Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    I am in shock he actually had an off rebound putback. Wow. I thought all he could do was dunk on the fastbreak.

Not sure Thibbs didnít go back to second unit for entire fourth, based on how the starters played.

Still, 2 rebounds and 0 assists. My biggest beef with him is he doesnít do anything to help the team except score (and he doesnít score often).

If he is so athletic, where he can dunk on a 20 foot hoop. Whereís the rebounds and blocks?

Still, he almost hit double figures... so, I guess thatís a good thing.
    Have you seriously looked at our rotation and the role of each player on the team in how they play. I mean I can understand the Halliburton side of the frustration but Maf are you seriously being fair with this kid?

You think Thibs is giving him a genuine look into whatever his potential may be?

Iím truly shocked at how hard you ride him!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    You know Iím cool with the kid, surprised he was able to get busy in a WHOPPING 11min of play

I watched this game on low volume while on the Clubhouse app. This team disinterests me and more importantly the NBA in general from the aesthetics of the game, to how horribly itís governed, to how inconsistent some of these athletes are, to how entitled, whiny, and cavalier theyíve become, and not giving us their all

Again when the team loses Iím not mad, totally numb
    Couldnít agree more... I donít have anything against OBI either, when I trash him I am really trashing Leon Rose...

Losing to MIA and MIN were painful, but season died then. Anybody who thought we had a chance tonight? Delusional. It was free money taking DAL -4.5

Sport is unwatchable. The Banana boat crew of LJ and CP3 ruined everything. These cats are so annoying with their phony ďpoliticalĒ nonsense.

How come Kd canít text anti-gay slurs and nobody cares? Oh, they only care when it fits their narrative.

The game is borderline unwatchable. With resting and not trying 1/4 of the games.... players donít even try half the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Have you seriously looked at our rotation and the role of each player on the team in how they play. I mean I can understand the Halliburton side of the frustration but Maf are you seriously being fair with this kid?

You think Thibs is giving him a genuine look into whatever his potential may be?

Iím truly shocked at how hard you ride him!

I ride the kid bc it was an awful pick and it pains me to even think about it still. Heís a bust. Thereís no doubt about that.

The kid couldnít dominate in the paint vs the meh schools Dayton plays. His game was never gonna translate to the NBA. He doesnít rebound, defend, and isnít a good shooter.

Toss in fact we had Randle and Knox.. made the pick unbearable.

Toss in it was a Rose client and he had tunnel vision on this kid?

If we draft TH, we have 5-8 more wins....

But, yes... the kid hasnít been given much of a chance. But, I do surmise, that he probably looks lost in practice too.

Obi is an undersized PF, who cannot guard SF and isnít powerful enough to defend other Pf. He has no interior game, no handle, and awful shooting... and, he doesnít impact game at all
    Off the ball.

If he is so athletic, where is the rebounding? And, if he canít shoot, defend, or rebound, how do you play him?

Again, I hate ragging on him constantly. But he has a lot of work to do to even resemble a decent rotational player.

Now, the kid has no business playing college basketball but he worked hard and made a team... then, he worked hard and earned PT at Dayton, then he parlayed that into a nice senior season...

This gives me some hope he at least works hard enough to carve out a little role here... but the idea an NBA team is gonna start and playing Obi Toppin 30 minutes a night? Thatís not happening.

What does he do well? Not much... so, he has to work very hard to develop a decent shot so he can score. Teams leave him wide open. He has to knock down those looks. Then, maybe he learns to rebound and defend.

Sure, we could employ pick and roll some and get him 3-4 easy dunks a game. But, he must first prove he can hit a jump shot.
    Last edited by mafra; Apr 02, 2021 at 22:04.

Knows the team

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    I am in shock he actually had an off rebound putback. Wow. I thought all he could do was dunk on the fastbreak.

Not sure Thibbs didn’t go back to second unit for entire fourth, based on how the starters played.

Still, 2 rebounds and 0 assists. My biggest beef with him is he doesn’t do anything to help the team except score (and he doesn’t score often).

If he is so athletic, where he can dunk on a 20 foot hoop. Where’s the rebounds and blocks?

Still, he almost hit double figures... so, I guess that’s a good thing.
    Thibs is getting stupid and stupid as the season goes on .. Toppin was on Fire in the first half of the game and should have receive 11 minute of playing-time in the first half of the game, instead of 5 minute. Plus Toppin's movement on defense kept Doncic offence off-balance for the Knicks to take a double digit lead.
    Toppin been having great chemistry lately when in lineups having Gibson, Burks, and Quickley.
    Tonight, taking Gibson, Burks, and Toppin off the court in the 2nd quarter having a 13 pt Knicks lead to replace them with Noel Randle and RJ having 6 min remaining in the quarter the Mavs went on a 17-0 run to take a 3 pt lead at half-time. What does that say to the Knicks head-coach?
    I know what it says to me .. Knicks starters Payton RJ Bullock Randle, and Noel are a lottery bound lineup during the midseason of the NBA.
    We all seen what all the Knicks starters had against the Lottery-bound Timberwolves this week.
    Tomorrow, we will watch and see how the Knicks starters perform against another Lottery-bound Pistons team.

I agree 100% that the second unit ó Obi especiallyódeserved to play almost the entire fourth quarter...Clearly, Randle and RJ had nothing. Julius was 1-11 and RJ 2-8 at the half or something. And, theyíve both played like butt recently.

It was time to unleash the Toppin but Thibbs did squat.