .. Rose defense was awesome in the last 3 min of the half.
Clutch shot by Rose takes a Knick lead for Half-Time .. Knicks 54 - Pacers 52

Wow. I don?t think I have ever seen an NBA head coach charge across half court after a ref like that. Pacers? head coach gets the tech.

We lead by 3 going into the 4th but I feel like we are going to fumble this one away if our guys don?t wake up. Lots of slow and sloppy play.