Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Also sounds like Knox is done here. They wonít give up on Obi after a few months. Why? Weíve seen a lot more from Knox his rookie year, surrounded by lesser talent and inferior coaching... than the crap play on the court weíve seen from Toppin.

What bigger indictment could there have been than during dunk contest the announcers said only 1/3 participants were bball players, and the other 2 guys just jumpers.

Obi is shooting 30% from downtown and 73% from FT. He has 19 turnover to 18 blocks/steals combined. He has 16 offensive rebounds all year. In other words, he contributes very little when heís actually on the floor.

Is this all confidence? I hope so; I really do hope I am wrong and he just explodes... I have no doubt he practices hard and is a good soldier. He just isnít what he was billed to be: an off force. It also makes you wonder if Perry/Rose did any homework for draft or just circled the CAA client on the top the board.

He could dominate guys in the post in college, bc he was going up against smaller, younger future dentists and chiropractors at Dayton.

We have the coaches tho... get in the lab, work on him for 18 months, and hopefully come 2022-2023 we have a guy off the bench who can give us a quality 18 minutes.

Not exactly what you are looking for with the 8th pick... but it doesnít appear to be a Jokic or Curry we passed on. So, we live and learn.

But, still... if we draft Halliburton instead of Obi we are 27-17 instead of 22-22.

The Randle transformation is incredible. We actually have 1 of a BIG 3 already. And, with RJ, IQ, MRob we also have the surrounding depth pieces. Now we just need the other 2 of a BIG 3.

And, with Randle becoming this force... just makes having Obi here more meaningless. Even if Obi was a rising stud, where does he play? He canít play SF or C!!!!

Veteran

I donít get the Haliburton obsession. 12 points, 5 assists, 3 boards in 30 minutes a game on an 18 - 25 team is closer to a bust than a star for a lottery pick.

48% from the field with 42% from 3 is pretty good, but not if you only score 12 points a game. Shooting so little a game makes your percentages unimpressive because it means what you mainly do is take open/easy shots that happen to come your way in a game.

Toppin has done nothing but he barely plays. He literally averages less than 12 minutes a game.

Ironically, if you scale Toppin up to 36 minutes per game, heíd be averaging over 12 points and 7 boards a game. In light of that, how impressive is Haliburtonís 12 points per game in 30 minutes? Not very.

Knox got 29 minutes a game his rookie year and only gave us 12 points and 4 boards a game on a terrible team.
    Last edited by htr10; Mar 23, 2021 at 22:39.

Iím not obsessed withHalliburton but heís actually a competent player, not a complete liability on the court. He has taken over a few games (down the stretch of games) and helped SAC win a few.

Just his shooting alone open the floor. Unlike the airballs Toppin hoists.

Oh, and when we are without EP and Rose we wouldíve had TH instead of nothing at PG.

We had a huge hole in the backcourt... we didnít need another PF.

We couldíve taken Hayes tho. Gulp. And be in same boat.

But, if you are Rose, what does Obi do well that attracted him to the prospect? I donít have any faith heíll be able to find talent in the draft now.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Iím not obsessed withHalliburton but heís actually a competent player, not a compete liability on the court. He has taken over games (done the stretch of games) and helped SAC win a few.

Oh, and when we are without EP and Rose we wouldíve had TH instead of nothing at PG.

We had a huge hole in the backcourt... we didnít need another PF.

We couldíve taken Hayes tho. Gulp. And be in same boat.

But, if you are Rose, what does Obi do well that attracted him to the prospect? I donít have any faith heíll be able to find talent in the draft now.
    I donít see it with Haliburton.

Veteran

I think the draft stunk so we took a guy. Itís almost not worth sweating it. How much time was wasted debating DSJ vs Ntilikina? Too much. Both irrelevant.

Haliburton drops 28 tonight. Great game, but it comes after a stretch where he struggled to score double digits most nights. I donít hate the kid, but I think he is a role player. Maybe he is a Bullock or Burks type guy in his prime.
    Last edited by htr10; Mar 23, 2021 at 22:48.

