Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards 23/3/2021 7:30 pm [Game #44]

mafra

Legend
I don?t see it with Haliburton.

How many SAC games you watch? I?ve seen about 20-25, complete games. It may explain why you think I love the kid. I don?t. I just wish we had him over Toppin. Would love IQ and him and would?ve loved to see what happens this season if we did.

I knew the moment they read Obi?s name we would get nada from him.

TH is shooting 42% from downtown (198 attempts). Averaging almost 4:1 assist to turnover, he is shooting 85% from FT mine and has about 50 less rebounds than James Wiseman (2nd overall pick and a C).

Don?t see what?

Is he Trae Young or the next CP3. No. But he is having a solid rookie year and looks like he can help a team win. Imagine if he had our roster and our coaching?

How many SAC games you watch? I?ve seen about 20-25, complete games?

He?s shouting 42% from downtown (198 attempts). Averaging almost 4:1 assist to turnover, he is shooting 85% from FT mine and has about 50 less rebounds than James Wiseman (2nd overall pick and a C).

Don?t see what?

Is he Trae Young or the next CP3. No. But he is having a solid rookie year and looks like he can help a team win. Imagine if he had our roster and our coaching?

You?ve watch 20 to 25 complete games of a garbage team like Sacramento?

Alright, I?ll give you that you know more about Haliburton than I do if you give me that I was right that you are obsessed with him :)

mafra

Legend
They are my local team, along with POR and LAK, and are always on when most games end. Gambling legal in Or, AO I usually throw a dollar bet here and there to keep it interesting.

I like Buddy and Fox and Bagley...I am more obsessed with Fox... and, as is the usual with us NYK fans... the moment we pass in a kid he becomes great. DSJ the lone exception but NBA hiss knew we would acquire him
Eventually. Notice Monk is playing well
Enough?

They are my local team, along with POR and LAK, and are always on when most games end. Gambling legal in Or, AO I usually throw a dollar bet here and there to keep it interesting.

I like Buddy and Fox and Bagley...

Fair enough. I didn?t realize I was debating the Kings with a ringer. I concede you know them better than I do.

mafra

Legend
Fair enough. I didn?t realize I was debating the Kings with a ringer. I concede you know them better than I do.

lol.

And I concede I am a jaded NY fan who assumes TH heading to HOF bc we took Toppin.

When NY is good, I will spend money and see them in Sactown and the MODA in POR. I am thinking next year...

mafra

Legend
And I like Obi as a person. I lost to Ossing (his HS) my senior season (football Sectional title game).

I would love to see Lonzo Ball lifting alley oops to him... Having him become Amare 2.0.

I hope he gains confidence, and his NBA career mirrors HS and college. In the past, it took him time to acclimate. We have the coaching, his vertical and passing are legit... let?s make it happen!!!

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Oh, I get GSW too. Pretty cool!

Portland, GSW, Sac, LAK... pretty mute, tho, with NBA package.

I think we can all agree tho that we are finally heading in the right direction and good things are coming...

Kiyaman

Legend
Thibs asked in the post-game press conference about possibly giving Toppin?s minutes to Knox. Thibs said that Toppin has been very good in practice. Sounds like Toppin?s biggest issue is nerves.

Thibs is full of Shattt!
Randle and Barrett played 39 minute tonight ..WTF
The Knicks had a 28 pt lead to end the 3rd quarter, which is 36 min out of a 48 min game. The Knicks have several young-core players that been needing playing-time this season.
Now we have the trade deadline in one more day

Kiyaman

Legend
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...-only-way-for-knicks-coach-tom-thibodeau/amp/

“The statement [he made] was the win was the most important thing,’’ Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau said. “He’s done that a number of times for us. To bounce back after a tough loss, and the way we lost the game, that’s what leaders do.’’

I recall back in the daze, Thibs were coaching a Bulls game when star PG D.Rose came back from a season injury, to go back into a serious injury going down the stretch (less than 3 min) of a game where the Bulls had a 20 pt lead. Not Good!

mafra

Legend
That?s why you need to give the coach quality depth....

Thibodeau?s stock line is ?I have a strong bias for good players.??