Game Thread: New York Knicks at Detroit Pistons - 3/3/21

Knicks are raining 3s and lead 24 to 3 in the 1st quarter. End this one early. Can?t lose this game after this start.

Knicks with 9 three pointers in 9 minutes.

Randle with 18 1st quarter points.

Knicks lead 35 to 11. Crazy.

mafra

Legend
41-15 after 1... now let?s see that lineup from 2nd Q yesterday. Starters built a big league (Randle with 20).... Let?s see if Obi can ride the momentum and build off of yesterday. Come on, Thibbs!

Knicks lead 41 to 15 after one quarter led by Randle?s 20. Show some killer instinct for once and never let them get within 20 for the rest of the game.

mafra

Legend
Obi Toppin somehow just airballed a flip in. Didn?t touch anything. Wasn?t sure that was possible.

Don?t get me wrong, we?re playing well, but it frustrates me to no end that we let the Pistons trim the lead from 26 to 19 in the late 2nd quarter. We could easily blow this in the 2nd half. Need to play 4 quarters.

mafra

Legend
Exactly... they went away from
Tough defense and team offense, which built the lead, as they couldn?t match DET?a energy.

Nice job by our guys to stretch the lead to 27 in the 3rd quarter. Should be able to cruise through the 4th and get back to 0.500.

Knox hits back to back 3 pointers to stretch lead to 40. Dominant win. Hopefully this game signifies the end of our recent offensive slump.

As a Knicks fan, you always want more, but before the season started if you told me the Knicks would be at 0.500 after 50 games, I definitely wouldn?t have believed it.

Kiyaman

Legend
Me too!
Yes, we did graduate from talking lottery to talking playoff in March.
I was expecting both our rookies plus Knox & Frank to receive 20+ minute of playing-time tonight being its the end of a back to back game, plus against a 14-35 Lottery-bound Piston team.

mafra

Legend
Funny .. The 12-38 Wolves are still thanking RJ for the win on Wednesday lol

You can?t win them all, and that was certainly the worst loss of the year. Now, they did lose to CLE early in the season , and a loss to SAC sucked, but their overall record against teams below .500 is pretty good.