home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

Orlando MagicNew York Knicks
Terrence Ross - Sore right knee (QUEST)Immanuel Quickley - Sore left anle (OUT)
Aaron Gordon - Spraned left ankle (QUEST) (OUT)Elfrid Payton - Sore right hamstring (QUEST)
Evan Fournier - Groin injury (QUEST) (OUT)Austin Rivers - Birth of child (OUT)
James Ennis - Sore left calf (OUT)Derrick Rose - Health and safety protocols (OUT)
Cole Anthony - Fractured rib (OUT)Mitchell Robinson - Right hand surgery (OUT)
Markelle Fultz - Left ACL tear (OUT)-
Jonathan Isaac - Left ACL tear (QUEST)-

Game Preview

While the New York Knicks can accept some solace about engaging in tight games that went down to the final seconds against the two best teams in the Eastern Conference, they will keep feeling frustrated if they wind up discussing another tight defeat.

The Knicks try to shake off back-to-back losses against the Brooklyn Nets and Philadelphia 76ers Thursday night when they host the struggling Orlando Magic.

The Knicks are hoping to avoid falling two games under .500 for the first time since they were 15-17 following a 114-106 loss to the Golden State Warriors on Feb. 23. Before losing in Brooklyn and Philadelphia, the Knicks had won six of nine games.

On Monday, the Knicks nearly erased an 18-point deficit before losing 117-112 to the Nets. A night later, they faded in the fourth quarter in a 99-96 loss to the 76ers by getting outscored 26-14 and missing 14-of-19 shots.

"Taking a look at this game and the Brooklyn game, there's a lot of good things to take from it," New York coach Tom Thibodeau said. "Obviously, we fell short in the end. It shows us the work necessary to get over the hump. But the last two games you're on the road against a Brooklyn and Philadelphia, and it comes down to the last possession."

Julius Randle scored 33 points Monday when he also was called for a late traveling call before attempting a 3-pointer. On Tuesday, he scored 19 in 40:35 but also scored just one point after getting his shot blocked by Dwight Howard and crashing to the floor midway through the fourth quarter.

The Knicks engaged in tight games with elite foes while continuing to play short-handed. Derrick Rose (health and safety protocols) missed a sixth straight game while Elfrid Payton (hamstring) sat for the seventh time in nine games, and both could be out again Thursday.

The Magic are on their first eight-game skid since dropping nine straight from Dec. 8-26, 2017, but are at least getting some of their injured pieces back to the practice floor that could result in returns to game action.

Aaron Gordon and Evan Fournier returned to practice this week and could play Thursday.

Gordon has missed the last two games with a sore left ankle that he initially sprained Jan. 31, which caused him to miss 15 games before returning a week ago in Miami. Fournier has missed the last four games with a strained groin, and Orlando is 3-15 in the 18 games he has missed due to injury.

Even if Fournier and Gordon return, the Magic are banking on another big night from two-time All-Star Nikola Vucevic, who is averaging 25 points and posted double-doubles in helping Orlando split the first two meetings with New York.

Vucevic has scored at least 24 points in his last seven games and was optimistic after scoring 38 points in Sunday's 102-97 loss to Miami when the Magic committed a season-worst 23 turnovers.

"Being so short-handed for such a long time, having guys playing out of position and everything, for us to still bring it and play and compete every night, staying in games for the most part, I just told them to stay with it," Vucevic said. "Hopefully, things will turn around for us soon and we'll get some guys back. I was still proud of the effort the guys put in."

--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for missing out on the last couple, had some full days. This is a must win, need to get back to .500, can't afford to drop now.

Knicks lead by 1 at the half. Randle passing the ball well. Ntilikina playing good defense. But, what we really need, is someone to start knocking down shots.

Here we go! Here we go! Knicks come out of the half strong with 2 threes from Ntilikina and 1 from RJ. Randle with 14 assists early in the 3rd quarter. Knicks lead by 11.

Let?s go!

It hasn?t all been pretty, but Ntilikina is playing ultra aggressive on both ends. He has 10 points, which with his defense, is probably all he needs to be worth getting regular minutes.

Randle with 11 points, 15 assists, and 9 boards late in the 3rd quarter. Knicks lead by 11. Need to find a way to put Orlando away. Can?t let another late double digit lead fall away.

Randle with his 3rd triple double of the season.

Knicks with a big 4th quarter run. Lead by 2 with less than 50 seconds to go and the ball.

Knicks mob Bullock on the court to celebrate like we just won a championship! Man, I like this team. This is a fun team to watch.

Randle with 18 points, 17 assists, and 10 boards.

Burks with 21. Bullock with 20. RJ with 17. Ntilikina with 13.

Classic showing from a Thibs team. Get it done with whatever guys who are willing to step up.