Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Orlando Magic 21/3/2021 7:00 pm [Game #43]

Knicks playing like a ****roach tonight refusing to die. They get a bucket, a stop, and a bucket and lead by 1 with 1:47 to go. Great game.

Damn. We had this one won but with that lose ball foul call, Sixers get a chance to tie and take the lead with only 5 seconds to go. Man, that stinks.

mafra

Legend
Refs bet heavy on PHI tonight. This is obvious. The fact they rules PHI ball at end of regulation is proof of that. High School refs make that call easily.

To quote The Matrix: ?Not like this.?

Refs stole it from us. We had it won. Up by 1. Secured rebound. 5 seconds to go. Refs give Philly a phantom lose ball foul call. They hit 2 FTs. Knicks lose. Have a good night. I just can?t with this one. I?m out.

mafra

Legend
Knicks shot 13-23 from FT line. They missed 10 free throws, in a game they lose by 1.

And, how do you allow 3 made three pointers in OT, when you are supposedly the best perimeter defensive team.

But what makes me want to scream... why have replay? Knicks are told they couldn?t review a bogus loose ball foul bc mass confusion with refs over timeouts.

If you can?t review a 50/50 call in final seconds then get rid of all replay reviews!!!!

Oh, and they didn't score in the final 1:10 of OT

mafra

Legend
They keep talking about how NY battled,
Lost 3 times to the best teams in EC this week... but we?re right there.

Stop!!!! That narrative is complete BS.

We lost to PHI twice with no Embiid and Nets without Durant. And, these teams slept walked thru the game. When good teams play us it is a day of rest. They laugh at us. If game is somehow close, then they turn on the effort in the 4th to escape with a win

We are YEARS away from being competitive, let alone title-Worthy. I say we will won?t even approach being good with roster as presently constructed, no matter development. We can?t score and this is a make-basket league.

So tired of the moral Victories.

When all is said and done, we Still a team that can?t make playoffs with almost the entire conference qualifies.

Broadway

All Star
Randle doesn?t mince words.
Man just incurred a fine. He trashed the refs.

They can keep crying along with the fans but whether it?s Lebron, Lillard, Mitchell, George, Randle along with a host of coaches unless there is a real resolve to address the real issues nothing will change

Complaining in season literally solves nothing. They need to take all this negative energy(let?s say all of it is valid) and start an initiative in the OFF-SEASON to address it

I?ve never in my many, many, many, yrs of watching basketball seen players or coaches publicly complain about reffing and their teams fair well afterwards...I mean literally NEVER!!!

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
With that being said, we are a MEDIOCRE basketball team, with some bright spots

We need to make about 2 more moves to solidify us as a true threat. Definitely need to trim the fat on roster, come to a finale on the pg situation, find a player who complements Randle and RJ

mafra

Legend
And Thibs fed into it too.

How about try not missing 10 free throws attempts. I would bet the stat ain?t good, a team?s winning % if they miss 10 or more FTs.

mafra

Legend
With that being said, we are a MEDIOCRE basketball team, with some bright spots

We need to make about 2 more moves to solidify us as a true threat. Definitely need to trim the fat on roster, come to a finale on the pg situation, find a player who complements Randle and RJ

I do think we sign Andre Drummond and Lonzo Ball. Then, we have 2 first rounders, an early second, MItch, Knox, Toppin... that is some trade ammo for elite SG/SF scorer/shooter...

Or, maybe the Nj uncle convinces Kawhi to opt out...

Ball
RJ
Kawhi
Randle
Drummond

Broadway

All Star
I do think we sign Andre Drummond and Lonzo Ball. Then, we have 2 first rounders, an early second, MItch, Knox, Toppin... that is some trade ammo for elite SG/SF scorer/shooter...

Or, maybe the Nj uncle convinces Kawhi to opt out...

Ball
RJ
Kawhi
Randle
Drummond

I?m not chasing anymore Superstar Stories those are a decade of stale milk running. If one shows up, so be it but ain?t no way I?m buying anything DA MEDIA attempts to sell there

Drummond and Ball would be excellent pickups btw, although not sure what it?ll take to get both. One of them stands a chance to be moved this week. So if we have our eyes set on them let?s do something instead of always talking about what we might do

mafra

Legend
Drummond may be released soon and Ball is RFA. I think we can simply sign both without surrendering anything.

If we want to ensure we get both, it will probably cost us Knox, Toppin and a pick
Or 2. I?m with you... go get these 2.

It won?t cost a Melo type haul, and you ensure you get both.

With Ball, RJ, Randle and Drummond... we are officially relevant