i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

Toronto Raptors
New York Knicks
OG Anunoby - Rest (OUT)John Henson - Strained right calf (OUT)
Pascal Siakam - Rest (PROB)Mitchell Robinson - Foot fracture (OUT)
Fred VanVleet - Strained left hip flexor (QUEST)-
Kyle Lowry - Right foot infection (PROB)-
Paul Watson - Health and safety protocols (OUT)-
Jelen Harris - Right hip pointer (OUT)-

Game Preview

The New York Knicks answered five losses in a six-game stretch with an overtime victory in their most recent outing.

The Knicks will look to ride the momentum of their latest win into Sunday's game against Gary Trent Jr. and the visiting Toronto Raptors.

Toronto has defeated New York nine consecutive times and four in a row at Madison Square Garden.

RJ Barrett, rookie Immanuel Quickley and All-Star Julius Randle delivered clutch performances to lead the Knicks to a 133-129 overtime victory over the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday night.

"This was the way to break out of that little slump or whatever you want to call it," Randle said. "This was definitely the game to do it. Guys stepped up."

The Knicks would have lost their sixth game in their past seven had they not benefited from a late rally. New York trailed by eight before Alec Burks made two free throws. Randle's three-point play with 1:01 left and three free throws by Barrett tied the game at 112 with 37 seconds remaining.

Barrett had 20 points and Randle, scoreless in the first half, bounced back to record his fifth triple-double of the season with 15 points, 11 assists and 10 rebounds.

But one of the most important takeaways from the victory was seeing Quickley score 20 points.

He was averaging only 7.3 points per game over his previous seven games.

"As far as the rookie wall, I don't really feel it," Quickley said. "I'm just gonna continue to do whatever's got me here."

Toronto avoided a three-game losing streak by routing the Cavaliers 135-115 in Cleveland on Saturday night behind a career-high 44 points from Trent.

"I've brought everything I learned from the great players in the Portland Trail Blazers' organization to my new team," Trent said.

Trent, who was traded to the Raptors along with Rodney Hood for Norman Powell on March 25, was near perfect from the field. He made 17-of-19 shots, including 7-of-9 from 3-point range.

Trent is the third player since 2010 to have a 40-point game while shooting 85 percent or better.

"Gary caught fire super early, and it never left," said Malachi Flynn, who recorded season highs in points (20) and assists (11) in his second career start. "He didn't force anything at all. He just kept looking for his shot when it was there."

Trent is averaging 17.9 points in his nine games since joining the Raptors. His efforts made up for the absence of the Raptors' top three scorers -- Kyle Lowry (right-foot infection), Pascal Siakam (rest) and Fred VanVleet (left-hip flexor strain).

Toronto coach Nick Nurse said Siakam will play against New York and is hopeful Lowry, who has missed the past seven games, will return as well. Jalen Harris (right-hip pointer) and Paul Watson Jr. (COVID-19 protocols) also were out.

The Raptors signed center Khem Birch on Saturday. Nurse said Birch will join the team in New York.

--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

mafra

Legend
A win today all but assures that TOR won?t catch us.... let?s go. TOR and WAS only challenger to 10th seed

If we fail to secure a 6-9 seed, it?s nice to have something to show for the season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Rady .. Thanks for the Game-Thread .. A must win game to keep us Hungry in the playoff race.
I'm still in shock from Friday night win of RJ Barrett hitting all 3 FT to tie the game for OT.
It look like the Raptors top floor leader Lowry may return tonight to give us problems.
Lets GO Knicks .. WIN win win tonight !!!

mafra

Legend
NYK up 22-16. They should be up by 12, but Randle has missed 3 open 3s and IQ/Rose very sloppy upon entering the game.

mafra

Legend
TOR held to 16 1st Q points. And, 3 of those should never have counted.

TOR player picked up dribble, split a double team and carried ball 2 steps, dribbles then kicked it to the corner for wide open 3.

According to rules, that is by definition a moving violation.

27-16 good guys.

Knicks playing smothering defense in the 1st quarter and lead 27 - 16.

If you ever doubt the Thibodeau effect on this team, think about by how much the value of the whole exceeds the sum of its parts defensively on this roster.

Toppin starting to realize he?s going to have to time charges at the hoop to ever get the ball in a position to score.

Obi catches a Burks air ball and hits the putback before the shot clock expires.

mafra

Legend
IQ drains a 3 then flips an AO to Obi that was nearly the play of the year.

Breen says, Toppin went from not trying to make a mistake to trying to make a play.

The 1st half has heavily been refs missing obvious calls and then giving make-up calls on questionable plays.

Every time I see someone try to post up on Lowry, it makes me cringe. The dude?s nickname is literally ?the tree trunk with legs?.

mafra

Legend
Knicks up 49-38.... but are 4-19 from downtown with 5 turnovers. They should be up 25.

All TOR has is Lowry, but that?s enough and he?s best player in the floor. If The other TOR players get going... this lead evaporate quickly.

We?re doing it with elite defense. Knicks lead 56 to 42 at the half. We say it every time we lead at the half, need to show some killer instinct and just end this game in the 3rd quarter.

Kiyaman

Legend
Half-Time .. Knicks 56 - Raps 42
The way the Raptors are playing the Knicks should have a 20 pt lead at the Half.

Kiyaman

Legend
We are 5-21 from the 3 ball line, we also hold a 14 pt lead at the Half.
Well, it look to me like u don't need any 3's to beat the Raptors by 10 or more pts.

mafra

Legend
Lead down to 72-66.

Every time NY tries to go up by 18-20, TOR would go on a run. They refuse to give up. They know their season comes down to this

AB has been brutal to watch. Doing nada and his body language awful.