home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

Philadelphia 76ersNew York Knicks
Ben Simmons - Sore left knee (QUEST)Immanuel Quickley - Sore left anle (QUEST)
Seth Curry - Sprained left ankle (OUT) (OUT)Elfrid Payton - Sore right hamstring (QUEST)
Joel Embiid - Left knee bone bruise (QUEST) (OUT)Austin Rivers - Birth of child (OUT)
-Derrick Rose - Health and safety protocols (OUT)
-Mitchell Robinson - Right hand surgery (QUEST)

Game Preview

The New York Knicks climbed back to .500 Thursday night despite missing their top four options at point guard. Meanwhile, all the Philadelphia 76ers had to do to retain sole possession of first place in the Eastern Conference on Saturday night was win without three of their leading scorers.

Those teams hope to take the court at something closer to 100 percent on Sunday night, when the longtime rivals are scheduled to meet in New York.

The 76ers will be completing a back-to-back set after overcoming the absence of their trio of starters by cruising past the Sacramento Kings 129-105.

It was their seventh win in the last eight games, and they have a one-game lead over the Brooklyn Nets in the race for the top seed in the Eastern Conference. Beating the Kings at less than full strength inspires thoughts of what the Sixers can do when they're fielding their optimal lineup.

The 76ers headed into Saturday knowing they'd be without leading scorer Joel Embiid -- who entered ranked third in the NBA in scoring at 29.9 points per game and seventh in rebounding at 11.5 boards per game -- as well as their fifth-leading scorer, Seth Curry.

Embiid missed his fourth straight game due to a left knee bruise, while Curry was sidelined with a sprained left ankle suffered in Wednesday's 109-105 overtime loss to the Milwaukee Bucks.

But the 76ers also played without point guard Ben Simmons, who is battling a sore left knee and was listed as probable before being scratched. Simmons is averaging 15.9 points, 8.0 rebounds and 7.8 assists per game.

Despite the missing stars, Philadelphia never trailed against the Kings and led by as many as 36 points in the second half.

"No Ben, no Joel and no Seth, and we score 129 points?" 76ers head coach Doc Rivers said. "I think that says a lot about our team."

The Knicks ended a two-game losing streak Thursday when Reggie Bullock's steal with five seconds left preserved a 94-93 victory over the visiting Orlando Magic.

The Knicks' point guard ranks have been battered by a variety of factors. Starter Elfrid Payton has missed the last four games due to a strained right hamstring, while Derrick Rose, acquired from the Detroit Pistons on Feb. 7 to provide some veteran experience for a youthful contender, has sat out the last seven games because of coronavirus protocols.

Rose could be cleared to return Sunday.

Rookie Immanuel Quickley, who has provided a spark off the bench for the Knicks before missing Thursday's game with an injured left ankle, could also return Sunday. Austin Rivers, the son of Doc Rivers, is another option for New York, but he hasn't played since Feb. 13 and recently returned home for the birth of his son.

Frank Ntilikina started at point guard Thursday and scored 12 of his 13 points in the second half as the Knicks improved to 21-21 and matched their win total from last season. New York, which hasn't made the playoffs since 2013, enters Sunday in sixth place in the East.

"We have more than enough to win with, and we have guys that can play multiple positions," Knicks head coach Tom Thibodeau said Thursday night. "When you're called upon, get out there and play well."

--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Rady .. Thanks for the tricky Game Thread .. The Title and date need to change from Fridays Magics to Sunday showdown vs Embiidless-Philly 76ers.

A must WIN Knicks game .. No Embid, and No Seth Curry.

Kiyaman

Legend
Halftime ... Knicks 42 - Philly 43

For a second in the first half we were playing like Shaat, i thought we were only gonna score 60 pt in this game .. We came back twice

This game was all Philly until a great Knicks run to close out the 1st half. Knicks look fired up tonight, but need to play smart too. MRob and Quickley both back definitely helps the rotation.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks coach Thibs are going with the starters, and they are playing like starters in the 2nd half .. Knicks 58 - 76ers 54 .. 3 min remain in 3rd qtr.

Neither team can solve the other team?s defense. Score is tied at only 64 after 3 quarters. First guy who gets hot is going to win it for his team.

mafra

Legend
Will we fall to 0-15 against PHI (last 15 games)? I?m gonna venture to guess we are due to finally beat them. But, I don?t say it with confidence...

mafra

Legend
No Embiid, Simmons has 12 points (6-14), Harris has 13 (4-14 shooting), yet Knicks still trail by 2 with 7 left.

mafra

Legend
79-73... after Frank loses Green and he drains a 3... we can?t beat PHI. We might as well forfeit and save our legs. The last win vs PHI came in 2017.

mafra

Legend
Knicks have just 18 points off the bench. Waste of a lottery pick Toppin hardly played again. So much for the most NBA ready prospect. That will always make me laugh... I still can?t believe we took him 8th. Wow.

It?s like we did a draft a stash for a 22 year old from powerhouse program Dayton.

Well, after we drop back2back against WAS, we can get back to lottery talk.

Exciting 4th quarter. Defense has been stellar tonight. We?ve had our chances but keep coming up short on offense.

Knicks play good defense again but Green hits the clutch shot. Knicks need a 3 to tie with 19 seconds to go.

Refs take a lot of crap in every game, but I will say this tonight, down a ref due to COVID protocol, the 2 refs tonight have done a good job keeping the game under control.