Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

Default Game Thread: New York Knicks at Minnesota Timberwolves - 3/31/21

Randle catching fire late in the 3rd. Knicks lead by 11 going into the 4th quarter. Canít let TWolves get any life. Close this one out.

NYK had a 92-80 lead... score is now 94-92. NYK have 6 points last 6 minutes...

Veteran

Knicks just donít know how to put anyone away. Play too sloppy. Donít have a real floor general. Trail by 1 with 37 seconds to go.

Veteran

RJ turns it over. Bullock steals it back. Randle misses a rushed shot. Not good.

Knicks down by 1... 35 seconds left... they turn it over... lose possession. MIN ball. They get steal. Randle misses shot.... NY gets rebound, TAJ calls TO, they say jump
    Ball... Bs!!!

They may give NY the ball... 5 seconds left.

Veteran

RJ misses badly and Knicks lose.

I normally try to be pretty positive, but this loss is hard to stomach. Just a sloppy 4th quarter effort that almost makes you forget how good this team has been at times this season.

RJ misses shot at buzzer... 5 games since ASB where Knicks had a chance to tie or take lead... 3 turnovers and 2 missed shots... 0-5 in all 5.

22-9 closing run for MIN as they wipe away 18 point deficit.

Folks... we are officially out of the mix... standings may not reveal it, but we will end up the 9-10 seed and lose in the loser Tourny. I doubt we even earn right to get swept by Nets.

MIN rookie McDaniels with 18 points... IQ and Obi combine for 3 on 6 shots in over 20 minutes.

Another game we win if we draft Halliburton.

Veteran

Randle and RJ played well but between the 2 of them they blew 3 chances in the last 30 seconds.

Payton had a decent game. But no Derrick Rose, Quickley with 0 points in 13 minutes, Burks couldnít put up another 20 point game.

Without MRob, without Rose, and with Quickley and Burks falling back to earth, this team seemed underpowered when it mattered.

Yanks begin tomorrow so my interest in this team will dwindle to almost zilch. This is the loss the forced me to jump off the boat.

I donít even think we finish above .500 now.

24 games remain... I predict we end season 2-7, so for the other 15 games? I think we go 6-9 in those contests...

So, my prediction for the final 24 games is 8-16.

Will anybody care about the final loser 4 Tourny? Not I.

So, I am officially on the tank train now. Will root for 0-24...

Knicks just went 6-7 in March. We lost MRob, didnít get any help. Bullock and Noel in starting lineup is great for defense but not good for offense.

Hey, we accomplished what we set out to do this season. No shame in whatever happens now.

Veteran

I work M-W-T part-time and miss a ton of Knicks basketball. The times Iíve watched aside from the decent start we had early on, they havenít impressed me. I thought this game was in the bag glancing boxscore often as possible

This team is SUPER MEDIOCRE!!!

Iím not disappointed when we lose as much, cuhz I donít know what to expect from this team

We didnít trade for Ball, made the most nothing burger trade at Deadline, and werenít seriously in the running for Drummond. This team I tell ya 😩

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    MIN rookie McDaniels with 18 points... IQ and Obi combine for 3 on 6 shots in over 20 minutes.

Another game we win if we draft Halliburton.
    I know you donít like Toppin, but he really doesnít have much to do with it. He only got 9 minutes. He knocked down a 3. He wasnít in the game at all during that 4th quarter collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I know you donít like Toppin, but he really doesnít have much to do with it. He only got 9 minutes. He knocked down a 3. He wasnít in the game at all during that 4th quarter collapse.
    Apparently Obi ainít as NBA ready as Edwards and McDaniels.

This isnít Obiís fault. Heís extremely limited player and gets zero burn. But, I bet if we took Halliburton... TH scores 12 tonight and we win.

Our team prez drafted a guy bc his agency represented him. That decision is probably why we finish as 9-10 seed instead of a 4-6 seed.

Veteran

Itís just a frustrating turn of events. To do nothing at the deadline and immediately MRob goes down for the season, not to mention Derrick Rose seems like he may just ghost the rest of this season. Hard to keep up with the pack.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Apparently Obi ainít as NBA ready as Edwards and McDaniels.

This isnít Obiís fault. Heís extremely limited player and gets zero burn. But, I bet if we took Halliburton... TH scores 12 tonight and we win.

Our team prez drafted a guy bc his agency represented him. That decision is probably why we finish as 9-10 seed instead of a 4-6 seed.
    We donít need to do this again. Haliburton has been better, no question. I want to support Toppin and I genuinely believe he has the tools to be an offensive centerpiece. We just might never see it.