Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Orlando Magic 21/3/2021 7:00 pm [Game #43]

Broadway

All Star
Drummond may be released soon and Ball is RFA. I think we can simply sign both without surrendering anything.

If we want to ensure we get both, it will probably cost us Knox, Toppin and a pick
Or 2. I?m with you... go get these 2.

It won?t cost a Melo type haul, and you ensure you get both.

With Ball, RJ, Randle and Drummond... we are officially relevant

I doubt we can get both by sitting on our hands and doing nothing. In Ball?s case he?s playing himself into receiving a contract, he?s been really good lately. I?d trade for him honestly...Clippers are lurking heavy

Drummond we could get off waivers(if he wants to sign here) but again that?s a sign M-Rob is about done here. I envision he?ll make a move based on which team he can showcase himself for a new deal in a winning position

mafra

Legend
I only sign Drummond bc I realize I need a young trade asset to build a package around AND if I made the evaluation that I want to sell high (on an injury-prone, offensively deficient big). I?m not saying I believe it, but this is a decision Rose/Perry must reach.

Drummond fits with the age timeline and would work with Randle. We would have a really physical team... but, does he fit the defensive scheme? He is a local
Kid.

After LaVar sounded off, CHi and ATL made their offers:

?According to The Ringer, the Pelicans are seeking at least one lottery pick. The Hawks offered a package centered on 2019 lottery pick Cam Reddish. The Bulls offered Tomas Satoranasky and multiple second-round picks.?

Sounds like Lonzo prefers to stay there and make a run this year, then focus on free agency. I think his choice boils down to LAC or NY. Not sure about their cap situation, but if we offer 4/80... NO won?t match.

I think Lonzo Ball should be our top target. Knox, Toppin, a first and future second. Something to ensure it happens.

I am also cool rolling dice and seeing what happens this summer, trying to get him
For free.

I do not want to trade assets for vets at the deadline, to make a run at the 10 seed. Just keep Frank for that. Knox and Toppin are worthless, so they could be dealt for trash... but what is the point?

mafra

Legend
I can?t find the highlight anywhere yet.... but my Buddy said Randle pushed Harris. It may not have been much, but when you are a big (PF/C) and you push a SF... they?ll always call it...

What bothered me was Randle pulling up on that final possession. Take it strong to the cup and force the refs to make a call. Instead, he plows into the paint, then steps back and pulls up (for an terribly inefficient shot). Analytics loath those long 2 attempts for a reason.

He had the step, but instead of finishing strong... he pulled back and CLANK. So, don?t go cry to refs afterwards!!!!

mafra

Legend
Mitchell Robinson appeared to twist his ankle during his first game back in the Knicks? lineup since Feb. 12.

The 7-foot center returned after missing 15 games with a broken hand, scoring four points with six rebounds in 17 minutes off the bench in the Knicks? 101-100 overtime loss Sunday to Philadelphia.

Robinson also hobbled off the court in the fourth quarter. He was attended to by a trainer on the bench and didn?t return to the game.

mafra

Legend
Ben Simmons has never lost to the Knicks...

The last time the New York Knicks beat the Philadelphia 76ers was the 2017 season finale ? Marshall Plumlee, Chasson Randle, Justin Holiday, Sasha Vujačić and Mindaugas Kuzminskas bested Justin Anderson, Richaun Holmes, Alex Poythress, T.J. McConnell and Timothy Luwawu-Cabarrot. The losing streak is now 15 and will endure until at least next season after the Sixers squeaked out a 101-100 overtime win at Madison Square Garden.

Kiyaman

Legend
I doubt we can get both by sitting on our hands and doing nothing. In Ball?s case he?s playing himself into receiving a contract, he?s been really good lately. I?d trade for him honestly...Clippers are lurking heavy

Drummond we could get off waivers(if he wants to sign here) but again that?s a sign M-Rob is about done here. I envision he?ll make a move based on which team he can showcase himself for a new deal in a winning position

Drummond cost to much to trade for, plus when the Cavs buy Drummond out he will go West to sign with the Lakers or Clippers.
And I dont believe any of the Balls (Lonzo/Melo) could help the Knicks. Why?
Thibs created a monster from our low IQ Hero-Ball Randle.
The Knicks scouting report has Randle averaging close to 40 minute per game, plus Randle like leading the point on practically every Knicks offensive-possession. Which has become one of the Knicks team biggest flaws from Randle's decision-making, and two handed telegraph passes, plus the hero-ball tactic of dribbling toward 2 or 3 defenders in the paint to take a jumper.
The Knicks PG Payton, Rivers, and Rose could not stop Randle from getting a touch of the ball on every offensive-possession.
Last night, Philly coach Rivers put his defensive trio (Simmons Green Howard) on Randle at the start of the game having the Knicks only score 16 pts in the 1st quarter, and Randle shooting 7-23 for the game.
I was happy when D.Rose joined the Knicks, to have a better 2nd option on offense than inconsistent RJ Barrett, plus take the ball out of Randle hands.

mafra

Legend
Lonzo is a pass first PG. if you don?t have a point dominate alpha, then you better get a playmaking orchestra leader... Ball is a taller version of kidd... His defense and shooting continues to improve. NYK need a PG... seems like the ideal fit, unless we land a top pick in draft and we draft a PG.