NBA Trade Deadline is Thursday, 03/25 3PM EST

mafra

Legend
NBA Central
@CavsQuebrada
?
1h
Report: The Cleveland Cavaliers and the New York Knicks are in advanced talks on a potential Andre Drummond deal. Kevin Knox would be sent to Cleveland.

(This appears to be a fake account...)

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Mitch sprained his ankle, and by this news is most likely headed back to the DL.

Expect Lonzo Ball pursuit this week (and again come free agency).... and a small deal, a play fo a shooter like Redick, if the opportunity presents itself.

If NO is smart, they get Mitch and Obi and Frank and a draft pick for a guy who will walk in a few months.

I think the plan is to acquire Drummond and Ball and use whatever fat is left over to target your 1A scoring star....

mafra

Legend
Stuff

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/03/fischers-latest-graham-hornets-mavs-fournier-knicks-more.html

The Knicks have signaled interest in using their $15MM in cap room to accommodate a three-team deal, per Fischer. Some people within the team?s front office are against the idea of surrendering any draft assets for a player who could be signed this summer.
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/03/latest-on-norman-powell.html

The Knicks are also considered a possible suitor for Powell, with one team official referring to the high-scoring wing as a "perfect Tom Thibodeau player," Fischer writes. New York still has over $15MM in cap room and could theoretically acquire Powell without including any outgoing salary.
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/03/lowes-latest-wolves-bulls-bucks-rivers-vucevic-nuggets-more.html

The Bucks will peruse the trade and buyout markets for a backup guard after trading D.J. Augustin, and Lowe suggests Knicks guard Austin Rivers is a target to watch. Rivers is a buyout candidate if New York doesn?t trade him by Thursday afternoon.

mafra

Legend
Fischer writes that you?d be ?hard-pressed? to find an executive around the NBA who doesn?t think Drummond would sign with the Lakers as a free agent. Meanwhile, ESPN?s Brian Windhorst conveyed a similar sentiment on his latest Hoop Collective podcast.

?The league believes, and I know that?s a vague statement, but I?m saying it that way to avoid trapping myself,? Windhorst said, per RealGM. ?The league believes, numerous teams I?ve talked to believe that Andre Drummond is heading for the Lakers if ? slash when ? he gets bought out.?

It?s worth noting that the Lakers would be limited to offering Drummond the veteran?s minimum in free agency, while the Nets and other potential suitors could go significantly higher using various mid-level or disabled player exceptions. Still, unless the 27-year-old gives up a significant chunk of what?s left on his $28.75MM salary this season, I?d expect him to prioritize his potential role and fit with a new team over a little extra money.

mafra

Legend
Knicks Rumors: Fournier, Oladipo, Rivers, Henson, Pelle
March 23rd, 2021 at 11:42am CST ? By Luke Adams
The Knicks still seem more likely than not to forgo making a major trade at this week?s deadline, according to Ian Begley of SNY.tv. Besides not wanting to surrender major assets in a deal, the Knicks are also reluctant to disrupt the chemistry the current group has established, Begley explains.

Still, the team continues to monitor some of the more notable names available on the trade market. For instance, both Begley and Vincent Goodwill of Yahoo Sports cite Evan Fournier as a possible target. Goodwill suggests New York is monitoring Fournier, while Begley says the club recently had a conversation with Magic about the veteran wing. It?s unclear if any progress was made in those talks, Begley notes.

