Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Anyway, I do agree. I don’t want the ball anywhere near RJ with game on the line. This is why you need a ball-dominant player to make decisions, distribute, and score...

“It’s what he thinks, it’s his read. It’s an isolation-type play with three options,’’ Thibodeau said. “That was one of them.”

“I felt it was the best shot available,’’ Barrett said. “I’ll have to go back and look at it.’’

Meanwhile, the No. 1 pick in the 2020 draft, Anthony Edwards, soared late and made a big driving basket past Barrett down the stretch and finished with 24 points.

Edwards said the Timberwolves wanted to keep the ball away from Randle on the last possession.

“We told Jaden try not let Randle catch the ball, let someone else beat us,” Edwards said on the final play. “Gladly RJ caught it and if he made the shot we would’ve lived with it. That’s who we wanted taking the shot. We didn’t want anyone else take it.”

“They just wanted it more than us in the fourth,’’ Barrett said.

Knows the team

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Yea, right now for sure. But RJ has been playing well and he is part of the future so why not build equity and let him gain valuable experience that will help his growth?

AB and IQ aren’t as well rounded in their entire games. IQ averages .0001 APG?
    After 2 season of watching RJ I notice he's not a crunch-time player, maybe next year.
    Randle showed in 40 something games last season that he was not a crunch-time player.

The playing-time minute Quickley receive from Thibs game after game has been getting lower and lower to spot-minute. Iso-Rose nor Iso-RJ could say their passing game is better than Quickley's, I rather see Quickley play Hero-Ball rather than Randle, Rose, or RJ .. at least Quickleys gonna hit 9 out every 10 free throws.
    The Knicks will need Quickley scoring if thibs plan is making the playoff !!!

I know. I get it. I have more confidence in a Maoi statue head on Easter Island than I trust RJ to score in the clutch... Remember how Duke lost in the Tourny?

Edwards on seeing EP leave his man, as he found Beasley for the game winning three... I guess math isn’t his best subject, b/c a 2 ties it... a 3 beats you. Why concede a wide open 3 for a risky attempt to steal ball?

Jon Krawczynski
    @JonKrawczynski
    Edwards on the play: "I was about to turn and fade until I saw Payton came and doubled. I was like, ‘He crazy.’ I saw Beas in the slot and I kicked it.

"And when I kicked it you can see I just held my hands up. I knew it was good."

Veteran

Anthony Edwards talks a lot of crap apparently. Said that TWolves wanted RJ to take the last shot. They didn’t want anyone else getting the ball other than RJ at the end.

I mean, what he’s saying is true, but saying it in an interview is a little much.

EP’s defense that allowed that 3 to win it was way worse than RJ’s turnover and missed shot. Unforgivable defensive brain burp left a wide open shooter to win game.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    I would take Burks or Quickley's shooting over RJ Barrett All-day Everyday !!!
    NOT ME!!!

While Burks is better from 3, RJ is better from the field

If Burks was as great as you think he is after 10yrs in and 6 teams, none of which he contributed a lot of WINNING to, most certainly not at a championship level, he wouldn’t have signed here for peanuts

RJ has only missed 10gms in his young career Burks has missed HUNDREDS. Give me the more durable 20yr old with upside having a career yr, instead of the aging veteran journeyman

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Trust me, if IQ and Obi were our 2 lead dawgs, and we didn’t have Randle and RJ, we would be 6-42.

Thibbs won’t change his ways but the roster is bad anyway.... Bullock and Alec? Meh... We saw AB’s true colors in the bubble playoffs. Those 2 are marginal bench players on a good roster. Guys who flash, playing 12 minutes off the bench vs the opponent’s reserves.

Noel is a journeyman, offensively deficient rim protector.... EP is a top 10 backup PG in the NBA, but there are 36 better PGs in this league:

Rose has 1 foot in retirement.

Knits and Knox and Toppin have the makeup of accountants.

RJ and Randle are overachievers... This alone has endeared them to Thibbs. Same with Gibson.

Where to turn?
    Caution expectations and criticisms...when the Lakers had Randle, D-Lo, Ingram, Hart, Zubac, Clarkson(add in Ball later)

NEWS FLASH!!! They were terrible

What proved to be, “the Lakers were a breeding ground grooming talent”

Trial by fire isn’t necessarily always a bad thing

Randle is young by age but not NBA experience, in some cases reliance on youth is a must based on team structure and strength. We touted our front office for bringing in all this youth and the lion share of it has bend devalued underutilized

Knows the team

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Anthony Edwards talks a lot of crap apparently. Said that TWolves wanted RJ to take the last shot. They didn’t want anyone else getting the ball other than RJ at the end.

I mean, what he’s saying is true, but saying it in an interview is a little much.
    Edward's a rookie and already know he is 10 times better than RJ Barrett on both sides of the court, that's why he called Barrett out.
    There are to many fans that get highly emotional when someone mention any of RJ flaws.
    I'm a Knick fan who watch RJ the last two season to know RJ Barrett has over 20 consistent flaws in his performance. Edwards spoke the truth from scouting-report or coach.
    RJ Barrett was the Knicks 3rd pick in the draft, automatically Knicks FO demanded RJ Barrett receive 30+ minute of playingtime in all his rookie season games (got two head coaches FIRED!). The same thing the Knicks did when they selected KP with the 4th pick in the draft.

I would be lying if I say I didn't want Payton, RJ, and Randle traded in the Covid-19 offseason. Why? The non-chemistry trio of Payton RJ Randle kept HOGGING the ball and denying other teammates the ball last season. It was the same trio that got Fiz to take MitchRob out of the starter lineup.
    The Knicks trio Payton, RJ, and Randle are doing the same thing in the 2020-21 season.
    In the Knicks last two games, I watch DRose Randle and RJ deny the ball from rookie Quickley every time he was given playing-time, making Quickley look like he was no help in the offense.
    Last night when RJ caught the inbound pass for the last shot, if RJ would've looked over to the side he would have seen a wide open Quickley with no defenders insight.
    Quickley shot zero shots gave out 2 ast, 3 rb, and 1 steal in 13 minute of playingtime.