Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Lakers 5/11/2021 10:00 pm [Game #69]

mafra

Legend
Rose and Randle sink 3s... we go from being knocked out to on top!

Up 1 with 70 seconds.

I want this.

Don?t let LAK get away with it. We weren?t worthy for the King! LJ didn?t seem us worthy. Scared!

Make them pay!!!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Just woke-up to see the OT, Rose forcing a second TO, Knicks up 99-98 with 38.8 on the clock!

Not going to lie. Pretty disgusted right now. Have a good night. I?m out. Not sure what the hell we were doing.

tiger0330

Legend
I'm disgusted, good D by the Lakers forcing Rose to give up the ball to RJ for a bad shot at the horn which he missed by 10 ft.

mafra

Legend
Randle travel... pisses you off especially bc the refs didn?t call 2 violations on LAK at end of 4th.

But Randle had 2 possessions to seal victory, in both regulation and OT.

He went hero-ball, and both possessions resulted in turnovers.

That, right there, is why we lost the game.

I?ll chalk it up to him wanted to win against his former team. Maybe a valuable lesson learned for playoffs.

But, folks... if we don?t go 3-0... we will be the 6th seed. And that means MIL and possibly a sweep.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
good effort down the stretch, too bad we allowed Tucker to make that last shot

mafra

Legend
First of all, I salute their effort tonight. They are a ferocious rotation of Thibidites. They battled and fought and beat up LA tonight. The NYK were the better team tonight, and Randle was the best player on the court.

But...

This is LAK! And they mocked you today by resting LJ, saving The King for HOU tomorrow. Are you kidding me! They deemed HOU the tougher opponent.

You had to make them pay for that. They didn?t, and now we are the 6th seed.

You know, hosting MIA or ATL is a major major thing. Being the 6th seed and getting swept by MIL is something else entirely....

Kiyaman

Legend
We were up 10 points in the 4th having our 2nd-unit lineup of Taj, Obi, Bullock, Frank, Rose on the court .. and we blew it putting Hero-Randle instead of pass first Randle into the game to consistently run one on one stunts on AD defense.

mafra

Legend
Bullock and Barrett combined for just 13 points. Without IQ and AB, this put the entire weight of the offense on Rose and Randle.

If RB and RJ have 14 or 15 points, we win the game.

Loss is on those 2 for not doing what Tucker and Matthews did for LAK.