Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Memphis Grizzlies 5/3/2021 9:00 pm [Game #65]

tiger0330

Legend
Thibs listened to me about DRose playing over EP. He's made 3 driving layups in the final minutes to give the Knicks an 11 pt lead. EP has played well tonight but can't score like DRose.

Another win that was the result of resilience and composure. Knicks have now won 12 out of their last 13 and have clinched their first winning season since 2013.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Drose season high 28!!! Made Ja Morant look crazy that will teach him I purchased the rest of the season team pass so I?m in to win it Randle home white jersey should arrive any day now!!! My first white Knicks jerseyšŸ„°

tiger0330

Legend
I've been saying the Knicks are for real. Beating Memphis isn't like beating the Bucks, Clips or Jazz etc but the way they're playing I put my money on the boys against those top teams any day.

mafra

Legend
MEM in a battle for positioning in n the 6-10 range. Their announcers talked about how important next 3 games were.

Folks, MEM came to play, needed this game, and we stole their candy!

Knicks now 14-11 vs WC!

tiger0330

Legend
Mentioned Taj over Noel as a starter, he might get the nod because of Noels ankle sprain but his 12 boards and 5 blocks against Valencunas says we don't lose much with Taj in.

Kiyaman

Legend
MEM in a battle for positioning in n the 6-10 range. Their announcers talked about how important next 3 games were.

Folks, MEM came to play, needed this game, and we stole their candy!

Knicks now 14-11 vs WC!

Knicks are 12-1, and 2-0 on this West road trip.

Taj is an experience winning big-man in the 2nd half of a game PF/C.
I was happy we signed Gibson, and mad we didnt resign D.Andre Jordon.
Thibs giving Pelle playingtime in the first half was a smart move, to give Taj rest before the 2nd half, plus Pelle big-body could be useful in the playoff.
Tonight game, after the Grizz 6-0 start the Knicks took full control over the game for all 4 quarters.
Tonight, and during this winning surge, Knicks players been doing a much better job of moving when Randle or Rose has the ball, especially when they get doubled .. Great Team-Ballin !!!

Great 10-Man rotation Thibs !!!
Lets Go Knicks !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Thibs listened to me about DRose playing over EP. He's made 3 driving layups in the final minutes to give the Knicks an 11 pt lead. EP has played well tonight but can't score like DRose.

I'm starting to like Payton's half-court performance starting every game off slow, then having Rose & Quickley's energy come off the bench to speed up the tempo of the game.

mafra

Legend
KP trade meant we signed Randle and got DSJ, who we flipped for D Rose! We don?t need a new PG!!! We got a corner mvp!!!!

tiger0330

Legend
KP trade meant we signed Randle and got DSJ, who we flipped for D Rose! We don?t need a new PG!!! We got a corner mvp!!!!
I would think a second round playoff appearance would guarantee a renewal of DRose MLE contract at the least. He's UFA but I don't think we're talking about him getting a 100M plus deal in FA but I could see him being offered a 3 yr 60M deal by some team.

Broadway

All Star
We are not a play-in playoff team and actually are Top 4 seed. Crazy to think the team would accomplish this at season's begin

JasJ21

Rookie
Yeah, the Knicks have really been impressive this season! I wasn't too optimistic in the beginning, and even started working on a report about these flats in Athens during that exact match against the Grizzlies, as I wasn't entirely sure I'd be riveted to my seat... but I was, and that was a pleasant surprise!