Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Charlotte Hornets 4/20/2021 7:30 pm [Game #59]

mafra

Legend
13 games left, we?re 5 over .500, battling for the 4th seed, possessing NBA?s longest win streak... peaking at the right time!

Rowan J Barrett 6-11 from downtown. Remember when the naysayers said he?ll only be an all star if he eventually incorporates 3-point shot? He did that in year 2! What will RJ be like when he is 26?!?

I think no matter what happens, even if they slide to 7 and get knocked out... the 2021 season was a tremendous success... everything from here on out is gravy!

7 game win streak ensures they make the playoffs and put them in a position to have a 2-4 WC trip and still be fighting for 6 seed.

Enjoy the final lap here, for this should be the only time under Thibbs we enter post season playing with house money, with no expectations.

tiger0330

Legend
Not much mention of Scott Perry who most thought would be let go as GM of the Knicks when his contract expires at the end of the season. Not so sure Rose will be looking for another GM with his signing of JR and the team’s emergence this season.

Broadway

All Star
It’s kind of nuts. We’ve played almost 60 games and our record is only 4 games worse than the Milwaukee Bucks.

I thought we'd be better this yr, they are outperforming my expectations at the current rate. I still think we're a mediocre team in a very down yr of basketball and sports overall. I believe our team cares and works their tails off(hence the results) but I don't feel the same for every team in the league. This isn't a very competitive era, it's more performative and entitled in general

I thought we'd be better this yr, they are outperforming my expectations at the current rate. I still think we're a mediocre team in a very down yr of basketball and sports overall. I believe our team cares and works their tails off(hence the results) but I don't feel the same for every team in the league. This isn't a very competitive era, it's more performative and entitled in general

There is also all the trouble some of the ?super teams? have had getting their guys on the court (Lakers, Nets).