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I donít see it with Haliburton.
    How many SAC games you watch? Iíve seen about 20-25, complete games. It may explain why you think I love the kid. I donít. I just wish we had him over Toppin. Would love IQ and him and wouldíve loved to see what happens this season if we did.

I knew the moment they read Obiís name we would get nada from him.

TH is shooting 42% from downtown (198 attempts). Averaging almost 4:1 assist to turnover, he is shooting 85% from FT mine and has about 50 less rebounds than James Wiseman (2nd overall pick and a C).

Donít see what?

Is he Trae Young or the next CP3. No. But he is having a solid rookie year and looks like he can help a team win. Imagine if he had our roster and our coaching?

Veteran

How many SAC games you watch? Iíve seen about 20-25, complete games?

Heís shouting 42% from downtown (198 attempts). Averaging almost 4:1 assist to turnover, he is shooting 85% from FT mine and has about 50 less rebounds than James Wiseman (2nd overall pick and a C).

Donít see what?

Is he Trae Young or the next CP3. No. But he is having a solid rookie year and looks like he can help a team win. Imagine if he had our roster and our coaching?
    Youíve watch 20 to 25 complete games of a garbage team like Sacramento?

Alright, Iíll give you that you know more about Haliburton than I do if you give me that I was right that you are obsessed with him

They are my local team, along with POR and LAK, and are always on when most games end. Gambling legal in Or, AO I usually throw a dollar bet here and there to keep it interesting.

I like Buddy and Fox and Bagley...I am more obsessed with Fox... and, as is the usual with us NYK fans... the moment we pass in a kid he becomes great. DSJ the lone exception but NBA hiss knew we would acquire him
    Eventually. Notice Monk is playing well
    Enough?

Veteran

They are my local team, along with POR and LAK, and are always on when most games end. Gambling legal in Or, AO I usually throw a dollar bet here and there to keep it interesting.

I like Buddy and Fox and Bagley...
    Fair enough. I didnít realize I was debating the Kings with a ringer. I concede you know them better than I do.

Fair enough. I didnít realize I was debating the Kings with a ringer. I concede you know them better than I do.

lol.

And I concede I am a jaded NY fan who assumes TH heading to HOF bc we took Toppin.

When NY is good, I will spend money and see them in Sactown and the MODA in POR. I am thinking next year...

And I like Obi as a person. I lost to Ossing (his HS) my senior season (football Sectional title game).

I would love to see Lonzo Ball lifting alley oops to him... Having him become Amare 2.0.

I hope he gains confidence, and his NBA career mirrors HS and college. In the past, it took him time to acclimate. We have the coaching, his vertical and passing are legit... letís make it happen!!!
    Last edited by mafra; Mar 23, 2021 at 23:04.

Oh, I get GSW too. Pretty cool!

Portland, GSW, Sac, LAK... pretty mute, tho, with NBA package.

I think we can all agree tho that we are finally heading in the right direction and good things are coming...

Knows the team

Thibs asked in the post-game press conference about possibly giving Toppinís minutes to Knox. Thibs said that Toppin has been very good in practice. Sounds like Toppinís biggest issue is nerves.
    Thibs is full of Shattt!
    Randle and Barrett played 39 minute tonight ..WTF
    The Knicks had a 28 pt lead to end the 3rd quarter, which is 36 min out of a 48 min game. The Knicks have several young-core players that been needing playing-time this season.
    Now we have the trade deadline in one more day

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....thibodeau/amp/

ďThe statement [he made] was the win was the most important thing,íí Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau said. ďHeís done that a number of times for us. To bounce back after a tough loss, and the way we lost the game, thatís what leaders do.íí

Knows the team

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....thibodeau/amp/

“The statement [he made] was the win was the most important thing,’’ Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau said. “He’s done that a number of times for us. To bounce back after a tough loss, and the way we lost the game, that’s what leaders do.’’
    I recall back in the daze, Thibs were coaching a Bulls game when star PG D.Rose came back from a season injury, to go back into a serious injury going down the stretch (less than 3 min) of a game where the Bulls had a 20 pt lead. Not Good!