Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran

7 in a row!

Another big win. Huge 3rd quarter for RJ turned the tide.

12th man

7 game win streak. Good D in the second half holding CHA to less than 40 pts in the second half and holding CHA to 3 3s in the second half after them hitting 13 in the first half.

12th man

Knicks 1/2 game back of the 4th seed Hawks who we play tomorrow. Last Hawks game I saw they were without Trey, Collins, Gallo and Hunter hope they're shorthanded tomorrow, though they still won without those guys, Hawks picked up Lou Williams for Rondo, who has been huge for them when Rondo was a bust.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Apr 20, 2021 at 21:12.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Knicks trail by 6 at the half 66-60. Rozier hit 2 consécutive 3s to end the half including one that bounced around the rim before falling in to end the half. CHA went 13-19 from beyond the arc. Knicks lucky to be only down 6 but need to tighten up that D the second half, pretty sure CHA going to come back to earth with their shooting.
    Just checked, Hawks have Collins and Trey back. Going to be a dogfight for that 4th spot tomorrow.

31 points allowed in the 2nd half, least points allowed this season by the boys.

Veteran

It’s kind of nuts. We’ve played almost 60 games and our record is only 4 games worse than the Milwaukee Bucks.

13 games left, we’re 5 over .500, battling for the 4th seed, possessing NBA’s longest win streak... peaking at the right time!

Rowan J Barrett 6-11 from downtown. Remember when the naysayers said he’ll only be an all star if he eventually incorporates 3-point shot? He did that in year 2! What will RJ be like when he is 26?!?

I think no matter what happens, even if they slide to 7 and get knocked out... the 2021 season was a tremendous success... everything from here on out is gravy!

7 game win streak ensures they make the playoffs and put them in a position to have a 2-4 WC trip and still be fighting for 6 seed.

Enjoy the final lap here, for this should be the only time under Thibbs we enter post season playing with house money, with no expectations.

12th man

Not much mention of Scott Perry who most thought would be let go as GM of the Knicks when his contract expires at the end of the season. Not so sure Rose will be looking for another GM with his signing of JR and the team’s emergence this season.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    It’s kind of nuts. We’ve played almost 60 games and our record is only 4 games worse than the Milwaukee Bucks.
    I thought we'd be better this yr, they are outperforming my expectations at the current rate. I still think we're a mediocre team in a very down yr of basketball and sports overall. I believe our team cares and works their tails off(hence the results) but I don't feel the same for every team in the league. This isn't a very competitive era, it's more performative and entitled in general

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I thought we'd be better this yr, they are outperforming my expectations at the current rate. I still think we're a mediocre team in a very down yr of basketball and sports overall. I believe our team cares and works their tails off(hence the results) but I don't feel the same for every team in the league. This isn't a very competitive era, it's more performative and entitled in general
    There is also all the trouble some of the “super teams” have had getting their guys on the court (Lakers, Nets).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....o-winners/amp/

As Parcells said, you are what your record says you are.

After 2 decades of misery and woe, who cares how we got to this point? It’s the first step, and we shall see where we go from here.