Game Thread: New Orleans Pelicans at New York Knicks - 4/18/21, Sunday 1PM

jimkcchief88

All Star
JR with a dagger 3 being reviewed for a shot clock violation announcers hating but it?s good!!! Knicks up 8 with under a minute to go JR matching Zion!!?

mafra

Legend
Let?s go grab the 5?seed and win a playoff round! Knock out BOS like Ewing did early in his career. Bird misses a dunk, rejected by the rim

mafra

Legend
Most importantly, DRose is back again... 23-3-5-1.... Randle, RJ and Rose

Rose with 23, his season-high as a Knick. He gives them a third player who can create for himself and others, along with JR & RJ. New York is 15-7 in games he?s played with them.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Randle finished with 33 points, 10 assists, five rebounds and five steals, and in the process recorded his fourth straight game with at least 30 points.

It's the longest such scoring streak of Randle's career, and he also became the first Knicks player to accomplish that feat since Carmelo Anthony back in 2014

tiger0330

Legend
Most importantly, DRose is back again... 23-3-5-1.... Randle, RJ and Rose

Rose with 23, his season-high as a Knick. He gives them a third player who can create for himself and others, along with JR & RJ. New York is 15-7 in games he’s played with them.

Suggested DRose should be starting esp if Thibs wants to take the team to the next level. He did play more minutes than Payton, thats a start.

Kiyaman

Legend
Suggested DRose should be starting esp if Thibs wants to take the team to the next level. He did play more minutes than Payton, thats a start.

I missed the 1pm OT Game .... however ..
The next level are winning a playoff series vs Philly? or Nets? or Bucks? or Heats? or Boston?
And D.Rose & Payton does not have that type of skill-set as a starter/finisher playmaker to take the Knicks to the next level.
Hopefully, in the offseason FA market we could sign D.Angelo Russell or Brunson to become our starter PG.

We have to give BIG PROPS to Thibs Knicks defense in the past 10 games, it's been off the chart, holding opponents under a hundred pts after 100 shots taken to give us a JOLLY six game WIN streak.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I missed the 1pm OT Game .... however ..
The next level are winning a playoff series vs Philly? or Nets? or Bucks? or Heats? or Boston?
And D.Rose & Payton does not have that type of skill-set as a starter/finisher playmaker to take the Knicks to the next level.
Hopefully, in the offseason FA market we could sign D.Angelo Russell or Brunson to become our starter PG.

We have to give BIG PROPS to Thibs Knicks defense in the past 10 games, it's been off the chart, holding opponents under a hundred pts after 100 shots taken to give us a JOLLY six game WIN streak.

I agree that Payton isn?t quite the man but to have a former NBA MVP as your backup PG is a luxury. Catch a replay of Sunday?s game. Drose had 23 points off the bench and we were like +15 with Drose on the floor. Drose broke down the Pels defense and finished at the rim or made the right pass. The final play at the end of regulation Drose broke down the defense and floated down the lane looking like he was gonna Pearl a layup and then one handed flipped a perfect pass to Bullock in the corner who nailed a wide open three. I like our backcourt rotation with Rose, Peyton, Bullock, Burke, and IQ. Reminds me of the 90?s with Ward, Child?s, Harper, Greg Anthony. Nobody dominate but they get it done and play scrappy D. Rose got a finger on the Pels final shot of regulation before we dominated the OT session.