NBA Trade Deadline is Thursday, 03/25 3PM EST

tiger0330

Legend
The Celtics are finalizing a deal to acquire Evan Fournier from the Magic for a pair of second-round picks.

Fournier makes 17M so someone has to go from the Celts to obtain EF. Smarts salary fits the bill but the Celts wouldn't dare trade their best defensive player, so TT and filler would be my guess.

mafra

Legend
The full Sixers-Thunder-Knicks deal, per league source:

Philly gets: George Hill, Iggy Brazdeikis

OKC gets: Tony Bradley, Philly's 2nd round picks in 2025 and 2026, and Austin Rivers

Knicks get: Terrance Ferguson, Vincent Poirier, 2021 2nd round pick from Philly

The Sixers/Thunder trade was expanded to include the Knicks because the Thunder could not re-acquire Vincent Poirier or Terrance Ferguson, so the deal had to be expanded.

The Thunder had just traded Poirier and Ferguson to the Sixers as part of the Al Horford trade in December.
10:59 AM ? Mar 25, 2021

So, we essentially traded 2 guys we don?t play for two guys who weren?t playing on other teams. In the end, we get a 2nd round pick for basically doing nothing. I mean, that?s okay I guess.

mafra

Legend
Yeah, we trade trash for trash, as the third team to facilitate a trade, and grab another second rounder in the process.

mafra

Legend
ANDRE DRUMMOND
C, CLEVELAND CAVALIERS

Andre Drummond and the Cavaliers will work out a buyout, Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports reports.

Knicks save their cap space to make run at AD. Does he chose a title run this year or a multi year deal? 3/60 type from NYK?

I respect the Knicks not wanting to waste assets. That said, a couple of the teams we are jockeying with for playoff spots got significantly better, so not the best for us.

mafra

Legend
I respect the Knicks not wanting to waste assets. That said, a couple of the teams we are jockeying with for playoff spots got significantly better, so not the best for us.

Maybe that was the goal? Lottery not the worst place... better than getting swept in first round. Either Randle guides them to a top 6 finish, or they prefer to be out of the 7-10 crap.

tiger0330

Legend
Fournier makes 17M so someone has to go from the Celts to obtain EF. Smarts salary fits the bill but the Celts wouldn't dare trade their best defensive player, so TT and filler would be my guess.

Celts had a 17M TPE from the Hayward deal so they used it to trade for EF. They did have to make a roster spot for him by trading Jeff Teague but the Magic intend to release him to become a FA.

mafra

Legend
Keeping the eye on the prize was the biggest thing, and why we are probably winners at the deadline.

Fournier and Oladipo are pending free agents, and while they are upgrades over what we have, they weren?t difference-makers.

And, the goal is to make the playoffs and be competitive his year... we aren?t altering plans and being delusional that we can upset a top 3 seed in a best of 3 or 5...

So, why surrender assets to make a move for a move?s sale. Plus, maybe they like their chances with the buy out bunch?

mafra

Legend
Chris Haynes
@ChrisBHaynes
?
4m
Yahoo Sources: Andre Drummond will listen to pitches from the New York Knicks, Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics and Charlotte Hornets.

Kiyaman

Legend
Keeping the eye on the prize was the biggest thing, and why we are probably winners at the deadline.

Fournier and Oladipo are pending free agents, and while they are upgrades over what we have, they weren?t difference-makers.

And, the goal is to make the playoffs and be competitive his year... we aren?t altering plans and being delusional that we can upset a top 3 seed in a best of 3 or 5...

So, why surrender assets to make a move for a move?s sale. Plus, maybe they like their chances with the buy out bunch?

We would've been WINNERS if we would've traded Payton & Rivers for two 2nd round picks. And wait for Jeff Teague buy-out then sign him for the playoff run.

mafra

Legend
Despite a report in the Los Angeles Times that the Lakers, Celtics and Knicks are the top three contenders to sign Drummond in the buyout market, the Knicks are against outbidding the other two clubs in an attempt to save their cap space.