Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls 28/4/2021 7:30 pm [Game #63]

Before this season started, I never would have guessed Randle to Bullock would be such a huge part of our success.

As mediocre as we looked for much of the game, we look like a true playoff team to close out the 4th. Randle with 31. We did it with 3 point shooting, defense, and interior physicality.

Huge sigh of relief to get this game. Always a concern to erase a big chunk of a winning streak by immediately going on a losing streak.

tiger0330

Legend
Took the Knicks 3 quarters but they finally got control of the game with JR rebounding from an off game with a 30 plus game. Quick got it started early in the 4th. All alone in 4th place, we should fare well against these WC teams, we've become an elite 3 pt shooting team with a 44% pct this game and 5th in pct behind the Clips Utah Bucks and the Nets.

tiger0330

Legend
Over the last 3 we're the best 3 pt shooting team in the NBA with an eye popping 49% shooting pct. If I were Thibs I'd set the dogs loose and shoot as many 3s as that Dantoni Rockets team.

tiger0330

Legend
Wally saying Knicks have too much fire power. Never expected the shooting explosion the Knicks have had when before the break we seemed to be in dire need of shooting for a playoff run, we now should get Burks back, which should help the shooting even more.

mafra

Legend
Way to really put door to metal last 11 games... they guilt themselves a cushion.... now finish strong! 9 games remain! 4th seed is attainable

Kiyaman

Legend
Wally saying Knicks have too much fire power. Never expected the shooting explosion the Knicks have had when before the break we seemed to be in dire need of shooting for a playoff run, we now should get Burks back, which should help the shooting even more.

Our shooting percentage has improve dramatically over the 9 game win streak, something I thought would never happen because we take 65% of our shots every night from the perimeter.
Maybe the reason why I like watching our rookie Quickley's inside floaters, then outside catch n shoot jumper, or right side 3-ball shot. IQ takes 50% of his shots from the perimeter, and the other 50% trying to draw a foul by dribbling inside the paint for a shot.
Opponents that kept leaving Bullock open on the 3-ball line are regretting it.
Bullock's 3-ball shot has become a great weapon in our offense during the 9 game win streak. Plus the Randle/Bullock chemistry is working well.
And Noel's (BlockParty) defensive performance going down the stretch of the 9 game win streak was FANtastic and phenomenal.
And I never been a fan of complimenting Noel one-side performance.

The Knicks will still need both MitchRob and Burks in the playoff rotation to be a threat !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Our shooting percentage has improve dramatically over the 9 game win streak, something I thought would never happen because we take 65% of our shots every night from the perimeter.
Maybe the reason why I like watching our rookie Quickley's inside floaters, then outside catch n shoot jumper, or right side 3-ball shot. IQ takes 50% of his shots from the perimeter, and the other 50% trying to draw a foul by dribbling inside the paint for a shot.
Opponents that kept leaving Bullock open on the 3-ball line are regretting it.
Bullock's 3-ball shot has become a great weapon in our offense during the 9 game win streak. Plus the Randle/Bullock chemistry is working well.
And Noel's (BlockParty) defensive performance going down the stretch of the 9 game win streak was FANtastic and phenomenal.
And I never been a fan of complimenting Noel one-side performance.

The Knicks will still need both MitchRob and Burks in the playoff rotation to be a threat !!!
Burks was cleared to play but didn't play, I'd expect he'll play after the 3 day break. MRob probably done for the year. We're both surprised by the hot shooting, so it may be just a hot streak but let's hope the streak lasts through the playoffs.

Kiyaman

Legend
Burks was cleared to play but didn't play, I'd expect he'll play after the 3 day break. MRob probably done for the year. We're both surprised by the hot shooting, so it may be just a hot streak but let's hope the streak lasts through the playoffs.

NO MitchRob!
What if we become lucky to get the Hawks in the first round?
We will need MitchRob athleticism and tall body to handle Capela above the rim performance.