Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Atlanta Hawks 7:30 pm [Game #60]

tiger0330

Legend
Rose fouls out 120-118 28 seconds left. Goodwin misses a freebie, Knicks have a 1 or lead, now 3 with Randal hitting a driving layup for a 3 pt lead. 8 secs left.

Shaking my head at our last defensive sequence and last offensive possession. Blew a great chance to win this in regulation. Now we go to OT.

mafra

Legend
Knicks up 3 with 8.4 seconds left... and they don?t foul, have wrong guys in game, Bullock and Noel lose their best sniper. Bang.

Then, our okay to win game is hand ball to Randle 50 feet from basket. He doesn?t even get it off in time... misses shot.

Just an awfully coaches and executed final 9 seconds.

mafra

Legend
Bogie ties it, 6.2 left. Hawks are going to double JR, let's see if Thibs still goes to him.

Thibbs doesn?t know offense. There was no play cal. Just hand ball to Randle behind 3-point line, 40 feet from basket, watch him strand and turn and shoot.

Anyway, we should?ve fouled whoever received inbounds pass. You don?t allow a 3 to tie it under 10 seconds.

Quickley hits the 2 and then 3 pointers by Randle and Bullock. Lead is 8 in OT, but plenty of time left and no lead is safe in a shootout like this.

RJ hits a difficulty driving layup and Quickley hits another 3. Lead is 10 with 44 seconds to go. Is this lead finally safe in OT?

mafra

Legend
Rose and IQ with 20 apiece... Randle with 40! We are the 4th seed!!!!

Young getting hurt the momentum changer. We caught another break. Aren?t we due tho?

8 in a row! 6 games over 0.500! Currently sitting in the 4th seed!

Obviously Trae Young injury was big turning point. Still, huge effort from our guys in the OT win.

Kiyaman

Legend
If u had told me at the beginning of the season the Knicks would have ..
A Eight Game Winning streak to become the 4th seed in the playoff race ..
I would have had a long belly laugh ..
Plus Randle's outstanding performance this season would have the Knicks 6 games above .500 in the midseason games .. I would have did a belly-roll laugh cracking-up!
Lets Go Knicks !!!

tiger0330

Legend
If u had told me at the beginning of the season the Knicks would have ..
A Eight Game Winning streak to become the 4th seed in the playoff race ..
I would have had a long belly laugh ..
Plus Randle's outstanding performance this season would have the Knicks 6 games above .500 in the midseason games .. I would have did a belly-roll laugh cracking-up!
Lets Go Knicks !!!
I said Randle didn’t get enough respect last year as the Knicks best player, even this year he’s steadily improved his shooting esp his 3 pt shooting as the season has progressed. Improved every facet of his game with the one blemish being his turnovers but you can live with them, if he keeps this up and we can sign him for a max 5 yr deal after next season, he may go down as one of the all time great Knicks,