Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Philly 76ers - 3/16/21

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks for the game thread htr10. Couldn't watch and am only able to catch the box score occasionally but the Knicks hold a 82-73 lead at the end of 3. Knicks showing they belong in the EC race with a solid performance against the Nets and perhaps a win against the Sixers.

mafra

Legend
Knicks 14-22 from FT like. Have 5 fourth quarter points with 3:19 left, and Harris is closing while Randle isn?t...

Tie game. 92-92

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the game thread htr10. Couldn't watch and am only able to catch the box score occasionally but the Knicks hold a 82-73 lead at the end of 3. Knicks showing they belong in the EC race with a solid performance against the Nets and perhaps a win against the Sixers.

Thanks for the game thread htr10 .. I'm late to the game .. Aiight, No Embiid!

mafra

Legend
Harris, the supposed third best player on a title worthy team, is laughing at Randle.

Julius a great story, but Randle is the third best option on a title worthy team... if even that. He and RJ, sadly enough, are probably both the 4th best player on a title worthy team.

Harris more rested, so I give him that. And Randle gets no calls.

But this is a bad loss, up 9 to start the 4th and no Embiid.

We missed 8 free throws and this is why we lost. Harris felt he got snubbed from all star game and he stuck it to Randle...

If we fall to 1-3 after break, season is over folks.

mafra

Legend
RJ missing shots left and right down the stretch. Good looks tho. So, the fade begins... 1-3 and we may not see us above .500 rest of the way. We made it to 3/16 tho, playing competitive basketball.

mafra

Legend
Last night we lose bc Randle has an up-down, then tonight after IQ misses the shot and we get the rebound, Bullock steps out of bounds trying to tie game with a 3...

We are simply awful down the stretch. We can only beat the bad teams, when we can win comfortable.

Knic fans, your 2020-2021 season just died tonight. We move on to next season.

Badly outplayed in the 4th quarter. Knicks had their chances right up until the final seconds but missed a bunch of big shots. Lose by 3.

Broadway

All Star
Not sure if Bullock was truly out of bounds there...call was a little delayed since she had a clear view. It was close though

Good news is that MRob is cleared for contact. Rose should return soon. Getting those 2 back plus Payton returning should help us get back on track. Ntilikina is not a viable option. 3rd straight game of zero points.

Even with all the injuries, Knicks are still playing 0.500 over their last 10. With 31 games to play, we remain right in the thick of things for a mid seed in the East.

Tobias Harris one of the most underrated players in the game. His 30 points tonight plus playing the role of a true 4th quarter closer is a wake up call for our guys about what you need to do to win a game against a top team.

mafra

Legend
Knicks back in 8th seed, where they belong. 4 game homestand, vs ORL, PHI (without Embiid), then 2 vs WAS

3-1 or we are fading quickly

mafra

Legend
Philly 14-0 vs NY since 2017. Would be nice to beat them at MsG this weekend. NBA top head2head dominance.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow .. when I start watching the game the Knicks fail a part.
Well, I did get a chance to watch the final 6 min of the game to calculate Thibs crunch-time players, and crunch-time plan.
To me, Thibs crunch-time plan, and sorry plays down the stretch STINK!
Philly coach Doc Rivers didnt have a winning plan, until Thibs gave him one.
Tonight, I learn to take Bullocks out of the game for good when he gets 5 fouls, Why?
Tobias Harris scored at will against Bullocks weak defense consecutive times to stretch Philly's one point lead. I also got a chance to watch Thibs 6 min crunch-time finisher lineup ..

RJ Barrett .. miss to many 10 ft shots plus always crumble under pressure.
Bullocks .. scared to get 6th foul, let Harris score 6 straight points to take lead & win.
Noel .. to weak (mental/physical) to be a closer down the stretch.
Burks .. to inconsistent on both sides of the court to be a closer.
Randle .. all he know is Hero-Ball down the stretch.
I was happy to see IQ take the last shot, I only wish Bullocks would've pass the ball back to a open IQ (having 7 seconds), rather than backup out of bounds to take the 3-ball shot.

i

Kiyaman

Legend
Tobias Harris one of the most underrated players in the game. His 30 points tonight plus playing the role of a true 4th quarter closer is a wake up call for our guys about what you need to do to win a game against a top team.

I would've resign Butler, instead of Harris if I was their GM.
Bullock played like a B.... once he got his 5th foul letting Harris score at will down the stretch.
Randle would've had a better scoring game, if Howard didn't stop his inside scoring.

Kiyaman

Legend
Good news is that MRob is cleared for contact. Rose should return soon. Getting those 2 back plus Payton returning should help us get back on track. Ntilikina is not a viable option. 3rd straight game of zero points.

Even with all the injuries, Knicks are still playing 0.500 over their last 10. With 31 games to play, we remain right in the thick of things for a mid seed in the East.

When Thibs pulled Frank out the game the Knicks had a 87-80 lead with 7 min remaining in the game.
Frank gives the Knicks STOPS on defense.
Quickley gives the Knicks quick scoring.
The two guards belong in the same lineup!

Recall .. Phil drafted Frank to put in the back-court along side D.Rose high scoring.
It was the return of D.Rose this season that turned the Knicks into a .500 performing team.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thibs & Woodson ......
The way we haven’t been able to score in the last 6 minutes of the game, in the past 2 games (without Rose scoring) in the offense, has been a let down against playoff teams.
Our looks have been terrible, and it’s beyond the opponent.
It’s been sad to watch Randle, RJ and Burks try to penetrate while there is no ball movement for offense, and non-movement plays for players without the ball, to much iso .. in the final 6 minute of a game.