Here?s more on the Knicks:

Although the Knicks have been linked to Victor Oladipo and Lonzo Ball, a trade for either guard seems unlikely unless the asking price drops significantly, writes Begley. That?s not entirely out of the question in Oladipo?s case. David Aldridge, Kelly Iko, and Danny Leroux of The Athletic cited one executive who offered the following assessment on the Oladipo trade market: ?I think they (the Rockets) will be selling very low on this, and possibly lower than anyone can imagine right now.?
Begley confirms that a trade or buyout of Austin Rivers seems probable, as ESPN?s Zach Lowe suggested on Monday. If the team opens up a roster spot by moving Rivers, John Henson and Norvel Pelle are among the candidates the team would consider to fill it, sources tell SNY.
Within his Knicks trade deadline primer, Mike Vorkunov of The Athletic weighs which players currently on the roster are the top candidates to be moved and proposes hypothetical deals for Oladipo and Norman Powell.

mafra

Legend
I read a report that said we talking to NO, and even are considering absorbing Eric Bledsoe?s contract for a first rounder or are also trying to get a third team involved, to take EB, as we look to grab Lonzo.

Some in Ny are wondering about cost for Ball, since he?s a RFA this summer and if he?s really the PG of the future. Stay tuned. 24 hours left.

Kiyaman

Legend
So far the Knicks FO has been quiet on pulling off a trade a day before the deadline. Good!
I dont want a Knicks trade.
I really want to see how many KEEPERS for next season Thibs/Woodson/and Payton coaching could pull from a season roster ???

mafra

Legend
Ian Begley
@IanBegley
From earlier: NYK-ORL talked recently about deal involving Fournier; teams in touch w/NYK were under impression that chemistry of current Knicks' group will factor in NYK moves; John Henson, Norvel Pelle among players on radar if NYK opens roster spot:

tiger0330

Legend
I doubt Rose makes a significant move like acquiring Dip or Drum. We were in need of shooting but I think the Knicks go the rest of the way riding the coat tails of Burks and Bull and hoping JR can continue hitting his 3s.

I see Rivers as a buyout candidate and I hope we can trade Nits for a second round draft pick. Ridiculous to keep Ntilikina, he’s shown minimal improvement over his 3 seasons with the Knicks unlike RJ who has made strides on both sides of the ball, that euro step move going to his right and laying the ball up right handed against the Wiz being an example of why you can’t force him to his weak hand anymore.

mafra

Legend
Hard to disagree; Bullock and Burks are probably on the level of most of the vets names we?ve been associated with. Why risk messing with team chemistry for a lateral move... you know, making a move for the mere appearance of trying to do something.

I see no reason for Drummond (unless I had a deal in place to flip MRob for a player I covet and I know he was the cost).

Knicks should let the season ride, as originally intended, and either make playoffs or qualify for lottery based in the roster?s merit.

Be active, sure, but be smart. Think both small and long term...

Get an Oladipo for something cheap...
A Powell... again, if the cost is minimal... why it.

I?m not even sold Ball is the answer. Maybe they have a bigger dream for PG?

mafra

Legend
The Knicks are interested in Lonzo Ball and have the cap space to keep him in free agency, Pincus adds. The price could be Frank Ntilikina, Kevin Knox and possibly the Mavericks? 2021 first-round pick.
Spurs guard DeMar DeRozan is also high on the Knicks? wish list, states A. Sherrod Blakely of Bleacher Report.

tiger0330

Legend
The Knicks are interested in Lonzo Ball and have the cap space to keep him in free agency, Pincus adds. The price could be Frank Ntilikina, Kevin Knox and possibly the Mavericks’ 2021 first-round pick.
Spurs guard DeMar DeRozan is also high on the Knicks‘ wish list, states A. Sherrod Blakely of Bleacher Report.

I'd do that deal for Ball esp since the Mavs have righted the ship and that pick looks like a 20+ pick again. Not interested in DeRozan though.

mafra

Legend
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
?
5m
Orlando is trading Nikola Vucevic Al-Farouq Aminu to Chicago, sources tell ESPN.

Wendell Carter Jr., Otto Porter and two first-round picks have been traded to the Magic in a deal sending Nikola Vucevic and Al-Farouq Aminu to the Bulls.

mafra

Legend
The Celtics are finalizing a deal to acquire Evan Fournier from the Magic for a pair of second-round picks.