Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Randle misses and we lose by 2.

You can re-analyze every play of this game, but for me, Noel’s 2 missed FTs and failing to double team Kyrie when he drained that 3 with a minute to go sealed our fate.

Brutal loss.
    Certain Knick players should not be shooting 3 Ball shots, especially when we don't attack the offensive glass for the high bounce miss shot .. 14-29 from 3-ball line .. and 5 offensive rebounds.

Like I’ve been saying, by accident you would think a player wearing a NYK jersey can make a shot to win a game, as time expires. We’ve endured a ton of bricks. Enough mortar to build a castle.

We bragging about a big-5, but we couldn’t even beat the Nets with just Irving.

Another game we win with Halliburton over Obi.... I kid I kid...

It is me or Thibs is not very good at drawing out of bounds plan? nevertheless, we competed hard and we were playing good basketball most of the time. I think we should've gone for a three from IQ, Bull or Burks....

Veteran

Even without Durant, Harden, and Blake Griffin, the Nets still have Kyrie, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green, and Joe Harris. Their roster is nuts.

Veteran

Worth noting that replay shows that Payton waived off the double team on the play where Kyrie drained that huge 3 with a minute to go.

Thibs had solved Kyrie in the 4th. The double team had completely negated him in the 4th after playing dominant ball the first 3 quarters. Payton then waives off the double team on a critical late possession. Insane.

12th man

Even without Durant, Harden, and Blake Griffin, the Nets still have Kyrie, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green, and Joe Harris. Their roster is nuts.
    Maybe the best roster of any of those rosters that were cobbled together around a big 3 like the Heat, Cavs, Dubs, Clips and Lakers. 4 of those 5 won World Championships and I expect the same for the Nets this season. We haven't even seen the best of them yet, yikes.

Veteran

Randle misses and we lose by 2.

You can re-analyze every play of this game, but for me, Noel’s 2 missed FTs and failing to double team Kyrie when he drained that 3 with a minute to go sealed our fate.

Brutal loss.
    Pretty much that was the game there

Veteran

Kyrie killed us last night. That’s the difference between an all-star(Julius Randle) and a Superstar(Kyrie Irving). Even Kyrie’s fro was picked out and on point while JR seems happy knappy um um um 😳

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Like I’ve been saying, by accident you would think a player wearing a NYK jersey can make a shot to win a game, as time expires. We’ve endured a ton of bricks. Enough mortar to build a castle.

We bragging about a big-5, but we couldn’t even beat the Nets with just Irving.

Another game we win with Halliburton over Obi.... I kid I kid...
    Mediocre is what Mediocre does

I see we lost another game against a decent opponent that was not at full strength

We’ve lost to the Nets(2), Sixers, Bucks, Mavs, Heat since the All-Star break I believe

The only team we beat were the Bucks who again, weren’t at full strength(no Middleton and Holiday).

Thibs is clearly trying to wins gms going super vets centric, not really happy with his coaching this yr
    Last edited by Broadway; Apr 06, 2021 at 23:13.

Yeah, some of these games are Pyrrhic victories. And, to be honest, if Ball can’t elevate Zion and Ingram, how much better does he really make us? Ball-RJ-Randle is a 44 win grinder team, but nothing special.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Yeah, some of these games are Pyrrhic victories. And, to be honest, if Ball can’t elevate Zion and Ingram, how much better does he really make us? Ball-RJ-Randle is a 44 win grinder team, but nothing special.
    The Knicks coach Thibs, and the Pelicans coach SVG are letting their PF run the point as a PG on offense the majority of a game. And none are name Magic Johnson.
    The (Thibs) Knicks 40 min PG are Julius Randle.
    The (SVG) NO Pelicans 48 min PG are Zion & Ingram.

The above are the reason the Knicks & Pelicans are mediocre teams .. If either team makes it to the 8th seed playoff that's a giant accomplishment. Neither team mediocre offence/defense are gonna make it pass the first round of the playoff.

Payton and Rose combine performance does not control the Knicks offense as much as Randle does in a Knicks game. However the trio are ISO dribble-dribble shoot players that cant pass the ball when they are dribbling it without making it a turnover.

The Pelicans players Ball and Bledsoe and Hart and Reddick watch every defensive-rebound Zion grab, Zion's off to the races dribble-dribble down court to slash to the basket for a dunk. In the Pelicans half-court game SF-Ingram are always waiting at the top of the key to receive the ball to do his iso-dribble-dribble shoot act.

12th man

We loss two games this season vs Brooklyn Nets at crunch-time on Randle's jump-shot.
    Randle getting his shot block by Kyrie ended in a loss,
    and Randle's 20 FT jumper for the last-shot was off ended in the 2nd loss to Nets.